I will be travelling to Croatia this august with my husband & 2 boys (ages 7 & 9). We like beaches & relaxing but also sightseeing, history, trying new foods and seeing how the locals live. We arrive in Split on Tues Aug 12 at 7 pm & depart from Dubrovnik on Tues Aug 26 at 6:30 am.
I am trying to plan our 2 weeks there, where to stay & for how long. Which islands are better, which daytrips to take (by tour or on our own?) and the like. I have been looking at the ferry timetables but cannot seem to get clear schedules for August. So any info on that would also be helpful.
Tentatively, this is what I am thinking:
8/12 - arrive Split evening, ck in to hotel (or apt??)
8/13 - 1/2 day Trogir (take ferry or bus?) - Diocletian Palace in the evening
8/14 - day trip to Brac? or makarska beach?
8/15 - take ferry to Hvar (have to ck timetable to confirm times)
Stay in an apt in Hvar (any recommendations are appreciated)
8/16 - relax in Hvar
8/18 - Hvar
8/19 - Hvar
Can any day trips be done from Hvar? i.e. Vis, Brac, or any other island?
8/20 - leave for Dubrovnik - can Dub be reached by ferry from Hvar? Is this feasible/easy?
Would this be easier than going back to Split?
8/20 - 8/25 (as we leave Dub very early 8/26)
From Dub we would liek to do the following
Old Town/ walk the walls - easy enough to do any day
Day trip to Montenegro/Medugorje
Day trip Korcula
Other than that I am open to suggestions on apartments, beaches, day trips, tour agencies, etc etc.
All info is welcome & appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 2 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 3 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 4 Chamonix to Paris
- 5 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 6 Undisclsoed location
- 7 Need help with my itinerary
- 8 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 9 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 10 Italy bus or train
- 11 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 12 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 13 Paris in September
- 14 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 15 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 16 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 17 help with Italy itinerary
- 18 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 19 14 days end to end London Heathrow
- 20 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 21 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 22 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 23 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 24 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 25 Praiano