We are a family of 4 (daughters age 9 & 5) travelling to France in Sept-Oct. After 2 weeks in Paris & Burgundy we will be driving south via Annecy to Cote d'Azur & Provence.
Thank you to StuDudley, we have managed to narrow down our itinerary somewhat, but would love any comments or suggestions before booking & finalising all our accommodation.
We like to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. Love to sample good local cuisine. Don't want to stay in very touristy areas, but still want to be walking distance to main attractions while staying in a town such as Nice, and then alternating with tranquility of a country setting.
We are unsure whether to stay 2 or 3 nights in Nice? Also any recommendation for a family hotel / B&B / guesthouse in Nice or St Tropez? Our budget is 100-200Euros per night. Prefer quirky, character rather than too simple (bland) or modern. Would pay more for something veyr special.
week 1 Paris
week 2 Gite in Clomot, Burgundy
2 nights Annecy
1 night Briancon
Drive to St Paul de Vence, via Entreveux
3 nights St Paul de Vence, base for exploring Cote d'Azur
2 nights in Nice, rest from driving
1 (or two?) nights in St Tropez
5 nights - somewhere in the Luberon area as a base to visit western Provence. Ideally would like to find a 'farmstay' style B&B on a working farm (eg chickens & goats etc for the children... is there such a thing in Provence?)
Return to Paris via Lyon for two nights.
Would love to hear from anyone with experience travelling with children in this region. We'd be interested in some activities such as painting workshops, cooking classes, perfume tours in Grasse etc.
Any ' not to miss' sights and experiences?
Thank you in advance!
Cote d'Azur, Provence itinerary & accommodation, suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Germain
- 2 Spain, best travel route between Madrid & Barcelona?
- 3 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 4 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 5 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 6 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 7 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 8 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 9 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 10 3 Countries - Bar Trip - need advice
- 11 Italy travelogue, Part III (Positano & the Amalfi Coast)
- 12 A Greek sojourn
- 13 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 14 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 15 Burgundy in May
- 16 If you are looking for a good restaurant in Lisbon..
- 17 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 18 AIRBNB in Paris?
- 19 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 20 Need help with Baltics trip.
- 21 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 22 Kimhe--flamenco
- 23 2 weeks in Norway in May, need itinerary help!
- 24 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 25 Norway Advice