We are a family of 4 (daughters age 9 & 5) travelling to France in Sept-Oct. After 2 weeks in Paris & Burgundy we will be driving south via Annecy to Cote d'Azur & Provence.
Thank you to StuDudley, we have managed to narrow down our itinerary somewhat, but would love any comments or suggestions before booking & finalising all our accommodation.
We like to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. Love to sample good local cuisine. Don't want to stay in very touristy areas, but still want to be walking distance to main attractions while staying in a town such as Nice, and then alternating with tranquility of a country setting.
We are unsure whether to stay 2 or 3 nights in Nice? Also any recommendation for a family hotel / B&B / guesthouse in Nice or St Tropez? Our budget is 100-200Euros per night. Prefer quirky, character rather than too simple (bland) or modern. Would pay more for something veyr special.
week 1 Paris
week 2 Gite in Clomot, Burgundy
2 nights Annecy
1 night Briancon
Drive to St Paul de Vence, via Entreveux
3 nights St Paul de Vence, base for exploring Cote d'Azur
2 nights in Nice, rest from driving
1 (or two?) nights in St Tropez
5 nights - somewhere in the Luberon area as a base to visit western Provence. Ideally would like to find a 'farmstay' style B&B on a working farm (eg chickens & goats etc for the children... is there such a thing in Provence?)
Return to Paris via Lyon for two nights.
Would love to hear from anyone with experience travelling with children in this region. We'd be interested in some activities such as painting workshops, cooking classes, perfume tours in Grasse etc.
Any ' not to miss' sights and experiences?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 May get together in Paris
- 2 Nafplio to Hydra
- 3 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 4 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 5 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 6 Self drive tour companies
- 7 info Faro & Algarve
- 8 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 9 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 10 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 11 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 12 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 13 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 14 Italian lakes
- 15 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 16 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 17 Spain and South of France
- 18 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 19 renting car with automatic transmission
- 20 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 21 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 22 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 23 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 24 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 25 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
Cote d'Azur, Provence itinerary & accommodation, suggestions?