Just finished reading the Croatia guidebook and am overwhelmed by the options...trying to narrow down our destinations as we'll only have 9 days. A bit about us - we are in our early 30s. We would like to have a mix of culture and beach time. We generally like to explore towns by foot and are more interested in walking around and experiencing a place rather than seeing churches or museums. Great food is a priority. We tend to enjoy places with a bit of a buzz rather than sleepy towns, but are not looking to party. With those priorities in mind, I would appreciate your comments on the below suggested itinerary (including if there are different places we should go instead). The trip is in June. Thanks!
We are flying in and out of Dubrovnik.
Day 1 - depart Dubrovnik for Vis or Hvar
Day 2 - Vis or Hvar
Day 3 - Vis or Hvar
Day 4 - travel to Split, afternoon/evening in Split
Day 5 - rent car and drive to Plitvice, spend day and night in Plitvice
Day 6 - drive to Zadar, spend day and night in Zadar (or afternoon at kraljicina plaza?)
Day 7 - drive to Split, ferry to Bol for the day?
Day 8 - travel to Dubrovnik (best way?), afternoon/evening in Dubrovnik
Day 9 - day and evening in Dubrovnik
Day 10 - fly home
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 2 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 3 Rome -- The next time around
- 4 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 5 One free day in Barcelona
- 6 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 7 Greek Village
- 8 Rome to Venice
- 9 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 10 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 11 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 12 PARIS
- 13 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 14 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 15 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 16 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 17 Sicily help
- 18 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 19 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 20 Hotels in Turin
- 21 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 22 Alitala
- 23 Bordeaux to Nice
- 24 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 25 "Too Much Cows"