We are a family of 4 (daughters age 9 & 5) travelling to France in Sept-Oct. After 2 weeks in Paris & Burgundy we will be driving south via Annecy to Cote d'Azur & Provence.
Thank you to StuDudley, we have managed to narrow down our itinerary somewhat, but would love any comments or suggestions before booking & finalising all our accommodation.
We like to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. Love to sample good local cuisine. Don't want to stay in very touristy areas, but still want to be walking distance to main attractions while staying in a town such as Nice, and then alternating with tranquility of a country setting.
We are unsure whether to stay 2 or 3 nights in Nice? Also any recommendation for a family hotel / B&B / guesthouse in Nice or St Tropez? Our budget is 100-200Euros per night. Prefer quirky, character rather than too simple (bland) or modern. Would pay more for something veyr special.
week 1 Paris
week 2 Gite in Clomot, Burgundy
2 nights Annecy
1 night Briancon
Drive to St Paul de Vence, via Entreveux
3 nights St Paul de Vence, base for exploring Cote d'Azur
2 nights in Nice, rest from driving
1 (or two?) nights in St Tropez
5 nights - somewhere in the Luberon area as a base to visit western Provence. Ideally would like to find a 'farmstay' style B&B on a working farm (eg chickens & goats etc for the children... is there such a thing in Provence?)
Return to Paris via Lyon for two nights.
Would love to hear from anyone with experience travelling with children in this region. We'd be interested in some activities such as painting workshops, cooking classes, perfume tours in Grasse etc.
Any ' not to miss' sights and experiences?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 2 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 3 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 4 Madrid - Madrid - 9 days
- 5 Very last minute Swiss train help!
- 6 Departure Tax in UK
- 7 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 8 To europe this Aug
- 9 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 10 Ireland in November
- 11 Switzerland and Italy 8 days
- 12 I'm back.....
- 13 Swiss travel pass/ Glacier express
- 14 Switzerland itinerary help
- 15 Best coastal town within 3 hours of Barcelona (with kids)
- 16 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 17 Ireland ToDo
- 18 Our week in Italy - lucky with weather, missed impulse
- 19 FAQs
- 20 Day Trips from Lisbon
- 21 Charles Degaulle question
- 22 Normandy - driving trip
- 23 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 24 Ballet Bolshoi
- 25 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
Cote d'Azur, Provence itinerary & accommodation, suggestions?