During our brief stay in London, we have one full day (only) to go out of the city, and would like to go to the Cotswolds. My research shows that we could take an early train out of Paddington to Moreton in Marsh, and then be just a 15 minute bus or taxi ride away from Stow on the Wald. Since we must return to London that same night, would it be unrealistic to think we could get to another village as well? Which one? If we can only spend the day in one town, any thoughts on whether Stow on Wald or Bourton on the Water is the best example of the Cotswalds? I should mention that my adult son would like to spend time "wandering in the countryside" rather than exclusively browsing through a town, which is what my husband would prefer. Trying to have something for everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Story of the German Christmas star
- 2 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 3 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 4 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 5 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 6 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 7 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 8 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 9 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 10 Italy dolomites
- 11 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 12 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 13 Scuol, Switzerland
- 14 Airport ATMs
- 15 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 16 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 17 5 Observations About Paris
- 18 Euro Trivia quiz #15 - Famous Folks and Places
- 19 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 20 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 21 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 22 Switzerland help...?
- 23 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 24 Italy 2015: making the internal plans
- 25 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??