My husband and I are planning a 11-day trip to Croatia this September. Need advice/suggestions from the community if the following makes sense and if I should include (or leave out) anything. Would love to do a bit of everything; island, cities, towns, beaches, nature, sceneries and maybe try snorkeling.
Day1: Arrive in Dubrovnik. Overnight in Dubrovnik
Day2: Dubrovnik. Overnight in Dubrovnik
Day3: Day trips/excursions from Dubrovnik (Lokrum Island/Elaphiti Islands/Mljet etc). Overnight in Dubrovnik
Day4: Leave Dubrovnik to an island (Hvar/Korcula/Vis etc) Overnight on the island OR drive to Split and overnight in Split
Day5: Island/Leave Split to an island (Hvar/Korcula/Vis etc) Overnight on the island.
Day6: Leave island.Overnight in Split.
Day7: Rent a car in Split and explore Trogir. Overnight in Trogir
Day8: Zadar. Overnight in Zadar
Day9: Plitvice National Park.Overnight in Rakovica
Day10: Zagreb. Overnight in Zagreb.
Day11: Depart from Zagreb.
Still haven't decided on which island to go to. Was planning to go to Hvar but the catamaran schedule is very limited. Might have to rent a car from Dubrovnik to Split, overnight in Split, return car the next morning and go to Hvar. Sounds a bit of a hassle but don't mind doing it if you guys think Hvar is worth it.
Should I try to squeeze in an Istria town in the itinerary? Very tempted to include Motovun (only if it's feasible) Some of the places on the itinerary can be a stop instead of spending an overnight there.
Any advice and suggestions are much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 2 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 3 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 4 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 5 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 6 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 7 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 8 Short Trip in July
- 9 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 10 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 11 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 12 First trip to England & Ireland-9 days in August
- 13 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 14 Cell Phone Question
- 15 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 16 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 17 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 18 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 19 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 20 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 21 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 22 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 23 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 24 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 25 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK