I am going on a trip to Spain and have booked all hotels last week (all hotels were guaranteed by credit card, but there won't be any charges until I am on location). A few days later, I hastily agreed to a credit card upgrade (to a much better one), but I am now worrying about the possibility of all of my existing hotel reservations being interrupted, since the old credit card is no longer valid. Should I get in touch with my hotels once I receive the new card or is this no biggie? The thing about getting in touch with overseas hotels, sometimes nuances might get "lost in translation", e.g. they might inadvertently duplicate the reservations, etc.
My financial institution is assuring me there will be no interruptions, but, knowing humanity's tendency to err, I would like to get some feedback elsewhere. I tried looking for some info here, but it is both scant and dated. What do you folks think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CDG airport and connection time
- 2 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 3 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 4 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 5 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 6 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 7 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 8 Travelogue: Sweden with kids
- 9 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 10 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 11 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 12 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 13 Dash to Sicily January Advice hel....
- 14 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 15 Switzerland
- 16 If you had to choose one......
- 17 Where to buy Saffron?
- 18 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 19 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 20 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 21 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 22 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 23 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 24 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 25 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands