T-minus 40 days!!!
DH and I are headed to Italy for the first time for 19 days (including travel, so 17 nights total). We leave in just over a month, and I think we finally have everything sorted out. At this point, we're pleased with the number of nights in each city, accommodations and some MINI Fares are booked so I'm not looking back.
This is segment 2 of 6. I realize from searching other posts that it would be easier to follow if I have separate posts for each city (and I tend to be quite wordy, I'm sorry in advance ). This post will focus on getting to Italy and our 2 nights in Venice.
I think I've pretty much organized our daily itineraries, but that is the area where I'm looking for the advice and comments for the wise Fodorites
And yes, I know that no matter what I do there will be days that don't go according to my plan. That's perfectly fine, I can handle that. I just like to be planned and organized because IME its been easier to get back on track when things go wrong, or when we decide to deviate from "the plan".
Also, any dining recommendations are welcome, and wanted, as well. DH and I enjoy all types of food (I dislike the term, but I suppose we're foodies), but we like to try to find food that is authentic to the areas we're in.
FYI, I'm using the Frommer's guide, 24 Great Walks in Venice for this part of our trip. You'll see I refer to walk numbers, but I realize that they won't mean anything to most of you - its just easier for me. We wanted a looser itinerary and didn't want to have to many places we "had" to see in Venice, but wanted more to get a feel of the city. I think walking tours were a better way to go for us here, because we can stop when something interests us, or change direction whenever we want.
Ok, here we go:
Train from Milan Central arrives at Venice St. Lucia 9:22 am
Vaporetto to Accademia stop - Walk to B&B Dorsoduro 461
Frommer's Walk 2
Piazza San Marco
Basilica di San Marco (incl. Museum, Treasury, Pala d'oro)
Campanile (Bell Tower)
Return to Dorsoduro - settle into room
Vaporetto Grand Canal Cruise (from Rick Steves 2011)
Wander around Castello before dinner
Frommer's Walk 24
Walk along Strada Nova, past Ca' d'Oro to Campo San Marcuola
Frommer's Walk 5
Wander around San Polo
Wander around Dosoduro
Train to Florence
Sometime during our walking and wandering we want to pick up a decorative mask and maybe some glass jewelry. I have a few ideas of where to go from searching past threads, but I would love to hear your recommendations for where to go as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 스타코리아카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■카지노사이트び카지노사이트
- 2 라이브바카라■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■온라인바카라る온라인바카라
- 3 헬로카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■카지노추천ュ카지노추천
- 4 타짜카지노사이트■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■온카지노と온카지노
- 5 슈퍼카지노【KBK99。COM】바카라게임설명づ월드카지노용어
- 6 바카라홀덤■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■생방송카지노ダ생방송카지노
- 7 카지노동호회■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■인터넷카지노추천ぞ인터넷카지노추천
- 8 정선바카라양방■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■코리아카지노ぼ코리아카지노
- 9 코리아바카라■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■카지노プ카지노
- 10 아시안카지노먹튀■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■생중계바카라ぷ생중계바카라
- 11 썬시티바카라■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■온카ヲ온카
- 12 코리아바카라주소■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■생방송바카라け생방송바카라
- 13 바카라이기기■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■생중계카지노ぜ생중계카지노
- 14 바카라■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■슈퍼카지노ま슈퍼카지노
- 15 Scandinavian itinerary sanity check
- 16 먹튀없는카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■온라인바카라ぉ온라인바카라
- 17 리얼카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■바카라て바카라
- 18 오픈카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■카지노사이트주소ザ카지노사이트주소
- 19 성인카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■생중계바카라じ생중계바카라
- 20 아시안바카라【KBK99。COM】코리아카지노여행づ온라인카지노룰
- 21 바카라주소■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■생중계바카라ガ생중계바카라
- 22 카지노랜드 ■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■온라인바카라추천ぶ온라인바카라추천
- 23 정선카지노룰렛■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■카지노ぞ카지노
- 24 카지노베이사이트■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■온카지노と온카지노
- 25 서울카지노■※■『SKT700.CoM』■※■온라인카지노ブ온라인카지노
Countdown: 40 days to fine tune our 19 day itinerary - Segment 2: Venice
T-minus 40 days!!!