I've read somewhere that credit cards issued in Europe now contain a chip that US credit cards don't, and therefore US-issued credit cards are not recognized when they are scanned in Europe. This seems improbable, but would somebody please clear this up for me?
Credit cards in Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 2 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 3 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 4 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 5 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 6 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 7 Air pollution in Paris
- 8 French open
- 9 tulips in the Netherland
- 10 Trains in Italy
- 11 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 12 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 13 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 14 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 15 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 16 England and Scotland
- 17 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 18 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 19 Azores
- 20 Azores
- 21 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 22 Dublin to Armagh?
- 23 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 24 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 25 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?