My friend and I are planning a trip to Europe this December and will spend Christmas in England.I have done research and a lot of articles and travel blogs suggests that Cotswold is a great place to spend Christmas.I really would like to experience the little villages and the culture of the place.
Can someone please suggest which village/town would be a good place to spend Christmas eve/day.Looking for activities like Christmas carols,services...and somewhere where we would just really feel the Christmas spirit and buzz and feel welcome.
Also with regard to accommodation we are aware that most places are closed on Christmas Day so would it be better to stay in a bnb or pub in order to be around some people and celebrate with them on the day.
Thanks so much for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 2 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 3 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 4 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 5 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 6 What tips can you give about packing?
- 7 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 8 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 9 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 10 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 11 Prague
- 12 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 13 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 14 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 15 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 16 Amsterdam hotels during summer
- 17 A week in Paris
- 18 38 Days in Paris
- 19 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 20 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 21 2 Months in Sicily
- 22 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 23 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 24 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 25 London GTG in June, Anyone?