We leave in about 3 weeks for a trip I planned months ago. I'm more than ready to leave: I've been climbing stairs to get ready for Positano & our hikes, I've spent way too much time thinking about which shoes to take, sketchbooks and pencils are packed, I've downloaded guidebooks & apps and I've got maps. Yes, actual paper maps.
We start off with 3 nights with friends in London. Then we'll be 2 nights in Naples, 3 in the Cilento, 4 near Positano and 4 in Rome.
I do have a couple more questions.
1. In Naples, I want to watch the view around sunset. Where's the best spot? Via Petrarca? Where is that? How do I get there from the center? When I google I find a few images but no details.
2. We have 2 full days (3 nights) in the Cilento - 2 at Terre di Bosco in San Giovanni a Piro and 1 in Hotel Maruliva in Pisciotta. I have no idea what to do for those 2 days! Swim? Rent a boat? Snorkel? Any thoughts or information? As you know, there just isn't much in guidebooks.
That's it. I think we've figured out most everything else. Everyone's help was terrific and plans are based largely on the good ideas and experiences of people on Fodors. I'll be sure to write a trip report!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 2 Maximizing Norway time
- 3 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 4 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 5 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 6 Studying art in English in venice
- 7 Berlin to ?
- 8 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 9 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 10 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 11 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 12 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 13 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 14 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 15 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 16 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 17 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 18 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 19 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 20 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 21 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 22 Trogir or Split
- 23 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 24 Scotland
- 25 Hotels in Turin
Counting down to Naples, Cilento, Positano & Rome. Just 2 more questions.