I am so amazed by everyone's expertise on this forum, so thought I'd start this thread to get some advice on a 7 day itinerary in Croatia.
We have to be in Dubrovnik smack dab in the middle of the week...so we'll have two days free, then two days in Dubrovnik, and then three more days to play with.
Trying to decide where to fly in and fly out - we're flexible. Considering flying into Dubrovnik and out of Split, and potentially seeing Hvar and Vis. Not sure what makes sense logistically.
So would love insights on:
1) Where you'd go with those 7 days
2) How you'd arrange it logistically (flying in where, driving/ferrying where, flying out of where)
3) Any must-dos in any of those locales?
In case it helps with advice, we tend to travel with an emphasis on getting to know an area through food and locals, with less time spent at museums/historical sites. We also tend to travel pretty quickly, e.g., did an 8 day trip in Italy and covered Rome, Cinqueterre, and Siena in that time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 2 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 3 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 4 Help on ancient history route
- 5 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 6 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 7 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 8 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 9 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 10 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 11 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 12 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 13 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 14 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 15 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 16 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 17 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 18 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 19 Hotels in Turin
- 20 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 21 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person
- 22 Best layover option
- 23 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 24 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 25 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages