I will be travelling to Croatia this august with my husband & 2 boys (ages 7 & 9). We like beaches & relaxing but also sightseeing, history, trying new foods and seeing how the locals live. We arrive in Split on Tues Aug 12 at 7 pm & depart from Dubrovnik on Tues Aug 26 at 6:30 am.
I am trying to plan our 2 weeks there, where to stay & for how long. Which islands are better, which daytrips to take (by tour or on our own?) and the like. I have been looking at the ferry timetables but cannot seem to get clear schedules for August. So any info on that would also be helpful.
Tentatively, this is what I am thinking:
8/12 - arrive Split evening, ck in to hotel (or apt??)
8/13 - 1/2 day Trogir (take ferry or bus?) - Diocletian Palace in the evening
8/14 - day trip to Brac? or makarska beach?
8/15 - take ferry to Hvar (have to ck timetable to confirm times)
Stay in an apt in Hvar (any recommendations are appreciated)
8/16 - relax in Hvar
8/18 - Hvar
8/19 - Hvar
Can any day trips be done from Hvar? i.e. Vis, Brac, or any other island?
8/20 - leave for Dubrovnik - can Dub be reached by ferry from Hvar? Is this feasible/easy?
Would this be easier than going back to Split?
8/20 - 8/25 (as we leave Dub very early 8/26)
From Dub we would liek to do the following
Old Town/ walk the walls - easy enough to do any day
Day trip to Montenegro/Medugorje
Day trip Korcula
Other than that I am open to suggestions on apartments, beaches, day trips, tour agencies, etc etc.
All info is welcome & appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 2 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 3 Barcelona - places to stay
- 4 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 5 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 6 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 7 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 8 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 9 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 10 Christmas Markets 2017
- 11 Language to use in Belgium
- 12 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 13 Istanbul at Easter
- 14 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 15 Palermo Apartment
- 16 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 17 SURPRISE TRIP
- 18 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 19 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 20 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 21 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 22 Fado in Lisbon
- 23 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 24 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 25 Help with Italy Itinerary