We have narrowed our choices down for our 18 day family summer vacation to Crete, Sicily or Sardinia and we need your advice on which destination you would all recommend. We will be travelling with our two sons, ages 18 and 17.
We will include a secondary destination with all three, namely 4/5 days in Rhodes if we choose Crete, 4/5 days in Corsica if we choose Sardinia and 3/4 days in the Aeolian Islands, if we choose Sicily.
All three look so wonderful. They each have their own unique character and beauty and although they are all large Mediterranean islands, they are very different in many ways. Like many people who travel to Southern Europe, we enjoy medieval towns, nice beaches, historical sites and feeling like we are immersed in the native culture. We will be coming up with our own itinerary and rent a car for all three destinations and we want to have a good mix of sightseeing and relaxation.
All of your advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 France, UK and Ireland
- 3 http://healthyclubpro.com/max-grow-xtreme/
- 4 http://healthpurelives.com/max-grow-xtreme/
- 5 Italy and Croatia in 20 days - I need a rough itinerary please
- 6 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 7 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 8 Info request: Road Trip Naples to Bari-Part 2
- 9 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 10 Ischia
- 11 What do after Bernia Express?
- 12 Germany family road trip help!
- 13 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 14 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 15 Rouen Tour Companies
- 16 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 17 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 18 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 19 First time in London
- 20 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 21 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 22 Self drive tour companies
- 23 scotland
- 24 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 25 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy