We are a family of 4 (daughters age 9 & 5) travelling to France in Sept-Oct. After 2 weeks in Paris & Burgundy we will be driving south via Annecy to Cote d'Azur & Provence.
Thank you to StuDudley, we have managed to narrow down our itinerary somewhat, but would love any comments or suggestions before booking & finalising all our accommodation.
We like to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. Love to sample good local cuisine. Don't want to stay in very touristy areas, but still want to be walking distance to main attractions while staying in a town such as Nice, and then alternating with tranquility of a country setting.
We are unsure whether to stay 2 or 3 nights in Nice? Also any recommendation for a family hotel / B&B / guesthouse in Nice or St Tropez? Our budget is 100-200Euros per night. Prefer quirky, character rather than too simple (bland) or modern. Would pay more for something veyr special.
week 1 Paris
week 2 Gite in Clomot, Burgundy
2 nights Annecy
1 night Briancon
Drive to St Paul de Vence, via Entreveux
3 nights St Paul de Vence, base for exploring Cote d'Azur
2 nights in Nice, rest from driving
1 (or two?) nights in St Tropez
5 nights - somewhere in the Luberon area as a base to visit western Provence. Ideally would like to find a 'farmstay' style B&B on a working farm (eg chickens & goats etc for the children... is there such a thing in Provence?)
Return to Paris via Lyon for two nights.
Would love to hear from anyone with experience travelling with children in this region. We'd be interested in some activities such as painting workshops, cooking classes, perfume tours in Grasse etc.
Any ' not to miss' sights and experiences?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 2 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 3 Do you need a fake certificate?
- 4 My First Trip to Europe...
- 5 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 6 Road Maps of Ireland
- 7 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 8 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 9 Manchester on derby weekend
- 10 Rome to Positano
- 11 Day trips from Uzes
- 12 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 13 Itinerary Critique, please?
- 14 From London to Paris to US
- 15 France to stop making foie grois
- 16 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 17 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 18 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 19 Puglia
- 20 Trip Report: A Culinary Adventure Through Burgundy
- 21 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 22 Barcelona Car rental return
- 23 Stonehenge and Bath
- 24 Ferrara or Verona for a 4/5 hours stopover?
- 25 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
Cote d'Azur, Provence itinerary & accommodation, suggestions?