My family of four are moving to Ireland for three months and need to get a rental car. What's really confusing us is that we're told that your credit card should say World on it in order to obtain car rental insurance in Ireland. As anyone else heard this? Any advice on this matter?
We discovered that our credit cards have a foreign transaction fee of 3%, so we have to find new credit cards anyway that don't have an FTF—in case someone wants to recommend a card.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia in December
- 2 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 3 Budapest Hotels
- 4 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 5 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 6 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 7 Apartment Review - Amsterdam
- 8 First trip to Italy
- 9 Ireland & Scotland
- 10 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 11 London's Must Sights!
- 12 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 13 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 14 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 15 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 16 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 17 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 18 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 19 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 20 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 21 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 22 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 23 4 days in switzerland
- 24 Vienna or Budapest?
- 25 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford