I've read somewhere that credit cards issued in Europe now contain a chip that US credit cards don't, and therefore US-issued credit cards are not recognized when they are scanned in Europe. This seems improbable, but would somebody please clear this up for me?
Credit cards in Europe
- 1 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 2 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 3 Rhine River Intinerary
- 4 Travel to Italy prior to study abroad in Spain, Study Visa
- 5 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 6 portugal
- 7 6 Weeks Traveling Around: Italy, Austria, Budapest, Paris
- 8 Credit card CHIP in Europe
- 9 Can I Get a US Credit Card with a Chip like They Use in Europe?
- 10 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 11 Rough Itinerary for Scotland, please more help
- 12 Help with Sept. itinerary going north from Dublin
- 13 How to get from Nice to Cinque Terre by train
- 14 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 15 Italy-Locarno or Stresa
- 16 London on a sunny day
- 17 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 18 Train tickets
- 19 Sardinia, Italy
- 20 Odessa--7 km bazaar
- 21 Anyone heard of or used a hotel booking site called Olotels?
- 22 Carpe Diem Flights Booked! Need help w final itinerary France/Switzerland
- 23 Navigo Decouverte
- 24 Student Traveling 2 weeks in France, Italy etc
- 25 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges