My family of four are moving to Ireland for three months and need to get a rental car. What's really confusing us is that we're told that your credit card should say World on it in order to obtain car rental insurance in Ireland. As anyone else heard this? Any advice on this matter?
We discovered that our credit cards have a foreign transaction fee of 3%, so we have to find new credit cards anyway that don't have an FTF—in case someone wants to recommend a card.
Thanks in advance!
Credit card for car rental insurance in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 2 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 3 Scotland
- 4 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 5 One week in Venice - trips
- 6 9 days in turkey
- 7 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 8 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 9 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 10 Itinerary Help!
- 11 UK for 12 days !
- 12 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 13 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 14 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 15 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 16 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 17 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 18 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 19 tour guides in rome
- 20 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 21 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 22 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 23 Day trip on the Rhine
- 24 poland to switzerland
- 25 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside