During our brief stay in London, we have one full day (only) to go out of the city, and would like to go to the Cotswolds. My research shows that we could take an early train out of Paddington to Moreton in Marsh, and then be just a 15 minute bus or taxi ride away from Stow on the Wald. Since we must return to London that same night, would it be unrealistic to think we could get to another village as well? Which one? If we can only spend the day in one town, any thoughts on whether Stow on Wald or Bourton on the Water is the best example of the Cotswalds? I should mention that my adult son would like to spend time "wandering in the countryside" rather than exclusively browsing through a town, which is what my husband would prefer. Trying to have something for everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 2 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 3 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 4 Street food in Turkey
- 5 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 6 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 7 Valencia Fallas GTG March 17th 1 pm Hotel Melia Plaza
- 8 Itinerary Help!
- 9 Toulouse and beyond -
- 10 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 11 One week in Venice - trips
- 12 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 13 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 14 Scotland
- 15 9 days in turkey
- 16 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 17 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 18 UK for 12 days !
- 19 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 20 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 21 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 22 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 23 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 24 tour guides in rome
- 25 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?