Just in time for me to leave on my trip to Paris and start the cycle over again, I have finally sorted and culled (yes, culled) the photos from my September trip to the Dalmatian Coast with the adventure company, Backroads. Hang on to your hats and brew some tea. You might want to settle in for a while!
To spare viewers, I have them sorted in many different ways so that you don't have to look at all 311 of them (not a typo). You don't have to look at any, clearly, but in case you want to look at some, I've tried to make it easier.
I will come back once I am home from Paris to flesh out the background. This was mid-September, 8 nights total (5 nights/6 days with Backroads) and it was glorious. We had perfect weather all but one day. Warm weather, warm water, and sun sun sun.
We started in Dubrovnik (two nights), visited the Peljesac Peninsula for a night (across from Korcula Island), visited Korcula, hiked on that island... then Hvar for two nights. One night on Brac Island in a little village which had a noted stone masonry school... and finally ended in Split where I stayed two extra nights. Backroads does a fantastic job. They run a flawless, well researched program - they select wonderful hotels in great locations and the food never disappoints. This was my second trip with them.
Top 70 photos (if you can't stand to look at all 311 of them)
All of them: (311 photos). Only click this link if you've brewed your tea first - grab a few cookies while you are at it, too. I'd suggest clicking the top 70 first and then if you like that, come back for more. Or just click on the categories below - broken down by locale.
And below are by category in case there are specific days you'd rather see.
Dubrovnik and Cavtat
Korcula and Vela Luka hike
Hvar hike/town, and, view from fortress:
Brac and Pucisca
Split, view inside the Palace and also from the tower
And finally, BOZIDAR in all her glory. This was our private boat for the week as we sailed from island to island.
Croatia photos (Dalmatian Coast) from September hiking trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Some Observations on a Fantastic Journey through Western Turkey
- 2 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 3 Vineyard visit from Paris (day trip): Burgundy vs Lorie Valley
- 4 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 5 Driving Croatia turkey via Greece
- 6 Macarons!
- 7 Plan for the Drive from York to Edinburgh
- 8 Arc de Triomphe Elevator
- 9 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 10 Train from Rome Airport FCO to Florence
- 11 Best of Southern France and Spain
- 12 Breaking out of the Nutshell: Oslo, Bergen, the Sognefjord and Copenhagen
- 13 Dijon or Beaune for overnight?
- 14 First pass itinerary for Spain in October?
- 15 Southern Turkey -- hiking the Lycian Way
- 16 Lycian Way
- 17 Sintra - How to avoid steep uphill walking
- 18 Rental Car in Paris
- 19 Lycian Way Self Guided Options
- 20 Trip from Berlin to Romantic Road towns/Bavaria
- 21 A week on the Amalfi Coast--Itinerary Advice Needed!
- 22 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 23 3 nights in sorrento/amalfi - please help with day planning
- 24 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 25 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast