We will be in Prague for 3 days in October.It is increasingly our habit to use our credit cards for everything but the smallest purchases (racking up those points you know!) We've done this at home in Canada as well as in the States and in France. But not having visited the Czech Republic before, don't know if that's feasible. Should we be getting a bunch of Czech cash before arriving in Prague (at the train station?) Or just a little?
I've also heard about troubles with taxis in Prague. Any advice there? I don't want to be hauling luggage on public transit especially when we don't have the language!
Thanks for your anticipated wisdom,
Credit Card or Cash in Prague?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 2 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 3 A week in Wengen hiking the Bernese Oberland
- 4 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 5 one-month itinerary -- what am I missing?
- 6 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 7 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 8 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 9 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 10 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 11 michele_d or other visa-free ferry experts
- 12 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 13 Provence or Provence and Dorgogna
- 14 Itinerary help
- 15 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 16 Things to do in/around Milan
- 17 Grindelwald vs Lauterbrunnen vs Wengen on November
- 18 South of Switzerland
- 19 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 20 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 21 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 22 Spanish Music
- 23 Now for the Venice hotel
- 24 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 25 Itinerary for Spain