We are a family of 4 (daughters age 9 & 5) travelling to France in Sept-Oct. After 2 weeks in Paris & Burgundy we will be driving south via Annecy to Cote d'Azur & Provence.
Thank you to StuDudley, we have managed to narrow down our itinerary somewhat, but would love any comments or suggestions before booking & finalising all our accommodation.
We like to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. Love to sample good local cuisine. Don't want to stay in very touristy areas, but still want to be walking distance to main attractions while staying in a town such as Nice, and then alternating with tranquility of a country setting.
We are unsure whether to stay 2 or 3 nights in Nice? Also any recommendation for a family hotel / B&B / guesthouse in Nice or St Tropez? Our budget is 100-200Euros per night. Prefer quirky, character rather than too simple (bland) or modern. Would pay more for something veyr special.
week 1 Paris
week 2 Gite in Clomot, Burgundy
2 nights Annecy
1 night Briancon
Drive to St Paul de Vence, via Entreveux
3 nights St Paul de Vence, base for exploring Cote d'Azur
2 nights in Nice, rest from driving
1 (or two?) nights in St Tropez
5 nights - somewhere in the Luberon area as a base to visit western Provence. Ideally would like to find a 'farmstay' style B&B on a working farm (eg chickens & goats etc for the children... is there such a thing in Provence?)
Return to Paris via Lyon for two nights.
Would love to hear from anyone with experience travelling with children in this region. We'd be interested in some activities such as painting workshops, cooking classes, perfume tours in Grasse etc.
Any ' not to miss' sights and experiences?
Thank you in advance!
Cote d'Azur, Provence itinerary & accommodation, suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 In Defense of the Notoriously Arrogant French Waiter
- 2 Visit Algarve in mid-April 2015: Yes or No?
- 3 9 Nights: Venice, AC, and Rome first timer help!!!
- 4 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 5 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 6 11:00 am flight from Rome & my husband
- 7 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 8 Italy for 5 nights!
- 9 Best Neighborhood To Stay In In Rome
- 10 Airb2b in Paris
- 11 Best of Southern France, your favorites?
- 12 2 Nights in the Pyrenees: Driving Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 13 Barcelona restaurants
- 14 Seaplane service
- 15 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 16 Freising or Erding?
- 17 Trains
- 18 Best way to find APARTMENT rental in Rome?
- 19 Central Europe - 16 Days
- 20 Spain ? France ? Croatia - honeymoon 2nd stop
- 21 netherland & belgium 7 days pls help
- 22 Paris Bastille Day
- 23 Mother Daughter Ireland Trip- need some itinerary advice
- 24 Southwest Ireland - 3 Nights
- 25 What American foods do Europeans love?