We are a family of 4 (daughters age 9 & 5) travelling to France in Sept-Oct. After 2 weeks in Paris & Burgundy we will be driving south via Annecy to Cote d'Azur & Provence.
Thank you to StuDudley, we have managed to narrow down our itinerary somewhat, but would love any comments or suggestions before booking & finalising all our accommodation.
We like to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. Love to sample good local cuisine. Don't want to stay in very touristy areas, but still want to be walking distance to main attractions while staying in a town such as Nice, and then alternating with tranquility of a country setting.
We are unsure whether to stay 2 or 3 nights in Nice? Also any recommendation for a family hotel / B&B / guesthouse in Nice or St Tropez? Our budget is 100-200Euros per night. Prefer quirky, character rather than too simple (bland) or modern. Would pay more for something veyr special.
week 1 Paris
week 2 Gite in Clomot, Burgundy
2 nights Annecy
1 night Briancon
Drive to St Paul de Vence, via Entreveux
3 nights St Paul de Vence, base for exploring Cote d'Azur
2 nights in Nice, rest from driving
1 (or two?) nights in St Tropez
5 nights - somewhere in the Luberon area as a base to visit western Provence. Ideally would like to find a 'farmstay' style B&B on a working farm (eg chickens & goats etc for the children... is there such a thing in Provence?)
Return to Paris via Lyon for two nights.
Would love to hear from anyone with experience travelling with children in this region. We'd be interested in some activities such as painting workshops, cooking classes, perfume tours in Grasse etc.
Any ' not to miss' sights and experiences?
Thank you in advance!
Cote d'Azur, Provence itinerary & accommodation, suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 2 Dordogne lodging
- 3 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 4 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 5 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 6 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 7 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 8 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 9 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 10 I Got Tear Gassed In Pristina
- 11 Rocamaxour
- 12 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 13 Dordogne markets
- 14 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 15 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 16 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 17 Greece ( 8 Nights)
- 18 northern Portugal
- 19 Is this realistic... advice?
- 20 Potential trip - Balkans
- 21 Making reservations in Italy
- 22 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 23 Euro Quiz #44 - Museum Pourri
- 24 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 25 GPS with rental car in Europe