My family of four are moving to Ireland for three months and need to get a rental car. What's really confusing us is that we're told that your credit card should say World on it in order to obtain car rental insurance in Ireland. As anyone else heard this? Any advice on this matter?
We discovered that our credit cards have a foreign transaction fee of 3%, so we have to find new credit cards anyway that don't have an FTF—in case someone wants to recommend a card.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurants in Spain
- 2 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 3 credit and debit cards
- 4 Transportation Question Italy
- 5 Help with basic itinerary
- 6 Short Trip to Paris
- 7 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 8 Greece and Italy Combo
- 9 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 10 Final Four
- 11 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 12 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 13 Where are the Mods?
- 14 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 15 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 16 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 17 Visit to Engand
- 18 Cinqueterre
- 19 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 20 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 21 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 22 Sweden Midsummers Day
- 23 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 24 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 25 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!