My husband and I will be in Crete for about 5 days in mid-September. Here is our general time frame and activities. We need help with drive time reality, places to stop/stay/sleep, etc. THis is the beginning stages of planning Crete, so there are a lot of holes. Thanks for all of your input and advice.
Friday Sept 20: Arrive Heraklion via ferry from Santorini around 8pm, stay in Heraklion
Sat Sept 21: plan to see Knossos and Archaeological museum (is the museum fully open? I heard it was closed for a while) Either stay another night in Heraklion or start driving west.
The rest is still in the works. We would love to see Elafonisi beach, and need to stay the night in Hania on Mon Sept 23. We leave Hania to Athens on Wed Sept 24 on an overnight ferry.
My main question is the drive from Heraklion to Elafonisi. Should we stop and stay the night somewhere in between or go straight. Either way, we would like to spend a night near Elafonisi.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tuscany: Which town(s) to stay in if main priorities are wine & food?
- 2 Nuremberg daytrip..train or car ?
- 3 Shopping Paris for Teenage Girl
- 4 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 5 Venice to Frankfort - via Switzerland?
- 6 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 7 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 8 Sardinia, Italy
- 9 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 10 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 11 Italy Countryside Itinerary help
- 12 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 13 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 14 Lisbon Airport - A Huge Mess
- 15 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 16 Easiest way to send photo eq. to the hotel
- 17 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 18 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 19 Tipping for private van/bus driver in Ireland?
- 20 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 21 honeymoon in november
- 22 Amsterdam in August
- 23 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 24 Train from Rome to Naples
- 25 Shuttle From Avignon TGV to Avignon Centre