I am so amazed by everyone's expertise on this forum, so thought I'd start this thread to get some advice on a 7 day itinerary in Croatia.
We have to be in Dubrovnik smack dab in the middle of the week...so we'll have two days free, then two days in Dubrovnik, and then three more days to play with.
Trying to decide where to fly in and fly out - we're flexible. Considering flying into Dubrovnik and out of Split, and potentially seeing Hvar and Vis. Not sure what makes sense logistically.
So would love insights on:
1) Where you'd go with those 7 days
2) How you'd arrange it logistically (flying in where, driving/ferrying where, flying out of where)
3) Any must-dos in any of those locales?
In case it helps with advice, we tend to travel with an emphasis on getting to know an area through food and locals, with less time spent at museums/historical sites. We also tend to travel pretty quickly, e.g., did an 8 day trip in Italy and covered Rome, Cinqueterre, and Siena in that time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Sorrento/Positano area with family of 5?
- 2 travel around Spain
- 3 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 4 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 5 Mosel & Ahr wine tasting visit for 4 nights
- 6 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?
- 7 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 8 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 9 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 10 Another Question re Scotland
- 11 Dalmation coast in October?
- 12 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 13 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 14 credit and debit cards
- 15 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 16 Swiss rail disruption near Luzern
- 17 Where to stay in Umbria
- 18 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 19 Cinque Terre Area & Coastal Day Activities
- 20 First Trip to Ireland
- 21 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 22 Greece or Croatia OR Croatia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy
- 23 Train up the Jungfrau
- 24 Begur, Tossa de Mar, Sitges
- 25 Tattoos in Italy