I am so amazed by everyone's expertise on this forum, so thought I'd start this thread to get some advice on a 7 day itinerary in Croatia.
We have to be in Dubrovnik smack dab in the middle of the week...so we'll have two days free, then two days in Dubrovnik, and then three more days to play with.
Trying to decide where to fly in and fly out - we're flexible. Considering flying into Dubrovnik and out of Split, and potentially seeing Hvar and Vis. Not sure what makes sense logistically.
So would love insights on:
1) Where you'd go with those 7 days
2) How you'd arrange it logistically (flying in where, driving/ferrying where, flying out of where)
3) Any must-dos in any of those locales?
In case it helps with advice, we tend to travel with an emphasis on getting to know an area through food and locals, with less time spent at museums/historical sites. We also tend to travel pretty quickly, e.g., did an 8 day trip in Italy and covered Rome, Cinqueterre, and Siena in that time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Baby Milk
- 2 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 3 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 4 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 5 Tour groups
- 6 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 7 Layover Düsseldorf?
- 8 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 9 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 10 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 11 English Countryside
- 12 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 13 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 14 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 15 Corsica trekking late 2017
- 16 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 17 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 18 Driving in Italy?
- 19 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 20 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 21 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 22 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 23 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 24 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 25 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia