We just returned from a wonderful trip to Romania and I will post more details soon. One tip on finances. There are ATMs everywhere in the cities we visited, Sighet, Baia Mare, Brasov, and Sibiu, which took our US cards with 4-digit PIN numbers with no problem.. Many restaurants, hotels and shops took credit cards, though small shops and museums did not. However, We found that some restaurants and shops that said they take credit cards actually could only accept debit cards. If you can't supply a PIN number, they could not accept the card. So it's safest to have enough cash with you too.
Credit and debit cards in Romania
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Monet in Normandy
- 2 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 3 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 4 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 5 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 6 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 7 Writers Needed for Austria Guidebook
- 8 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 9 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 10 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 11 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 12 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 13 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 14 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 15 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 16 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 17 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 18 London neighborhood suggestions
- 19 What to wear
- 20 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 21 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Andalucia, Morocco
- 22 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 23 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 24 3 weeks in Europe
- 25 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train