Two years ago in Scandinavia we had some minor inconveniences because our credit card did not have a "chip" in it. Some ticket vending machines didn't work and many times our a hotel clerk had to enter the credit number manually. We're going to Great Britain, The Netherlands and Belgium soon. Do these places use the cards with chips?
Credit card with microchip needed?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Deciding on apartment location in Rome
- 2 Too many Trip Reports
- 3 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 4 Hotels that we found special
- 5 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 6 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 7 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 8 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 9 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 10 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 11 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 12 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 13 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 14 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 15 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 16 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 17 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 18 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 19 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 20 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 21 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 22 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 23 Help with England/Wales tour
- 24 Reykjavik hotels
- 25 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?