We are a group of 4 friends (all male - married but on a trip without wives and kids!) planning to drive in Croatia from 5th March to 13th March. Here is the planned itinerary:
5th March : 10:00 AM Land into Zagreb. Rest and see around Zagreb
6th March: Day in Zagreb. Evening pick-up the car and drive to Plitvice - stay in the park overnight.
7th March: See Plitvice. Have lunch - leave post lunch for Zadar - reach before sunset (2:30 hrs drive)
8th March: Around Zadar - maybe try to catch a boat day trip to an island. Stay again in Zadar
9th March: Drive to Split via Torgir. Evening and night Split
10th March: Split
11th MArch: Drive to Dubrovnik. Stay Dubrovnik
12th MArch: Dubrovnik
13th March: Fly out of Dubrovnik
Ideas Suggestions welcome.
1. Any must see sights on the way - prefer off-beat nature small hikes/view points
2. Suggestions for hotels (mid to high end). Ideally want to stay in the centre of things, as anyway it is off-season
3. Will most of the cafes/restaurants be open due to season - anything else to look out for?
4. Any off-beat cafes/bars/restaurants in the towns or during the drives
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 2 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 3 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 4 Italy for Christmas Week
- 5 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 6 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 7 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 8 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 9 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 10 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis
- 11 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 12 Easiest London Airport for Transfer To/From Heathrow
- 13 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 14 restaurants in Marais district
- 15 France & Italy, May or June
- 16 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 17 Engadine Valley help
- 18 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 19 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 20 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 21 Honeymoon in Greece
- 22 A Month stay in Southern France
- 23 Shoes in Scotland
- 24 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 25 Enough time to make connection at CDG?