I booked only 2 hotels, 1 in Rome and 1 in Athens. Shortly after my credit card number was used to try and book a flight to Australia, declined through Expedia and booked a day later through an airline and ultimately charge was reversed as it was deemed fraudulent. Has any other person had the same experience with a card number theft? I have a new card now and am fearful to give the 2 hotels the new number in case it is stolen once again leaving me without a card for a period of time. If I had the luxury of more than 1 card I would give each hotel a different card. Do hotels in Europe accept prepaid Visa cards for booking and holding a room? Can I refuse to give the 3 digit pin on my credit card to the hotel while it is only holding my reservation? I do not want to jeopardize my reservations. What are some of the ways others use to hold reservations that might be beneficial for me? Any help is welcome as I am a first time traveler.
Credit Card Number stolen from hotel booking
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 2 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 3 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 4 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 5 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 6 France, Italy and Greec
- 7 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 8 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 9 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 10 Air pollution in Paris
- 11 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 12 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 13 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 14 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 15 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 16 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 17 Naxos in May
- 18 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 19 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 20 Belfast to Scotland help
- 21 20 days in Germany
- 22 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 23 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 24 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 25 Portugal Alentejo's cante