We leave in about 3 weeks for a trip I planned months ago. I'm more than ready to leave: I've been climbing stairs to get ready for Positano & our hikes, I've spent way too much time thinking about which shoes to take, sketchbooks and pencils are packed, I've downloaded guidebooks & apps and I've got maps. Yes, actual paper maps.
We start off with 3 nights with friends in London. Then we'll be 2 nights in Naples, 3 in the Cilento, 4 near Positano and 4 in Rome.
I do have a couple more questions.
1. In Naples, I want to watch the view around sunset. Where's the best spot? Via Petrarca? Where is that? How do I get there from the center? When I google I find a few images but no details.
2. We have 2 full days (3 nights) in the Cilento - 2 at Terre di Bosco in San Giovanni a Piro and 1 in Hotel Maruliva in Pisciotta. I have no idea what to do for those 2 days! Swim? Rent a boat? Snorkel? Any thoughts or information? As you know, there just isn't much in guidebooks.
That's it. I think we've figured out most everything else. Everyone's help was terrific and plans are based largely on the good ideas and experiences of people on Fodors. I'll be sure to write a trip report!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Meteora for older folk
- 2 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 5 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 6 Spain in July
- 7 Train help for Prague
- 8 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 9 Athens
- 10 We're here!
- 11 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 12 Petrol in Greece
- 13 Germany train help!
- 14 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 15 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 16 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 17 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 18 Budapest & Prague
- 19 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 20 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 21 Paris day trips August
- 22 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 23 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 24 Acorn TV
- 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
Counting down to Naples, Cilento, Positano & Rome. Just 2 more questions.