We are a group of 4 friends (all male - married but on a trip without wives and kids!) planning to drive in Croatia from 5th March to 13th March. Here is the planned itinerary:
5th March : 10:00 AM Land into Zagreb. Rest and see around Zagreb
6th March: Day in Zagreb. Evening pick-up the car and drive to Plitvice - stay in the park overnight.
7th March: See Plitvice. Have lunch - leave post lunch for Zadar - reach before sunset (2:30 hrs drive)
8th March: Around Zadar - maybe try to catch a boat day trip to an island. Stay again in Zadar
9th March: Drive to Split via Torgir. Evening and night Split
10th March: Split
11th MArch: Drive to Dubrovnik. Stay Dubrovnik
12th MArch: Dubrovnik
13th March: Fly out of Dubrovnik
Ideas Suggestions welcome.
1. Any must see sights on the way - prefer off-beat nature small hikes/view points
2. Suggestions for hotels (mid to high end). Ideally want to stay in the centre of things, as anyway it is off-season
3. Will most of the cafes/restaurants be open due to season - anything else to look out for?
4. Any off-beat cafes/bars/restaurants in the towns or during the drives
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 2 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 3 Switzerland
- 4 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 5 Visiting Zurich
- 6 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 7 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 8 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 9 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 10 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 11 Paris to Bordeaux
- 12 Iceland 3 day layover
- 13 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 14 Spanish Basque Country Itinerary?
- 15 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 16 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 17 Train travel
- 18 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 19 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 20 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 21 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 22 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 23 DVD burning software
- 24 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 25 Central London indoor swimming locations