I booked only 2 hotels, 1 in Rome and 1 in Athens. Shortly after my credit card number was used to try and book a flight to Australia, declined through Expedia and booked a day later through an airline and ultimately charge was reversed as it was deemed fraudulent. Has any other person had the same experience with a card number theft? I have a new card now and am fearful to give the 2 hotels the new number in case it is stolen once again leaving me without a card for a period of time. If I had the luxury of more than 1 card I would give each hotel a different card. Do hotels in Europe accept prepaid Visa cards for booking and holding a room? Can I refuse to give the 3 digit pin on my credit card to the hotel while it is only holding my reservation? I do not want to jeopardize my reservations. What are some of the ways others use to hold reservations that might be beneficial for me? Any help is welcome as I am a first time traveler.
Credit Card Number stolen from hotel booking
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One week in Venice - trips
- 2 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 3 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 4 Scotland
- 5 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 6 9 days in turkey
- 7 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 8 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 9 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 10 Itinerary Help!
- 11 UK for 12 days !
- 12 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 13 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 14 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 15 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 16 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 17 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 18 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 19 tour guides in rome
- 20 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 21 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 22 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 23 Day trip on the Rhine
- 24 poland to switzerland
- 25 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside