We are a family of 4 (daughters age 9 & 5) travelling to France in Sept-Oct. After 2 weeks in Paris & Burgundy we will be driving south via Annecy to Cote d'Azur & Provence.
Thank you to StuDudley, we have managed to narrow down our itinerary somewhat, but would love any comments or suggestions before booking & finalising all our accommodation.
We like to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. Love to sample good local cuisine. Don't want to stay in very touristy areas, but still want to be walking distance to main attractions while staying in a town such as Nice, and then alternating with tranquility of a country setting.
We are unsure whether to stay 2 or 3 nights in Nice? Also any recommendation for a family hotel / B&B / guesthouse in Nice or St Tropez? Our budget is 100-200Euros per night. Prefer quirky, character rather than too simple (bland) or modern. Would pay more for something veyr special.
week 1 Paris
week 2 Gite in Clomot, Burgundy
2 nights Annecy
1 night Briancon
Drive to St Paul de Vence, via Entreveux
3 nights St Paul de Vence, base for exploring Cote d'Azur
2 nights in Nice, rest from driving
1 (or two?) nights in St Tropez
5 nights - somewhere in the Luberon area as a base to visit western Provence. Ideally would like to find a 'farmstay' style B&B on a working farm (eg chickens & goats etc for the children... is there such a thing in Provence?)
Return to Paris via Lyon for two nights.
Would love to hear from anyone with experience travelling with children in this region. We'd be interested in some activities such as painting workshops, cooking classes, perfume tours in Grasse etc.
Any ' not to miss' sights and experiences?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pre-booking colosseum tour tickets - help needed
- 2 Livorno shore excursion 3 choices ?
- 3 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 4 The Best beach in Europe
- 5 Driving through French Alps to Italy
- 6 Time to go through customs London, Stansted
- 7 I am a.tall foodie
- 8 Transportation
- 9 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 10 The suitcases ar going to Provence
- 11 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 12 Locations of apartment in Seville
- 13 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 14 How much money for 2 weeks in ITALY
- 15 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 16 Help? Berlin (or Prague) dentist
- 17 7 day Itinerary Input Please - Switzerland
- 18 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 19 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 20 Northern Spain
- 21 Free walking tours in Budapest and Prague
- 22 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015
- 23 The Best of Paris Oct 12 -18th 2015
- 24 explore Italy on a budget
- 25 Itenerary Opinion
Cote d'Azur, Provence itinerary & accommodation, suggestions?