We just returned from a wonderful trip to Romania and I will post more details soon. One tip on finances. There are ATMs everywhere in the cities we visited, Sighet, Baia Mare, Brasov, and Sibiu, which took our US cards with 4-digit PIN numbers with no problem.. Many restaurants, hotels and shops took credit cards, though small shops and museums did not. However, We found that some restaurants and shops that said they take credit cards actually could only accept debit cards. If you can't supply a PIN number, they could not accept the card. So it's safest to have enough cash with you too.
Credit and debit cards in Romania
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy
- 2 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 3 Ideal first time trip to Germany-8-10 days --suggestions
- 4 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 5 Stansted Express Tickets - Advance Purchase
- 6 From Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport to 8, Champs Elysees, Paris
- 7 Hey Fodor's
- 8 England, Scotland , Belguim
- 9 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 10 Base in Puglia: Ostuni or Locorotondo
- 11 Apartment rental in Barcelona
- 12 Norway Cruise or Another Destination???
- 13 France in December 2014
- 14 Hurtigruten Rip-Off
- 15 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 16 Apartment rental agencies in Barcelona
- 17 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 18 BUDAPEST Accommodations[2weeks]
- 19 Transport Advice - Heathrow to Kings Cross St/Clink78
- 20 We have no idea where to go!
- 21 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 22 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 23 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 24 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 25 Last night in Italy advice