I've read somewhere that credit cards issued in Europe now contain a chip that US credit cards don't, and therefore US-issued credit cards are not recognized when they are scanned in Europe. This seems improbable, but would somebody please clear this up for me?
Credit cards in Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France, Italy, Ireland ?
- 2 Floating the Gorge!!!
- 3 Greek Island honeymoon
- 4 Need help with Normandy & Loire Valley itinerary + extra days
- 5 Barcelona and Road Trip to Southern France
- 6 Please review ireland golf and sight seeing trip for beginning of May
- 7 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 8 Garmisch
- 9 Recommendation for one day trip from Cortona for first timers
- 10 Base for walking in Ireland.
- 11 Portugal with children
- 12 Help with driving suggestions in Delphi.
- 13 French Etiquette! "Bonjour Madame or Bonjour Monsieur!
- 14 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 15 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 16 Where to stay in Paris - first time young, solo female
- 17 London & Area Itinerary Help
- 18 Euro quiz # 89 - Potpourri
- 19 An Apartment in Montmartre (for a month)
- 20 drive how far from GLA first day?
- 21 Phone options - Sweden, Norway, Iceland
- 22 Help on Norway please - too much to cover too little time.
- 23 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 24 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 25 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...