Just in time for me to leave on my trip to Paris and start the cycle over again, I have finally sorted and culled (yes, culled) the photos from my September trip to the Dalmatian Coast with the adventure company, Backroads. Hang on to your hats and brew some tea. You might want to settle in for a while!
To spare viewers, I have them sorted in many different ways so that you don't have to look at all 311 of them (not a typo). You don't have to look at any, clearly, but in case you want to look at some, I've tried to make it easier.
I will come back once I am home from Paris to flesh out the background. This was mid-September, 8 nights total (5 nights/6 days with Backroads) and it was glorious. We had perfect weather all but one day. Warm weather, warm water, and sun sun sun.
We started in Dubrovnik (two nights), visited the Peljesac Peninsula for a night (across from Korcula Island), visited Korcula, hiked on that island... then Hvar for two nights. One night on Brac Island in a little village which had a noted stone masonry school... and finally ended in Split where I stayed two extra nights. Backroads does a fantastic job. They run a flawless, well researched program - they select wonderful hotels in great locations and the food never disappoints. This was my second trip with them.
Top 70 photos (if you can't stand to look at all 311 of them)
All of them: (311 photos). Only click this link if you've brewed your tea first - grab a few cookies while you are at it, too. I'd suggest clicking the top 70 first and then if you like that, come back for more. Or just click on the categories below - broken down by locale.
And below are by category in case there are specific days you'd rather see.
Dubrovnik and Cavtat
Korcula and Vela Luka hike
Hvar hike/town, and, view from fortress:
Brac and Pucisca
Split, view inside the Palace and also from the tower
And finally, BOZIDAR in all her glory. This was our private boat for the week as we sailed from island to island.
Croatia photos (Dalmatian Coast) from September hiking trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 2 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma
- 3 Vantage Deluxe World Travel - Russia
- 4 No points in Paris .....
- 5 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 6 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 7 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 8 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 9 best time to book accommodation
- 10 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 11 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 12 Stay near Paris
- 13 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 14 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 15 Sicily - not a trip report
- 16 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 17 Chip but no PIN
- 18 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 19 Questions for my German friends
- 20 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 21 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 22 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 23 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 24 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 25 Train from Barcelona to Madrid