Two years ago in Scandinavia we had some minor inconveniences because our credit card did not have a "chip" in it. Some ticket vending machines didn't work and many times our a hotel clerk had to enter the credit number manually. We're going to Great Britain, The Netherlands and Belgium soon. Do these places use the cards with chips?
Credit card with microchip needed?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I really want to stay in a hill top city?
- 2 Venice Airport: How Long to Get Through Passport Clearance
- 3 Vienna and side trips
- 4 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 5 Weekend Driving in Rome
- 6 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 7 Transfer at Paris (CDG) from terminal 2E and 2D by foot is possible?
- 8 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 9 Euro Travel Quiz #40 - Potpourri
- 10 London, Edinburgh, and Paris Itinerary
- 11 Malpensa to Milano/Porto Garibaldi o Centrale Question...
- 12 Emilia Romagna Region
- 13 Revised Itinerary with 2 kids
- 14 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 15 Scottland for a day!
- 16 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland
- 17 Swiss Pass or Eurail Pass worth it for multi-country trip?
- 18 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 19 Portofino or Portovenere?
- 20 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 21 Provence planning
- 22 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 23 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 24 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 25 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May