My husband and I will be in Crete for about 5 days in mid-September. Here is our general time frame and activities. We need help with drive time reality, places to stop/stay/sleep, etc. THis is the beginning stages of planning Crete, so there are a lot of holes. Thanks for all of your input and advice.
Friday Sept 20: Arrive Heraklion via ferry from Santorini around 8pm, stay in Heraklion
Sat Sept 21: plan to see Knossos and Archaeological museum (is the museum fully open? I heard it was closed for a while) Either stay another night in Heraklion or start driving west.
The rest is still in the works. We would love to see Elafonisi beach, and need to stay the night in Hania on Mon Sept 23. We leave Hania to Athens on Wed Sept 24 on an overnight ferry.
My main question is the drive from Heraklion to Elafonisi. Should we stop and stay the night somewhere in between or go straight. Either way, we would like to spend a night near Elafonisi.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks Europe trip
- 2 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 3 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 4 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 5 Need Information about French Alps
- 6 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 7 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 8 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 9 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 10 Uffizi Phone Number
- 11 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 12 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 13 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 14 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 15 Gites in Provence
- 16 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 17 Flight CANCELLED by British Airways without notice or refund
- 18 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 19 4 days in Provence in early June
- 20 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 21 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 22 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 23 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 24 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 25 Opinion on sights in Florence