We are a family of 4 (daughters age 9 & 5) travelling to France in Sept-Oct. After 2 weeks in Paris & Burgundy we will be driving south via Annecy to Cote d'Azur & Provence.
Thank you to StuDudley, we have managed to narrow down our itinerary somewhat, but would love any comments or suggestions before booking & finalising all our accommodation.
We like to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. Love to sample good local cuisine. Don't want to stay in very touristy areas, but still want to be walking distance to main attractions while staying in a town such as Nice, and then alternating with tranquility of a country setting.
We are unsure whether to stay 2 or 3 nights in Nice? Also any recommendation for a family hotel / B&B / guesthouse in Nice or St Tropez? Our budget is 100-200Euros per night. Prefer quirky, character rather than too simple (bland) or modern. Would pay more for something veyr special.
week 1 Paris
week 2 Gite in Clomot, Burgundy
2 nights Annecy
1 night Briancon
Drive to St Paul de Vence, via Entreveux
3 nights St Paul de Vence, base for exploring Cote d'Azur
2 nights in Nice, rest from driving
1 (or two?) nights in St Tropez
5 nights - somewhere in the Luberon area as a base to visit western Provence. Ideally would like to find a 'farmstay' style B&B on a working farm (eg chickens & goats etc for the children... is there such a thing in Provence?)
Return to Paris via Lyon for two nights.
Would love to hear from anyone with experience travelling with children in this region. We'd be interested in some activities such as painting workshops, cooking classes, perfume tours in Grasse etc.
Any ' not to miss' sights and experiences?
Thank you in advance!
Cote d'Azur, Provence itinerary & accommodation, suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mont St Michel
- 2 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 3 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 4 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 5 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 6 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 7 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 8 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 9 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 10 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 11 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 12 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 13 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 14 renting a car in Germany
- 15 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 16 Tickets to Sagrada Familia
- 17 Paris in April?
- 18 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 19 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 20 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 21 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 22 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 23 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 24 Bergamo/Bellagio - suggestions?
- 25 London hotel