My husband and I are traveling with our 3 children - ages 10, 8 and 6 in late June/early July to Croatia. Here is what we have tentatively planned. It is our 1st trip to Croatia and I realize we are missing Dubrovnik, but I have some parts of the trip locked in and don't want to be rushing from location to location.
Day 1 - fly U.S. to Zagreb, arrive morning, pick up car rental
Day 2 - Zagreb, arranged a local walking tour with an English speaking tour guide aimed at elementary aged school children; in the afternoon depart for Plitvices Lakes National Park
Day 3-4 - drive to Plitvices Lakes National Park, stay in the national park (hotel booked)
Day 5-6 - drive from Plitvices to Trogir, stay 2 nights
Day 6- drive from Trogir to Pula, stay 6 or 7 nights; explore the Istrian peninsula (Pula, Roving, Porec and other hillside towns, perhaps do a 1 day ferry trip to Venice....home rental confirmed in Pjescana Uvala)
Day 13 - Zagreb back to U.S.
My questions are:
1. Suggestions or feedback on car rental companies that have been a good reputation in Zagreb?
2. Since we are missing Dubrovnik, I wanted to squeeze in Trogir to get a feel for the Dalmatian Coast....thoughts on Trogir?
3. Any feedback or thoughts on what we must do with children on/near the Istrian peninsula?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 2 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 3 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 4 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 5 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 6 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 7 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 8 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 9 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 10 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 11 London 6 day itinerary
- 12 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont
- 13 Sim Cards
- 14 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 15 London in Winter Report
- 16 Portugal rental car
- 17 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 18 Switzaly 2011: two sisters visit Zurich, Turin and Milan
- 19 IWM
- 20 London Hotel - Different Request
- 21 Seville to Cordoba
- 22 3 nights in Madrid
- 23 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 24 Travelling Iceland
- 25 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon