Two years ago in Scandinavia we had some minor inconveniences because our credit card did not have a "chip" in it. Some ticket vending machines didn't work and many times our a hotel clerk had to enter the credit number manually. We're going to Great Britain, The Netherlands and Belgium soon. Do these places use the cards with chips?
Credit card with microchip needed?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 2 Dresden or Leipzig
- 3 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 4 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 5 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 6 Eiffel tower tickets
- 7 4-6 weeks
- 8 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 9 Help With Vienna
- 10 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 11 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 12 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 13 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 14 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 15 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 16 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 17 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 18 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 19 Venice Banning Fodors
- 20 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 21 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 22 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 23 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 24 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 25 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?