During our brief stay in London, we have one full day (only) to go out of the city, and would like to go to the Cotswolds. My research shows that we could take an early train out of Paddington to Moreton in Marsh, and then be just a 15 minute bus or taxi ride away from Stow on the Wald. Since we must return to London that same night, would it be unrealistic to think we could get to another village as well? Which one? If we can only spend the day in one town, any thoughts on whether Stow on Wald or Bourton on the Water is the best example of the Cotswalds? I should mention that my adult son would like to spend time "wandering in the countryside" rather than exclusively browsing through a town, which is what my husband would prefer. Trying to have something for everyone!
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 2 Chambermaid tipping
- 3 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 4 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 5 Albania for Beginners
- 6 London Theater/re: "Pure Nonsense"? or what?
- 7 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 8 London for Christmas
- 9 Russian Tour Operators for Independent Travelers
- 10 Istanbul hotels
- 11 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 12 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 13 1st time to Italy...Cinque Terre, Florence and which Tuscan hill town?
- 14 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 15 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 16 south eastern europe by train and walking
- 17 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 18 Family European winter holiday
- 19 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 20 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 21 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 22 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 23 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 24 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 25 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?