We are a family of 4 (daughters age 9 & 5) travelling to France in Sept-Oct. After 2 weeks in Paris & Burgundy we will be driving south via Annecy to Cote d'Azur & Provence.
Thank you to StuDudley, we have managed to narrow down our itinerary somewhat, but would love any comments or suggestions before booking & finalising all our accommodation.
We like to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. Love to sample good local cuisine. Don't want to stay in very touristy areas, but still want to be walking distance to main attractions while staying in a town such as Nice, and then alternating with tranquility of a country setting.
We are unsure whether to stay 2 or 3 nights in Nice? Also any recommendation for a family hotel / B&B / guesthouse in Nice or St Tropez? Our budget is 100-200Euros per night. Prefer quirky, character rather than too simple (bland) or modern. Would pay more for something veyr special.
week 1 Paris
week 2 Gite in Clomot, Burgundy
2 nights Annecy
1 night Briancon
Drive to St Paul de Vence, via Entreveux
3 nights St Paul de Vence, base for exploring Cote d'Azur
2 nights in Nice, rest from driving
1 (or two?) nights in St Tropez
5 nights - somewhere in the Luberon area as a base to visit western Provence. Ideally would like to find a 'farmstay' style B&B on a working farm (eg chickens & goats etc for the children... is there such a thing in Provence?)
Return to Paris via Lyon for two nights.
Would love to hear from anyone with experience travelling with children in this region. We'd be interested in some activities such as painting workshops, cooking classes, perfume tours in Grasse etc.
Any ' not to miss' sights and experiences?
Thank you in advance!
Cote d'Azur, Provence itinerary & accommodation, suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 2 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 3 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 4 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 5 Nice/Cote D'azur/Monaco surroundings - suggestions please...
- 6 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 7 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 8 Barcelona trip (La Festa Gracia! and more)
- 9 Italy- From Rome to Milan
- 10 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 11 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 12 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 13 CROATIA SPLIT
- 14 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 15 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 16 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 17 Porto to Lisbon
- 18 How to make this adventure work?
- 19 where to stay in Germany
- 20 Suggestion for wine tasting and winery tours in Tuscany
- 21 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 22 Spending money in Italy?
- 23 Christmas Market 2014 Itinerary help
- 24 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 25 Theater in London