I've read somewhere that credit cards issued in Europe now contain a chip that US credit cards don't, and therefore US-issued credit cards are not recognized when they are scanned in Europe. This seems improbable, but would somebody please clear this up for me?
Credit cards in Europe
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 2 A full week in The Netherlands
- 3 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 4 To Paris and Provence in June
- 5 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 6 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 7 Apartments in Rome
- 8 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 9 Prague - must see
- 10 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 11 jewlery or no jewlery?
- 12 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 13 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 14 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 15 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 16 London for Christmas
- 17 " Egyptian German friendship Home"FREE for all German people in Germany
- 18 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 19 7 days in Andalucia
- 20 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 21 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 22 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 23 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 24 rent car / Munich
- 25 Unique excursion/experience in Paris