Four a "special" anniversary trip, we are looking at an adventure tour in September that starts in Zagreb and ends in Split. We would only be in both of these destinations for 1 night. However, in trying to route our flights and using frequent flier miles....we could possibly spend 2 nights in Dubrovnik but our only option on US airlines would be flying in/out of Zagreb. Not sure if the time to get to Dubrovnik makes sense either by bus, plane, or ferry since we will need to fly out of Zagreb by shortly after noon to return home. Any thoughts on whether we should pass on Dubrovnik and spend our remaining time in either Split, Zagreb, or other nearby destination for a short 2 night stay? My husband has no problem driving in other countries so that would also be an alternative. Would love to hear your input and ideas on what to see, where to stay, and where to dine.
Croatia Final Stop--Zagreb, Split, Dubrovnik?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 2 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 3 Looking for Feedback on Belgium/Holland Itinerary
- 4 Sicily 10 days
- 5 Europe with young teens
- 6 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 7 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 8 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 9 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 10 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 11 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 12 Wake up...all fodor posters who are so helpful...
- 13 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 14 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 15 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 16 Belgium/Holland OR Paris/Strasbourg/Lucern
- 17 Advises for trip to Russia
- 18 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 19 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 20 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 21 First time traveler to Ireland
- 22 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 23 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 24 Euro Train
- 25 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich