I am so amazed by everyone's expertise on this forum, so thought I'd start this thread to get some advice on a 7 day itinerary in Croatia.
We have to be in Dubrovnik smack dab in the middle of the week...so we'll have two days free, then two days in Dubrovnik, and then three more days to play with.
Trying to decide where to fly in and fly out - we're flexible. Considering flying into Dubrovnik and out of Split, and potentially seeing Hvar and Vis. Not sure what makes sense logistically.
So would love insights on:
1) Where you'd go with those 7 days
2) How you'd arrange it logistically (flying in where, driving/ferrying where, flying out of where)
3) Any must-dos in any of those locales?
In case it helps with advice, we tend to travel with an emphasis on getting to know an area through food and locals, with less time spent at museums/historical sites. We also tend to travel pretty quickly, e.g., did an 8 day trip in Italy and covered Rome, Cinqueterre, and Siena in that time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 2 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 3 France Study Abroad
- 4 London is it worth it?
- 5 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 6 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 7 free international phone calls
- 8 Taxi from Heathrow Airport
- 9 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 10 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 11 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 12 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 13 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 14 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 15 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 16 London 6 day itinerary
- 17 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 18 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 19 International drivers permit
- 20 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 21 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 22 Paris and Normandy
- 23 Sicily Beach Resort
- 24 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 25 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers