During our brief stay in London, we have one full day (only) to go out of the city, and would like to go to the Cotswolds. My research shows that we could take an early train out of Paddington to Moreton in Marsh, and then be just a 15 minute bus or taxi ride away from Stow on the Wald. Since we must return to London that same night, would it be unrealistic to think we could get to another village as well? Which one? If we can only spend the day in one town, any thoughts on whether Stow on Wald or Bourton on the Water is the best example of the Cotswalds? I should mention that my adult son would like to spend time "wandering in the countryside" rather than exclusively browsing through a town, which is what my husband would prefer. Trying to have something for everyone!
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Train
- 2 London for Christmas
- 3 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 4 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 5 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 6 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 7 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 8 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 9 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 10 Travel by train or bus
- 11 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 12 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 13 Planning a holiday
- 14 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 15 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 16 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 17 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 18 Advises for trip to Russia
- 19 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 20 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 21 Amsterdam, Paris, and Bruges
- 22 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 23 Christmas Markets / Christmas experience.
- 24 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 25 Fun things to do in Copenhagen