My wife and I, from Southern California, are planning a trip to Croatia during the last two weeks of September. The following are my queries:
1. I am assuming traveling in Croatia is safe.
2. We have 9 nights and 8 days in Croatia. We like outdoor, nature, meeting locals, history, knowing the culture and trying local cuisines.
3.My hope is to cover Dubrovnik to Rovinj including Plitvice National Park, Islands of Hvar and Brac, and going to Mostar. I think this is an ambitious plan with the days we have. Hence I would like your recommendation of the must visit cities and must do things.
4.We are planning to rent a car so traveling should have the flexibility vs public transportation. I am assuming driving should not be an issue for the sites we want to visit.
5. What is the best city to fly in and out of from California. My thinking is to fly into Dubrovnik and fly out of Split. Ideally I would like to fly into Dubrovnik and fly out of Rovinj, but it appears that not many international flights out of Rovinj/Pula.
6. We normally book rooms thru Airbnb. Is this a good idea or book hotel rooms?
I would sure appreciate your comments and assistance in planning this trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 2 Using RenaultUSA.com
- 3 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 4 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 5 barcelona neighborhood
- 6 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 7 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 8 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 9 Tracking the Weather
- 10 Italy travel plan help
- 11 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 12 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 13 Alsace to Austria?
- 14 road trip through scotland
- 15 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 16 Wales
- 17 Best Neck Pillow
- 18 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 19 Tieks for travel
- 20 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 21 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 22 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 23 Where to eat in Rome?
- 24 Thinking about the Fjords
- 25 Posting Packages from Central Europe