We have narrowed our choices down for our 18 day family summer vacation to Crete, Sicily or Sardinia and we need your advice on which destination you would all recommend. We will be travelling with our two sons, ages 18 and 17.
We will include a secondary destination with all three, namely 4/5 days in Rhodes if we choose Crete, 4/5 days in Corsica if we choose Sardinia and 3/4 days in the Aeolian Islands, if we choose Sicily.
All three look so wonderful. They each have their own unique character and beauty and although they are all large Mediterranean islands, they are very different in many ways. Like many people who travel to Southern Europe, we enjoy medieval towns, nice beaches, historical sites and feeling like we are immersed in the native culture. We will be coming up with our own itinerary and rent a car for all three destinations and we want to have a good mix of sightseeing and relaxation.
All of your advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 2 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 3 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 4 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 5 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 6 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 7 House Hunting in France
- 8 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 9 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 10 Sicily
- 11 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 12 Rota Vicentina hike report October 2014
- 13 Hotel in Vienna
- 14 If you had to choose one......
- 15 Car rental from Barcelona
- 16 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 17 Itinerary Tweaking
- 18 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 19 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 20 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 21 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 22 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 23 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 24 Ireland in April
- 25 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread