My family of four are moving to Ireland for three months and need to get a rental car. What's really confusing us is that we're told that your credit card should say World on it in order to obtain car rental insurance in Ireland. As anyone else heard this? Any advice on this matter?
We discovered that our credit cards have a foreign transaction fee of 3%, so we have to find new credit cards anyway that don't have an FTF—in case someone wants to recommend a card.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best testosterone booster
- 2 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 5 Scenic full day drive from Bacharach & return?
- 6 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 7 Getting from Gare de L'Est to Gare de Lyon
- 8 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 9 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 10 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 11 Le Marche, Italy
- 12 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 13 Ballet Bolshoi
- 14 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 15 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 16 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"
- 17 Itinerary Help - 5 weeks Spain and Portugal Cities
- 18 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 19 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 20 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 21 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 22 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 23 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 24 Trains France/Switzerland
- 25 fear of driving in rome!