My family of four are moving to Ireland for three months and need to get a rental car. What's really confusing us is that we're told that your credit card should say World on it in order to obtain car rental insurance in Ireland. As anyone else heard this? Any advice on this matter?
We discovered that our credit cards have a foreign transaction fee of 3%, so we have to find new credit cards anyway that don't have an FTF—in case someone wants to recommend a card.
Thanks in advance!
Credit card for car rental insurance in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My Favorite Farmhouse Vacation
- 2 divento.com
- 3 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 4 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 5 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 6 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 7 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 8 Piran to Venice via ferry
- 9 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 10 Birthday trip for Mom in May 2015
- 11 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 12 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 13 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 14 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 15 One week in Bavaria, Salzburg and Prague
- 16 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 17 Airbnb scam
- 18 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 19 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 20 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 21 Tipping in the UK
- 22 Central Europe itinerary
- 23 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 24 floods in Andalucia
- 25 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years