I've read somewhere that credit cards issued in Europe now contain a chip that US credit cards don't, and therefore US-issued credit cards are not recognized when they are scanned in Europe. This seems improbable, but would somebody please clear this up for me?
Credit cards in Europe
- 1 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 2 London at Xmas
- 3 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 4 Buying tickets for London shows from online sites
- 5 any recommended guides for Krakow area?
- 6 UK Trip Report So Far....
- 7 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 8 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 9 Mature and Reliable nanny,housekeeper drivers and privatenurse needed in UK
- 10 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 11 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 12 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 13 Backpacking through Europe
- 14 Emergency apartment/hotel - Frankfurt -Dornstetten-Hallwangen area
- 15 Sardinia and Berlin Itinerary
- 16 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 17 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 18 Villa or Hilltop Town?
- 19 Nuremberg VGN Tageskarten Plus
- 20 Easyjet has changed the rules re size of carry-on baggage
- 21 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 22 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 23 ferry to Harwich
- 24 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 25 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG