We have narrowed our choices down for our 18 day family summer vacation to Crete, Sicily or Sardinia and we need your advice on which destination you would all recommend. We will be travelling with our two sons, ages 18 and 17.
We will include a secondary destination with all three, namely 4/5 days in Rhodes if we choose Crete, 4/5 days in Corsica if we choose Sardinia and 3/4 days in the Aeolian Islands, if we choose Sicily.
All three look so wonderful. They each have their own unique character and beauty and although they are all large Mediterranean islands, they are very different in many ways. Like many people who travel to Southern Europe, we enjoy medieval towns, nice beaches, historical sites and feeling like we are immersed in the native culture. We will be coming up with our own itinerary and rent a car for all three destinations and we want to have a good mix of sightseeing and relaxation.
All of your advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 2 seat reservations
- 3 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 4 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 5 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 6 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 7 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 8 Italy in a week
- 9 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 10 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 11 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 12 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 13 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 14 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 15 Valencia Spain
- 16 Germany-Car or Train
- 17 Night Bus?
- 18 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 19 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 20 Andalucia Spain
- 21 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 22 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 23 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 24 Short time in Vienna
- 25 Jewish Vienna