I will be travelling to Croatia this august with my husband & 2 boys (ages 7 & 9). We like beaches & relaxing but also sightseeing, history, trying new foods and seeing how the locals live. We arrive in Split on Tues Aug 12 at 7 pm & depart from Dubrovnik on Tues Aug 26 at 6:30 am.
I am trying to plan our 2 weeks there, where to stay & for how long. Which islands are better, which daytrips to take (by tour or on our own?) and the like. I have been looking at the ferry timetables but cannot seem to get clear schedules for August. So any info on that would also be helpful.
Tentatively, this is what I am thinking:
8/12 - arrive Split evening, ck in to hotel (or apt??)
8/13 - 1/2 day Trogir (take ferry or bus?) - Diocletian Palace in the evening
8/14 - day trip to Brac? or makarska beach?
8/15 - take ferry to Hvar (have to ck timetable to confirm times)
Stay in an apt in Hvar (any recommendations are appreciated)
8/16 - relax in Hvar
8/18 - Hvar
8/19 - Hvar
Can any day trips be done from Hvar? i.e. Vis, Brac, or any other island?
8/20 - leave for Dubrovnik - can Dub be reached by ferry from Hvar? Is this feasible/easy?
Would this be easier than going back to Split?
8/20 - 8/25 (as we leave Dub very early 8/26)
From Dub we would liek to do the following
Old Town/ walk the walls - easy enough to do any day
Day trip to Montenegro/Medugorje
Day trip Korcula
Other than that I am open to suggestions on apartments, beaches, day trips, tour agencies, etc etc.
All info is welcome & appreciated.
Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amasra Turkey for one day - what to do?
- 2 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 3 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 4 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 5 Large rental villa in Provence for family reunion
- 6 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 7 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 8 Summer vacation in Greece for 2 weeks, need help w itinerary !!
- 9 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 10 Font de Gaume Reservations Available Again
- 11 10 Day Itinerary in Italy?
- 12 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 13 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 14 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 15 Marry in Venice travel to Florence, Rome, AC, Naples
- 16 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 17 What's your suggestion ????
- 18 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 19 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 20 A guide to Madrid
- 21 Transfer at Paris (CDG) from terminal 2E and 2D by foot is possible?
- 22 Prague for a week?
- 23 Lake Garda self-catering for 4 adults & 2 children
- 24 Exchanging CD$ for Euro's
- 25 What to do in Manchester for half a day?