My husband and I will be in Crete for about 5 days in mid-September. Here is our general time frame and activities. We need help with drive time reality, places to stop/stay/sleep, etc. THis is the beginning stages of planning Crete, so there are a lot of holes. Thanks for all of your input and advice.
Friday Sept 20: Arrive Heraklion via ferry from Santorini around 8pm, stay in Heraklion
Sat Sept 21: plan to see Knossos and Archaeological museum (is the museum fully open? I heard it was closed for a while) Either stay another night in Heraklion or start driving west.
The rest is still in the works. We would love to see Elafonisi beach, and need to stay the night in Hania on Mon Sept 23. We leave Hania to Athens on Wed Sept 24 on an overnight ferry.
My main question is the drive from Heraklion to Elafonisi. Should we stop and stay the night somewhere in between or go straight. Either way, we would like to spend a night near Elafonisi.
Crete Road Trip: 5 days
- 1 Travel by train or bus
- 2 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 3 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 4 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 5 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 6 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 7 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 8 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 9 Medieval Tallinn
- 10 To Paris and Provence in June
- 11 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 12 London for Christmas
- 13 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 14 Advises for trip to Russia
- 15 Family European winter holiday
- 16 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 17 lockers in London's Victoria Station
- 18 6 hours in London; lockers at Heathrow
- 19 Luggage lockers at London train station?
- 20 London - Luggage Couriers from Heathrow?
- 21 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 22 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 23 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 24 Euro Train
- 25 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice