I've read somewhere that credit cards issued in Europe now contain a chip that US credit cards don't, and therefore US-issued credit cards are not recognized when they are scanned in Europe. This seems improbable, but would somebody please clear this up for me?
Credit cards in Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 2 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 3 SIM card for eastern europe
- 4 Foie gras, redux
- 5 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 6 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 7 Southern France
- 8 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 9 Advance Tickest from Piraeus to Islands?
- 10 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 11 italy
- 12 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 13 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 14 London in 3 days! Help with lodging, please!
- 15 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 16 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 17 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 18 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 19 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 20 What to wear
- 21 What still confounds you about travel?
- 22 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 23 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 24 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 25 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!