I've read somewhere that credit cards issued in Europe now contain a chip that US credit cards don't, and therefore US-issued credit cards are not recognized when they are scanned in Europe. This seems improbable, but would somebody please clear this up for me?
Credit cards in Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 2 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 3 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 4 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 5 Tivoli Gardens - any special place for birthday dinner
- 6 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 7 What to wear
- 8 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 9 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 10 Paris November 2014
- 11 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 12 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 13 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 14 Traveling in France by train
- 15 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 16 Arc de Triumph Question
- 17 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 18 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 19 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 20 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 21 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 22 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 23 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 24 Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)
- 25 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?