During our brief stay in London, we have one full day (only) to go out of the city, and would like to go to the Cotswolds. My research shows that we could take an early train out of Paddington to Moreton in Marsh, and then be just a 15 minute bus or taxi ride away from Stow on the Wald. Since we must return to London that same night, would it be unrealistic to think we could get to another village as well? Which one? If we can only spend the day in one town, any thoughts on whether Stow on Wald or Bourton on the Water is the best example of the Cotswalds? I should mention that my adult son would like to spend time "wandering in the countryside" rather than exclusively browsing through a town, which is what my husband would prefer. Trying to have something for everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 2 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 3 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 4 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 5 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 6 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 7 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 8 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 9 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 10 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 11 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 12 Is my plan ok
- 13 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 14 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 15 5 Observations About Paris
- 16 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 17 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 18 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 19 Southern Spain
- 20 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 21 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 22 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 23 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 24 Scotland November 2015
- 25 Luggage storage in Barcelona