We are a family of 4 (daughters age 9 & 5) travelling to France in Sept-Oct. After 2 weeks in Paris & Burgundy we will be driving south via Annecy to Cote d'Azur & Provence.
Thank you to StuDudley, we have managed to narrow down our itinerary somewhat, but would love any comments or suggestions before booking & finalising all our accommodation.
We like to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. Love to sample good local cuisine. Don't want to stay in very touristy areas, but still want to be walking distance to main attractions while staying in a town such as Nice, and then alternating with tranquility of a country setting.
We are unsure whether to stay 2 or 3 nights in Nice? Also any recommendation for a family hotel / B&B / guesthouse in Nice or St Tropez? Our budget is 100-200Euros per night. Prefer quirky, character rather than too simple (bland) or modern. Would pay more for something veyr special.
week 1 Paris
week 2 Gite in Clomot, Burgundy
2 nights Annecy
1 night Briancon
Drive to St Paul de Vence, via Entreveux
3 nights St Paul de Vence, base for exploring Cote d'Azur
2 nights in Nice, rest from driving
1 (or two?) nights in St Tropez
5 nights - somewhere in the Luberon area as a base to visit western Provence. Ideally would like to find a 'farmstay' style B&B on a working farm (eg chickens & goats etc for the children... is there such a thing in Provence?)
Return to Paris via Lyon for two nights.
Would love to hear from anyone with experience travelling with children in this region. We'd be interested in some activities such as painting workshops, cooking classes, perfume tours in Grasse etc.
Any ' not to miss' sights and experiences?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 2 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 3 Renting International Cars from USA
- 4 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 5 My First Trip to Europe...
- 6 Looking for a car with a driver in Ireland
- 7 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 8 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 9 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 10 Gracia Neighborhood in Barcelona Spain
- 11 Enjoying England for a year!
- 12 Greece Itinerary
- 13 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 14 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 15 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 16 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 17 Barcelona Car rental return
- 18 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 19 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 20 All of Spain or something else..?
- 21 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 22 Madrid city centre?
- 23 Greece Experts
- 24 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 25 Italy emergency numbers, which one
Cote d'Azur, Provence itinerary & accommodation, suggestions?