We are a family of 4 (daughters age 9 & 5) travelling to France in Sept-Oct. After 2 weeks in Paris & Burgundy we will be driving south via Annecy to Cote d'Azur & Provence.
Thank you to StuDudley, we have managed to narrow down our itinerary somewhat, but would love any comments or suggestions before booking & finalising all our accommodation.
We like to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. Love to sample good local cuisine. Don't want to stay in very touristy areas, but still want to be walking distance to main attractions while staying in a town such as Nice, and then alternating with tranquility of a country setting.
We are unsure whether to stay 2 or 3 nights in Nice? Also any recommendation for a family hotel / B&B / guesthouse in Nice or St Tropez? Our budget is 100-200Euros per night. Prefer quirky, character rather than too simple (bland) or modern. Would pay more for something veyr special.
week 1 Paris
week 2 Gite in Clomot, Burgundy
2 nights Annecy
1 night Briancon
Drive to St Paul de Vence, via Entreveux
3 nights St Paul de Vence, base for exploring Cote d'Azur
2 nights in Nice, rest from driving
1 (or two?) nights in St Tropez
5 nights - somewhere in the Luberon area as a base to visit western Provence. Ideally would like to find a 'farmstay' style B&B on a working farm (eg chickens & goats etc for the children... is there such a thing in Provence?)
Return to Paris via Lyon for two nights.
Would love to hear from anyone with experience travelling with children in this region. We'd be interested in some activities such as painting workshops, cooking classes, perfume tours in Grasse etc.
Any ' not to miss' sights and experiences?
Thank you in advance!
Cote d'Azur, Provence itinerary & accommodation, suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 2 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 3 Itinerary Suggestions for South of Spain and Portugal
- 4 biking in France
- 5 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 6 Amalfi Coast in October
- 7 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 8 London for Free
- 9 RENFE train drivers strike: 12 and 15 September 2014
- 10 LEGAL PROCEDURE
- 11 RENFE- AVE link stopped
- 12 The elusive `Northern Lights` Where I go , they don`t!
- 13 LEGAL PROCEDURE
- 14 Terrorism in Europe
- 15 Trying to get a handle on our 19 days in Tuscany and Umbria
- 16 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 17 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 18 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 19 Northern Lights in Scotland??
- 20 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 21 Madrid: City Views
- 22 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 23 London restaurants
- 24 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 25 Flying Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy to London