I will be travelling to Croatia this august with my husband & 2 boys (ages 7 & 9). We like beaches & relaxing but also sightseeing, history, trying new foods and seeing how the locals live. We arrive in Split on Tues Aug 12 at 7 pm & depart from Dubrovnik on Tues Aug 26 at 6:30 am.
I am trying to plan our 2 weeks there, where to stay & for how long. Which islands are better, which daytrips to take (by tour or on our own?) and the like. I have been looking at the ferry timetables but cannot seem to get clear schedules for August. So any info on that would also be helpful.
Tentatively, this is what I am thinking:
8/12 - arrive Split evening, ck in to hotel (or apt??)
8/13 - 1/2 day Trogir (take ferry or bus?) - Diocletian Palace in the evening
8/14 - day trip to Brac? or makarska beach?
8/15 - take ferry to Hvar (have to ck timetable to confirm times)
Stay in an apt in Hvar (any recommendations are appreciated)
8/16 - relax in Hvar
8/18 - Hvar
8/19 - Hvar
Can any day trips be done from Hvar? i.e. Vis, Brac, or any other island?
8/20 - leave for Dubrovnik - can Dub be reached by ferry from Hvar? Is this feasible/easy?
Would this be easier than going back to Split?
8/20 - 8/25 (as we leave Dub very early 8/26)
From Dub we would liek to do the following
Old Town/ walk the walls - easy enough to do any day
Day trip to Montenegro/Medugorje
Day trip Korcula
Other than that I am open to suggestions on apartments, beaches, day trips, tour agencies, etc etc.
All info is welcome & appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 2 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 3 Visiting Europe for 1 week: Prague or Rome?
- 4 Flights from Croatia
- 5 Visiting Spain in January
- 6 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 7 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 8 The Shocking Truth About Elastin In Skin !
- 9 London in a Nutshell! - Travel Report
- 10 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 11 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 12 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 13 English Countryside
- 14 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 15 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 16 Europe in late January
- 17 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 18 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May
- 19 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?
- 20 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 21 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 22 Paris---baguette question???
- 23 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 24 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 25 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome