I booked only 2 hotels, 1 in Rome and 1 in Athens. Shortly after my credit card number was used to try and book a flight to Australia, declined through Expedia and booked a day later through an airline and ultimately charge was reversed as it was deemed fraudulent. Has any other person had the same experience with a card number theft? I have a new card now and am fearful to give the 2 hotels the new number in case it is stolen once again leaving me without a card for a period of time. If I had the luxury of more than 1 card I would give each hotel a different card. Do hotels in Europe accept prepaid Visa cards for booking and holding a room? Can I refuse to give the 3 digit pin on my credit card to the hotel while it is only holding my reservation? I do not want to jeopardize my reservations. What are some of the ways others use to hold reservations that might be beneficial for me? Any help is welcome as I am a first time traveler.
Credit Card Number stolen from hotel booking
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Museums in Berlin
- 2 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 3 Italy trip questions
- 4 Best car/shuttle service from Paris to CDG
- 5 Budget family trip to Europe
- 6 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 7 Anyone trying to get out of the French Alps?
- 8 Pyrenees logistics
- 9 Berlin
- 10 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 11 Suggestions for European Holiday with Young Children
- 12 caroline_venezia
- 13 Taormina to Palermo
- 14 2 Weeks in Germany in December
- 15 Two Weeks in Italy: Umbria, Tuscany, Piedmont Itinerary Help
- 16 Storytellers in Iceland
- 17 Stay in Chablis or Auxerre?
- 18 1st time in Paris - apartment advice
- 19 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 20 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 21 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 22 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 23 history museums or locations
- 24 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 25 Affordable language lessons/homestays in France?