We are a family of 4 (daughters age 9 & 5) travelling to France in Sept-Oct. After 2 weeks in Paris & Burgundy we will be driving south via Annecy to Cote d'Azur & Provence.
Thank you to StuDudley, we have managed to narrow down our itinerary somewhat, but would love any comments or suggestions before booking & finalising all our accommodation.
We like to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. Love to sample good local cuisine. Don't want to stay in very touristy areas, but still want to be walking distance to main attractions while staying in a town such as Nice, and then alternating with tranquility of a country setting.
We are unsure whether to stay 2 or 3 nights in Nice? Also any recommendation for a family hotel / B&B / guesthouse in Nice or St Tropez? Our budget is 100-200Euros per night. Prefer quirky, character rather than too simple (bland) or modern. Would pay more for something veyr special.
week 1 Paris
week 2 Gite in Clomot, Burgundy
2 nights Annecy
1 night Briancon
Drive to St Paul de Vence, via Entreveux
3 nights St Paul de Vence, base for exploring Cote d'Azur
2 nights in Nice, rest from driving
1 (or two?) nights in St Tropez
5 nights - somewhere in the Luberon area as a base to visit western Provence. Ideally would like to find a 'farmstay' style B&B on a working farm (eg chickens & goats etc for the children... is there such a thing in Provence?)
Return to Paris via Lyon for two nights.
Would love to hear from anyone with experience travelling with children in this region. We'd be interested in some activities such as painting workshops, cooking classes, perfume tours in Grasse etc.
Any ' not to miss' sights and experiences?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 2 Paris Under Seige...
- 3 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 4 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 5 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 6 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 7 Beaches via Public Transportation
- 8 Turkey Gulet Cruises
- 9 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 10 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 11 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 12 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 13 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 14 Glowing epidermis– Some women have stated
- 15 6 days in Portugal in December
- 16 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 17 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 18 What one thing in Paris?
- 19 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 20 Anyone ever been to Minsk, Belarus?
- 21 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 22 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 23 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 24 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 25 Northern Italy - where to go?
Cote d'Azur, Provence itinerary & accommodation, suggestions?