We are a family of 4 (daughters age 9 & 5) travelling to France in Sept-Oct. After 2 weeks in Paris & Burgundy we will be driving south via Annecy to Cote d'Azur & Provence.
Thank you to StuDudley, we have managed to narrow down our itinerary somewhat, but would love any comments or suggestions before booking & finalising all our accommodation.
We like to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. Love to sample good local cuisine. Don't want to stay in very touristy areas, but still want to be walking distance to main attractions while staying in a town such as Nice, and then alternating with tranquility of a country setting.
We are unsure whether to stay 2 or 3 nights in Nice? Also any recommendation for a family hotel / B&B / guesthouse in Nice or St Tropez? Our budget is 100-200Euros per night. Prefer quirky, character rather than too simple (bland) or modern. Would pay more for something veyr special.
week 1 Paris
week 2 Gite in Clomot, Burgundy
2 nights Annecy
1 night Briancon
Drive to St Paul de Vence, via Entreveux
3 nights St Paul de Vence, base for exploring Cote d'Azur
2 nights in Nice, rest from driving
1 (or two?) nights in St Tropez
5 nights - somewhere in the Luberon area as a base to visit western Provence. Ideally would like to find a 'farmstay' style B&B on a working farm (eg chickens & goats etc for the children... is there such a thing in Provence?)
Return to Paris via Lyon for two nights.
Would love to hear from anyone with experience travelling with children in this region. We'd be interested in some activities such as painting workshops, cooking classes, perfume tours in Grasse etc.
Any ' not to miss' sights and experiences?
Thank you in advance!
Cote d'Azur, Provence itinerary & accommodation, suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bikerscott & Jamikins in Portugal 2010/2011
- 2 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 3 Short Trip to Iceland - Lake Myvatn or Jokulsarlon?
- 4 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 5 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 6 Just starting to ponder a family trip to Iceland...
- 7 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 8 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 9 SIM card for eastern europe
- 10 Foie gras, redux
- 11 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 12 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 13 Southern France
- 14 Advance Tickest from Piraeus to Islands?
- 15 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 16 italy
- 17 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 18 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 19 London in 3 days! Help with lodging, please!
- 20 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 21 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 22 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 23 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 24 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 25 What to wear