My family of four are moving to Ireland for three months and need to get a rental car. What's really confusing us is that we're told that your credit card should say World on it in order to obtain car rental insurance in Ireland. As anyone else heard this? Any advice on this matter?
We discovered that our credit cards have a foreign transaction fee of 3%, so we have to find new credit cards anyway that don't have an FTF—in case someone wants to recommend a card.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 2 Ireland travel passport question
- 3 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 4 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 5 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 6 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 7 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 8 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 9 Italy
- 10 Revised itinerary for italy
- 11 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 12 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 13 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 14 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 15 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 16 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 17 Juangfrau / mt
- 18 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 19 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 20 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Switzerland
- 24 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 25 Questions about Polish sights