Four a "special" anniversary trip, we are looking at an adventure tour in September that starts in Zagreb and ends in Split. We would only be in both of these destinations for 1 night. However, in trying to route our flights and using frequent flier miles....we could possibly spend 2 nights in Dubrovnik but our only option on US airlines would be flying in/out of Zagreb. Not sure if the time to get to Dubrovnik makes sense either by bus, plane, or ferry since we will need to fly out of Zagreb by shortly after noon to return home. Any thoughts on whether we should pass on Dubrovnik and spend our remaining time in either Split, Zagreb, or other nearby destination for a short 2 night stay? My husband has no problem driving in other countries so that would also be an alternative. Would love to hear your input and ideas on what to see, where to stay, and where to dine.
Croatia Final Stop--Zagreb, Split, Dubrovnik?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Now for the Venice hotel
- 2 Day Trips from Paris
- 3 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 4 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 5 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 6 To Prague or not to Prague
- 7 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 8 Leaving schengen country without a re entry permit
- 9 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 10 Night Train from Krakow to Budapest
- 11 Greece after the Vote
- 12 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 13 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 14 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 15 South of Switzerland
- 16 A Week in Spain
- 17 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 18 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 19 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 20 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 21 Rocamaxour
- 22 Home Base in Belgium
- 23 London Pass
- 24 Switzerland and Italy, tickets bought, need itinerary help
- 25 Potential trip - Balkans