I am so amazed by everyone's expertise on this forum, so thought I'd start this thread to get some advice on a 7 day itinerary in Croatia.
We have to be in Dubrovnik smack dab in the middle of the week...so we'll have two days free, then two days in Dubrovnik, and then three more days to play with.
Trying to decide where to fly in and fly out - we're flexible. Considering flying into Dubrovnik and out of Split, and potentially seeing Hvar and Vis. Not sure what makes sense logistically.
So would love insights on:
1) Where you'd go with those 7 days
2) How you'd arrange it logistically (flying in where, driving/ferrying where, flying out of where)
3) Any must-dos in any of those locales?
In case it helps with advice, we tend to travel with an emphasis on getting to know an area through food and locals, with less time spent at museums/historical sites. We also tend to travel pretty quickly, e.g., did an 8 day trip in Italy and covered Rome, Cinqueterre, and Siena in that time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NETGEAR ROUTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT NETGEAR Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Driving through Paris
- 3 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 4 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 5 Bruges
- 6 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 7 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 10 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 11 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 12 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 13 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 14 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 15 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 16 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 17 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 18 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 19 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 20 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 21 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 22 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 23 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 24 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 25 Birthday dinner in Salzburg