I am once again asking the sage advice of the incredibly knowledgeable people on this forum who have helped me plan many a successful trip to weigh on on where to stay for a 10 day trip to the Cote d'Azur with a 2 year old.
Initially we were thinking of splitting our stay (5 nights/5 nights) in Nice and Cannes but are they really too close together to do this? I've heard traffic can be terrible and we're planning to take it very very slow so we thought this would be fine but would love to hear thoughts. Really prefer to keep car trips to 30 minutes or less...
We figured from Nice we could take trips to Eze, Monaco, ect.. and from Cannes, St. Tropez, Antibes, ect...
Should we just stay all 10 nights in one place? If so, is Cannes better or Nice? Beach is important but public transportation access more so.
Or should we split between two places whether it's Nice and Cannes or Nice and St. Tropez, ect...
Thanks so much in advance for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 2 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 3 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 4 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 5 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 6 Whathello Paris
- 7 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 8 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 9 Athens Help
- 10 Crete Holiday
- 11 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 12 Travel in Europe
- 13 Rome to Venice
- 14 Bordeaux to Nice
- 15 One free day in Barcelona
- 16 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 17 November in Rome
- 18 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 19 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 20 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 21 Trains in Italy
- 22 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 23 Sicily help
- 24 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 25 Christmas markets
Cote d'Azur with a Toddler in July? Please help with itinerary. Thank you!