I've been on two very successful trips to Europe thanks to the help of these forums. (Wish I found you years ago!) I'm hoping some of you will be so kind as to critique this itinerary for me.
I'm most fuzzy on the last few days when it comes to the day trip to Morocco--would you stay somewhere close to Tarifa, or in Tarifa, the day of this day trip? Should I rearrange those final days? Any and all ideas are welcome.
Also, we'll be in Madrid during Pentecost Weekend--is this a deal breaker? Will things be shut down?
My husband and I will be traveling together on this trip, just the two of us. We've never been to Spain before. We love good food, relaxing, and nature.
I omitted a trip to Barcelona because I feel we can't spend enough time there to make it worth it on this trip. We'll be in France at some point in the next couple years and can visit then. Is this foolish? Would you add Barcelona?
How's this look? Too fast? Any input on the hotels? Must-sees? Favorites from your own trip?
We typically bring along a list of places we'd like to see, as well as recommendations from the Fodorites, and then we see what we're most in the mood for once we get there. So, what should I add to the list?
Th: Overnight flight. We'll sleep on the plane and show up relatively well-rested.
Day 1 F: Stay Madrid, Hotel Europa
Day 2 S: Stay Madrid
Day 3 Su: Stay Madrid **Pentecost Sunday**
Day 4 M: Stay Seville, Hotel Las Casas de la Judería
Day 5 T: Stay Seville - While in Seville: Day trip to Jerez de la Frontera wineries? Cadiz? Drive through the White Villages
Day 6 W: Stay Seville
Day 7 Th: Stay Seville **Bank Holiday in Gibraltar - don't go there today**
Day 8 F: Stay Tarifa? Go to Gibraltar & Tangier during the day--too much for one day?
Day 9 S: Stay Granada, Hotel Anacapri
Day 10 Su: Stay Granada - Day trip to Sierra Nevada?
Day 11 M: Stay Madrid, no hotel booked yet--suggestions for ease of getting to the airport? Our flight is just before noon, so not too early.
T: Home to Chicago
Thanks so much, everyone! I really appreciate your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 2 Lyon
- 3 Self drive tour companies
- 4 Italian lakes
- 5 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 6 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 7 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 8 What do after Bernia Express?
- 9 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 10 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 11 France, UK and Ireland
- 12 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 13 French theater in Paris
- 14 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 15 Best way to learn a foreign language?
- 16 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 17 Germany family road trip help!
- 18 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 19 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 20 Barcelona
- 21 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 22 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 23 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 24 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 25 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!