I've wanted to visit the Balkan region for what feels like forever.
I've finally convinced hubby for us to take a trip out there, at the end of May.
Hubby and I have different travel styles. I like to be on the go all the time, see everything and mix with the locals. Hubby likes nice resorts, relaxing on the beach and dislikes long journeys between different destinations. Together our travel style is like our marriage, we compromise.
We have 6 days in the Balkans once we land at Dubronvik airport.
I would like to see Mostar, Dubronvik and Monternegro.
Day 1- We land in Dubronvik @10.30. Booked 3 nights at Hotel Perla in Herceg Novi, Montenegro. Close enough to get around the towns in Montenegro by bus and to get back to Dubronvik. Plan is to relax on the beach and explore Herceg Novi Old Town.
Day 2 - Explore the towns around Montenegro by bus- return to Herceg Novi in the evening
Day 3 - Day of leisure around Herceg Novi or exploring more towns around Monternegro.
Day 4 - Heading to Dubrovnik and staying in the Old Town
Day 5 - Heading to Mostar by bus 8am - overnight stay to celebrate hubby's birthday
Day 6 - Afternoon return to Dubronvik. Staying in Old Town.
Day 7 - Afternoon Flight back home from Dubronvik. We have hand luggage only so don't need to be there too early.
Does this ininery sound doable?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 2 Dinge B&B
- 3 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 4 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 5 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 6 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 7 Gluten Free in Italy
- 8 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 9 Transportation for students btw Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Krakow
- 10 Plitvice, Rovinj and ?
- 11 Car rental in Paris
- 12 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 13 Canaries to Turkey in ten countries
- 14 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 15 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 16 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 17 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 18 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 19 Sentimental Journey
- 20 A few last minute questions
- 21 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 22 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 23 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 24 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 25 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro - does this ininery sound ok?