I've read somewhere that credit cards issued in Europe now contain a chip that US credit cards don't, and therefore US-issued credit cards are not recognized when they are scanned in Europe. This seems improbable, but would somebody please clear this up for me?
Credit cards in Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 2 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 3 Day trip from London to Paris
- 4 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 5 Mont St Michel
- 6 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 7 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 8 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 9 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 10 nearby cities to london
- 11 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 12 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 13 Ancient Corinth info needed.
- 14 Tickets to Sagrada Familia
- 15 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 16 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 17 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 18 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 19 Porto -City Break
- 20 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 21 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 22 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 23 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 24 Street food in Turkey
- 25 Three days in Spain