My family of four are moving to Ireland for three months and need to get a rental car. What's really confusing us is that we're told that your credit card should say World on it in order to obtain car rental insurance in Ireland. As anyone else heard this? Any advice on this matter?
We discovered that our credit cards have a foreign transaction fee of 3%, so we have to find new credit cards anyway that don't have an FTF—in case someone wants to recommend a card.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 2 Does anyone know first hand of a private driver in Rome
- 3 comment on my croatia itinerary please!
- 4 Can you comment on my itinerary?
- 5 Provence and/or Sicily in June?
- 6 RHK's Fall escape
- 7 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?
- 8 Anyone visiting Ireland
- 9 Help wanted! Ideas for Europe by wheelchair (or boat!)
- 10 Rental car, Germany to Czech Republic
- 11 Need help in travel planning
- 12 Loire Valley itinerary
- 13 France: Montpellier, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Loire, Paris
- 14 Scotland 1-week itinerary: Edinburgh + Highlands
- 15 Help plan the route/transport options around Spain
- 16 Driving in Austria, Switzerland and Italy - vignette and toll questions
- 17 Buying tablecloth in Paris for wedding gift?
- 18 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 19 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 20 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 21 Oops - too many yes it is me me me
- 22 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 23 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 24 A week driving in Bavaria
- 25 9 Days in Portugal!