My husband and I are planning to visit Croatia this September for the first time. We were thinking of spending a couple nights in Santorini, then flying into Dubrovnik to spend 8 days/7 nights exploring the Southern Croatian islands. We would probably take the ferry from Dubrovnik to Hvar, and do some day trips from there (this is not set in stone). We are anxious to see as much as we can of the beautiful islands while also getting some relaxation in. Nothing is booked yet, so we are open to any ideas.
1 - any must see islands/day trips? (probably not enough time for Plitvice lakes)
2 - any suggestions on an itinerary for our 8 days/7 nights in Croatia?
3 - best options for accommodations (apartment rental or hotel?) Any specific favorites?
A few notes to keep in mind. We like staying at nice, small boutique like hotels, and appreciate a good view and/or great location. We are trying to keep the hotels around $200-$250/night (looking for the best bang for our buck). As far as activities - we enjoy great views, being on the water, good food, and exploring off the beaten path.
Appreciate any advice on these topics - thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 2 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 3 Cornwall UK
- 4 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 5 Charming areas to explore in London
- 6 8 Hours in Rome
- 7 San Gimignano area of Italy
- 8 credit and debit cards
- 9 I may be wrong....
- 10 Golf Partner in Istanbul
- 11 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 12 Cash machines ATM
- 13 Train up the Jungfrau
- 14 Morgan Hotel London for solo female
- 15 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 16 travel around Spain
- 17 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 18 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 19 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 20 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 21 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 22 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 23 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 24 Stu Tower
- 25 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
Croatia hotel and itinerary help (8 days, 7 nights in Sep)