I am going on a trip to Spain and have booked all hotels last week (all hotels were guaranteed by credit card, but there won't be any charges until I am on location). A few days later, I hastily agreed to a credit card upgrade (to a much better one), but I am now worrying about the possibility of all of my existing hotel reservations being interrupted, since the old credit card is no longer valid. Should I get in touch with my hotels once I receive the new card or is this no biggie? The thing about getting in touch with overseas hotels, sometimes nuances might get "lost in translation", e.g. they might inadvertently duplicate the reservations, etc.
My financial institution is assuring me there will be no interruptions, but, knowing humanity's tendency to err, I would like to get some feedback elsewhere. I tried looking for some info here, but it is both scant and dated. What do you folks think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 2 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 5 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 6 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 7 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 8 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 9 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 10 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 11 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 12 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 13 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 14 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 15 Valencia Spain
- 16 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 17 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 18 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 19 Visiting Zurich
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 21 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 22 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 23 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 24 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 25 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?