My friend and I are planning a trip to Europe this December and will spend Christmas in England.I have done research and a lot of articles and travel blogs suggests that Cotswold is a great place to spend Christmas.I really would like to experience the little villages and the culture of the place.
Can someone please suggest which village/town would be a good place to spend Christmas eve/day.Looking for activities like Christmas carols,services...and somewhere where we would just really feel the Christmas spirit and buzz and feel welcome.
Also with regard to accommodation we are aware that most places are closed on Christmas Day so would it be better to stay in a bnb or pub in order to be around some people and celebrate with them on the day.
Thanks so much for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CDG much improved
- 2 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 3 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 4 St Denis Cathedral
- 5 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 6 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 7 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 8 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 9 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 10 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 11 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 12 Rouen Tour Companies
- 13 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 14 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 15 Ronda Wine/biking
- 16 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 17 Italy bus or train
- 18 Ireland itinerary help please
- 19 May get together in Paris
- 20 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 21 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 22 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 23 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 24 Canal du Midi
- 25 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation