Our friends our trying to convince us to change our vacation plans to Spain this summer and join them in Croatia. We had done planning for Spain but we are now considering travelling with them instead.
It will be no problem changing our flights and Croatia, with the preliminary research we have done here and on other sites (shhh, don't tell anyone), really does seem to have it all.
We will have 16 full days in Croatia. We will be starting off in the north, in the Istria region, then travelling south along the Dalmation coast, ending in Dubrovnik.
Any advice on where to base ourselves in Istria and as we travel south would be welcome as we do not want to move around that many times. We would like time at the beach, but the beach part of our trip does not have to be at a beach resort. We do not mind staying in a beautiful village near or on the beach so that we can use our car to travel to other beaches for a few hours. We have also read that we do not need much time in Dubrovnik (is that true?) and we enjoy seeing/staying in places that are less travelled.
Many people talk about Hvar and Korcula, but there seems to be so many islands to choose from so any advice on other islands that may be just as interesting and less touristy would be very helpful (if there are any that do compare to either Hvar and Korcula).
Also, it seems that many travellers say that spending some time in Split and Zagreb is important. Is it a must to spend a few nights in one or both of these cities?
We would also like to spend a a night or two in a hilltop village. Any advice on which one to look at?
Your help on an itinerary for these 16 days would be very helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://trycognimaxiq.com/lash-rejuv/
- 2 TIM in FCO - update
- 3 Visa Query
- 4 London in Winter Report
- 5 Visit to Sardinia
- 6 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 7 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 8 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 9 Legal documents assistants
- 10 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 11 ATM help
- 12 ATM
- 13 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 14 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 15 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 16 London is it worth it?
- 17 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 18 Montserrat Express
- 19 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 20 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 21 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 22 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 23 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 24 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 25 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?