My family of four are moving to Ireland for three months and need to get a rental car. What's really confusing us is that we're told that your credit card should say World on it in order to obtain car rental insurance in Ireland. As anyone else heard this? Any advice on this matter?
We discovered that our credit cards have a foreign transaction fee of 3%, so we have to find new credit cards anyway that don't have an FTF—in case someone wants to recommend a card.
Thanks in advance!
Credit card for car rental insurance in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train pass for travel in Italy, France, and Netherlands??
- 2 Thello Train Ticket - Oct 11 - Paris to Venice - "temporarily closed"
- 3 How to make this adventure work?
- 4 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 5 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 6 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 7 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 8 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 9 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 10 I went to Paris in June
- 11 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 12 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 13 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 14 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 15 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 16 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 17 where to stay in Germany
- 18 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 19 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 20 Stay away from EF Tours
- 21 Theater in London
- 22 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 23 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 24 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 25 Help w/ rental car arrangements-Pickup in Lisbon, Portugal-Drop in Seville?