Four a "special" anniversary trip, we are looking at an adventure tour in September that starts in Zagreb and ends in Split. We would only be in both of these destinations for 1 night. However, in trying to route our flights and using frequent flier miles....we could possibly spend 2 nights in Dubrovnik but our only option on US airlines would be flying in/out of Zagreb. Not sure if the time to get to Dubrovnik makes sense either by bus, plane, or ferry since we will need to fly out of Zagreb by shortly after noon to return home. Any thoughts on whether we should pass on Dubrovnik and spend our remaining time in either Split, Zagreb, or other nearby destination for a short 2 night stay? My husband has no problem driving in other countries so that would also be an alternative. Would love to hear your input and ideas on what to see, where to stay, and where to dine.
Croatia Final Stop--Zagreb, Split, Dubrovnik?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 2 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 3 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 4 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 5 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 6 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 7 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 8 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 9 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 10 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 11 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 12 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 13 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 14 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 15 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 16 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 17 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 18 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 19 Paris, London, 49ers and Fodors GTG
- 20 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 21 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 22 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 23 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 24 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 25 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide