We have narrowed our choices down for our 18 day family summer vacation to Crete, Sicily or Sardinia and we need your advice on which destination you would all recommend. We will be travelling with our two sons, ages 18 and 17.
We will include a secondary destination with all three, namely 4/5 days in Rhodes if we choose Crete, 4/5 days in Corsica if we choose Sardinia and 3/4 days in the Aeolian Islands, if we choose Sicily.
All three look so wonderful. They each have their own unique character and beauty and although they are all large Mediterranean islands, they are very different in many ways. Like many people who travel to Southern Europe, we enjoy medieval towns, nice beaches, historical sites and feeling like we are immersed in the native culture. We will be coming up with our own itinerary and rent a car for all three destinations and we want to have a good mix of sightseeing and relaxation.
All of your advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Back from Paris
- 2 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 3 바다이야기릴 ◐ 도메인 :≫vtk15.com≪
- 4 My릴게임야마토 ▼ 접속 :≫vtk15.com≪ Topic Title
- 5 야마토전함 ※연결 :≫vtk15.com≪
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 10 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 11 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 12 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 13 Trip suggestion
- 14 Spain in July
- 15 Summer Travel order
- 16 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 17 LIsbon
- 18 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 19 Corfu
- 20 Chios and Mesta Chios
- 21 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 22 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 23 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 24 International Flight Question
- 25 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days