We just returned from a wonderful trip to Romania and I will post more details soon. One tip on finances. There are ATMs everywhere in the cities we visited, Sighet, Baia Mare, Brasov, and Sibiu, which took our US cards with 4-digit PIN numbers with no problem.. Many restaurants, hotels and shops took credit cards, though small shops and museums did not. However, We found that some restaurants and shops that said they take credit cards actually could only accept debit cards. If you can't supply a PIN number, they could not accept the card. So it's safest to have enough cash with you too.
Credit and debit cards in Romania
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 2 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 3 2 Week European Itinerary
- 4 Chambermaid tipping
- 5 TGV and Provence questions
- 6 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 7 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 8 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 9 Channel Islands
- 10 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 11 Dresden Train Station
- 12 London for Christmas
- 13 Family European winter holiday
- 14 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 15 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 16 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 17 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 18 Rome Accommodation
- 19 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 20 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 21 To Paris and Provence in June
- 22 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 23 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 24 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 25 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?