We are a family of 4 (daughters age 9 & 5) travelling to France in Sept-Oct. After 2 weeks in Paris & Burgundy we will be driving south via Annecy to Cote d'Azur & Provence.
Thank you to StuDudley, we have managed to narrow down our itinerary somewhat, but would love any comments or suggestions before booking & finalising all our accommodation.
We like to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. Love to sample good local cuisine. Don't want to stay in very touristy areas, but still want to be walking distance to main attractions while staying in a town such as Nice, and then alternating with tranquility of a country setting.
We are unsure whether to stay 2 or 3 nights in Nice? Also any recommendation for a family hotel / B&B / guesthouse in Nice or St Tropez? Our budget is 100-200Euros per night. Prefer quirky, character rather than too simple (bland) or modern. Would pay more for something veyr special.
week 1 Paris
week 2 Gite in Clomot, Burgundy
2 nights Annecy
1 night Briancon
Drive to St Paul de Vence, via Entreveux
3 nights St Paul de Vence, base for exploring Cote d'Azur
2 nights in Nice, rest from driving
1 (or two?) nights in St Tropez
5 nights - somewhere in the Luberon area as a base to visit western Provence. Ideally would like to find a 'farmstay' style B&B on a working farm (eg chickens & goats etc for the children... is there such a thing in Provence?)
Return to Paris via Lyon for two nights.
Would love to hear from anyone with experience travelling with children in this region. We'd be interested in some activities such as painting workshops, cooking classes, perfume tours in Grasse etc.
Any ' not to miss' sights and experiences?
Thank you in advance!
Cote d'Azur, Provence itinerary & accommodation, suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sagrada Familia - Barcelona; time "allocation"
- 2 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 3 Checking out your destination with live webcams- Rome for example!
- 4 To include Florence or Not....A Venice, (maybe Florence), and Rome trip
- 5 April long weekend - Munich v Innsbruck v Salzburg
- 6 Budapest Favorites
- 7 Northern Italy Agriturismo, Activities, Cooking School
- 8 Gargnano vs Bellagio (Lake Garda vs Lake Como)
- 9 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 10 Rome Colosseum and Forum
- 11 Renting a car after train to Florence
- 12 Mediterranean/Provence, February - March 2016
- 13 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 14 Sea side in Italy
- 15 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 16 SoS!!! Rome Hotel Prices - Why soooo expensive????
- 17 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 18 Where to stay 2 nights in la Céré France?
- 19 European Backpacking
- 20 Help! Itinerary suggestion for 35 days in Italy and France.
- 21 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 22 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 23 2 week Europe trip adivce
- 24 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 25 Spain in 17 days