My husband and I are planning to visit Croatia this September for the first time. We were thinking of spending a couple nights in Santorini, then flying into Dubrovnik to spend 8 days/7 nights exploring the Southern Croatian islands. We would probably take the ferry from Dubrovnik to Hvar, and do some day trips from there (this is not set in stone). We are anxious to see as much as we can of the beautiful islands while also getting some relaxation in. Nothing is booked yet, so we are open to any ideas.
1 - any must see islands/day trips? (probably not enough time for Plitvice lakes)
2 - any suggestions on an itinerary for our 8 days/7 nights in Croatia?
3 - best options for accommodations (apartment rental or hotel?) Any specific favorites?
A few notes to keep in mind. We like staying at nice, small boutique like hotels, and appreciate a good view and/or great location. We are trying to keep the hotels around $200-$250/night (looking for the best bang for our buck). As far as activities - we enjoy great views, being on the water, good food, and exploring off the beaten path.
Appreciate any advice on these topics - thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 2 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 3 Swiss Travel Pass
- 4 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 5 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 6 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 7 We're here!
- 8 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 9 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 10 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 11 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 12 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 13 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 14 Athens
- 15 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 16 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 17 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 18 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 19 Petrol in Greece
- 20 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 21 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 22 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices
- 23 Gyms in Paris-day passes?
- 24 Christmas markets still open after Dec 25?
- 25 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
Croatia hotel and itinerary help (8 days, 7 nights in Sep)