We just returned from a wonderful trip to Romania and I will post more details soon. One tip on finances. There are ATMs everywhere in the cities we visited, Sighet, Baia Mare, Brasov, and Sibiu, which took our US cards with 4-digit PIN numbers with no problem.. Many restaurants, hotels and shops took credit cards, though small shops and museums did not. However, We found that some restaurants and shops that said they take credit cards actually could only accept debit cards. If you can't supply a PIN number, they could not accept the card. So it's safest to have enough cash with you too.
Credit and debit cards in Romania
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains
- 2 European Quiz: Tuesday # 67 - Seaside Resorts!
- 3 Positano in high season???
- 4 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 5 Trying not to look like a tourist
- 6 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 7 buying souviners and art
- 8 Barcelona or no ?
- 9 3.5 weeks in Europe w/ 10-month old
- 10 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 11 Bunratty vs Ulster American Folk Park
- 12 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 13 Walking in Bologna
- 14 What do you think of this itinerary?
- 15 Your favorite hotels in Poland & Amsterdam?
- 16 Aerofloat-safe or not?
- 17 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 18 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 19 Is Greece cheaper to visit then Italy and France??
- 20 Travel by train in Poland?
- 21 SICILY:The Second Time Around in 22Days for 55th Anniversary !!!
- 22 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 23 Tyrol - need general help
- 24 scotland trave;
- 25 Please help me plan my trip!