During our brief stay in London, we have one full day (only) to go out of the city, and would like to go to the Cotswolds. My research shows that we could take an early train out of Paddington to Moreton in Marsh, and then be just a 15 minute bus or taxi ride away from Stow on the Wald. Since we must return to London that same night, would it be unrealistic to think we could get to another village as well? Which one? If we can only spend the day in one town, any thoughts on whether Stow on Wald or Bourton on the Water is the best example of the Cotswalds? I should mention that my adult son would like to spend time "wandering in the countryside" rather than exclusively browsing through a town, which is what my husband would prefer. Trying to have something for everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains in Italy
- 2 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 3 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 4 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 5 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 6 Help With Vienna
- 7 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 8 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 9 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 10 Flying from Paris to London: logistics help?
- 11 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 12 Turkey Family Vacation packages From India.
- 13 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 14 FREE SATNAV WORLDWIDE with OFFLINE NAVIGATION on Windows 8 phones
- 15 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 16 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 17 Nice or Marseille??
- 18 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 19 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 20 Air pollution in Paris
- 21 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 22 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 23 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 24 France, Italy and Greec
- 25 gites de france or agritourism