My family of four are moving to Ireland for three months and need to get a rental car. What's really confusing us is that we're told that your credit card should say World on it in order to obtain car rental insurance in Ireland. As anyone else heard this? Any advice on this matter?
We discovered that our credit cards have a foreign transaction fee of 3%, so we have to find new credit cards anyway that don't have an FTF—in case someone wants to recommend a card.
Thanks in advance!
Credit card for car rental insurance in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 2 What still confounds you about travel?
- 3 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 4 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 5 Pronunciation
- 6 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 7 Monet in Normandy
- 8 Dublin Tour Companies
- 9 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 10 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 11 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 12 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 13 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 14 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 15 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 16 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 17 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 18 Stay near Paris
- 19 direct train from Lyon to Nice France?
- 20 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 21 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 22 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 23 What to wear
- 24 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 25 Italy Itinerary - Draft