We have narrowed our choices down for our 18 day family summer vacation to Crete, Sicily or Sardinia and we need your advice on which destination you would all recommend. We will be travelling with our two sons, ages 18 and 17.
We will include a secondary destination with all three, namely 4/5 days in Rhodes if we choose Crete, 4/5 days in Corsica if we choose Sardinia and 3/4 days in the Aeolian Islands, if we choose Sicily.
All three look so wonderful. They each have their own unique character and beauty and although they are all large Mediterranean islands, they are very different in many ways. Like many people who travel to Southern Europe, we enjoy medieval towns, nice beaches, historical sites and feeling like we are immersed in the native culture. We will be coming up with our own itinerary and rent a car for all three destinations and we want to have a good mix of sightseeing and relaxation.
All of your advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Önline ☎ VERIZON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:855:999 :8045 MAIL 24*7 D*J
- 2 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 3 Scotland - We're Here!
- 4 Train / Calabria
- 5 Game of Thrones Tour in N. Ireland
- 6 16 days in France and Italy
- 7 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 8 TIM in FCO - update
- 9 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 10 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 11 Short Trip to Usak, (Eastern Aegean Turkey)
- 12 Itinery help Crete
- 13 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 14 Lisbon - a few tips
- 15 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 16 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 17 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 18 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 19 Avoid Europcar!
- 20 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 21 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 22 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 23 European Vacation 2017
- 24 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 25 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria