I've read somewhere that credit cards issued in Europe now contain a chip that US credit cards don't, and therefore US-issued credit cards are not recognized when they are scanned in Europe. This seems improbable, but would somebody please clear this up for me?
Credit cards in Europe
View all Europe activity »
- 1 To Paris and Provence in June
- 2 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 3 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 4 Novels set in Greece
- 5 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 6 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 7 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 8 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 9 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 10 Planning a holiday
- 11 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 12 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 13 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 14 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 15 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 16 15 days in Europe,
- 17 Medieval Tallinn
- 18 Euro Train
- 19 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 20 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 21 Need help planning a trip for 2 18 year old girls
- 22 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 23 Milan to Venice on Trenitalia for as little as 9 Euros
- 24 Spain - Andalucia
- 25 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan