We leave in about 3 weeks for a trip I planned months ago. I'm more than ready to leave: I've been climbing stairs to get ready for Positano & our hikes, I've spent way too much time thinking about which shoes to take, sketchbooks and pencils are packed, I've downloaded guidebooks & apps and I've got maps. Yes, actual paper maps.
We start off with 3 nights with friends in London. Then we'll be 2 nights in Naples, 3 in the Cilento, 4 near Positano and 4 in Rome.
I do have a couple more questions.
1. In Naples, I want to watch the view around sunset. Where's the best spot? Via Petrarca? Where is that? How do I get there from the center? When I google I find a few images but no details.
2. We have 2 full days (3 nights) in the Cilento - 2 at Terre di Bosco in San Giovanni a Piro and 1 in Hotel Maruliva in Pisciotta. I have no idea what to do for those 2 days! Swim? Rent a boat? Snorkel? Any thoughts or information? As you know, there just isn't much in guidebooks.
That's it. I think we've figured out most everything else. Everyone's help was terrific and plans are based largely on the good ideas and experiences of people on Fodors. I'll be sure to write a trip report!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 2 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 3 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 4 Barcelona alternative
- 5 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 6 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 7 Frankfurt to UK
- 8 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 9 Spanish Medical Providers
- 10 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 11 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 12 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 13 Italy Car Scam
- 14 God Save the Queen?
- 15 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 16 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 17 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 18 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 19 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 20 Paris to Italy
- 21 9 Days in Spain
- 22 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 23 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 24 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 25 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
Counting down to Naples, Cilento, Positano & Rome. Just 2 more questions.