My husband and I are traveling with our 3 children - ages 10, 8 and 6 in late June/early July to Croatia. Here is what we have tentatively planned. It is our 1st trip to Croatia and I realize we are missing Dubrovnik, but I have some parts of the trip locked in and don't want to be rushing from location to location.
Day 1 - fly U.S. to Zagreb, arrive morning, pick up car rental
Day 2 - Zagreb, arranged a local walking tour with an English speaking tour guide aimed at elementary aged school children; in the afternoon depart for Plitvices Lakes National Park
Day 3-4 - drive to Plitvices Lakes National Park, stay in the national park (hotel booked)
Day 5-6 - drive from Plitvices to Trogir, stay 2 nights
Day 6- drive from Trogir to Pula, stay 6 or 7 nights; explore the Istrian peninsula (Pula, Roving, Porec and other hillside towns, perhaps do a 1 day ferry trip to Venice....home rental confirmed in Pjescana Uvala)
Day 13 - Zagreb back to U.S.
My questions are:
1. Suggestions or feedback on car rental companies that have been a good reputation in Zagreb?
2. Since we are missing Dubrovnik, I wanted to squeeze in Trogir to get a feel for the Dalmatian Coast....thoughts on Trogir?
3. Any feedback or thoughts on what we must do with children on/near the Istrian peninsula?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 2 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Versailles
- 5 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 6 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 7 Acropolis Athens
- 8 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 9 driving from prague to salzburg
- 10 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 11 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 12 Need help for hiking destinations in Austria
- 13 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 14 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 15 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 16 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 17 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 18 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 19 Meteora for older folk
- 20 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 21 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 22 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 23 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 24 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 25 Germany train help!