We are a family of 4 (daughters age 9 & 5) travelling to France in Sept-Oct. After 2 weeks in Paris & Burgundy we will be driving south via Annecy to Cote d'Azur & Provence.
Thank you to StuDudley, we have managed to narrow down our itinerary somewhat, but would love any comments or suggestions before booking & finalising all our accommodation.
We like to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. Love to sample good local cuisine. Don't want to stay in very touristy areas, but still want to be walking distance to main attractions while staying in a town such as Nice, and then alternating with tranquility of a country setting.
We are unsure whether to stay 2 or 3 nights in Nice? Also any recommendation for a family hotel / B&B / guesthouse in Nice or St Tropez? Our budget is 100-200Euros per night. Prefer quirky, character rather than too simple (bland) or modern. Would pay more for something veyr special.
week 1 Paris
week 2 Gite in Clomot, Burgundy
2 nights Annecy
1 night Briancon
Drive to St Paul de Vence, via Entreveux
3 nights St Paul de Vence, base for exploring Cote d'Azur
2 nights in Nice, rest from driving
1 (or two?) nights in St Tropez
5 nights - somewhere in the Luberon area as a base to visit western Provence. Ideally would like to find a 'farmstay' style B&B on a working farm (eg chickens & goats etc for the children... is there such a thing in Provence?)
Return to Paris via Lyon for two nights.
Would love to hear from anyone with experience travelling with children in this region. We'd be interested in some activities such as painting workshops, cooking classes, perfume tours in Grasse etc.
Any ' not to miss' sights and experiences?
Thank you in advance!
Cote d'Azur, Provence itinerary & accommodation, suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 2 Day on the Rhine
- 3 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 4 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 5 Tasting Cellars in Beaune
- 6 Europcar (via Kemwel) - rent GPS at pickup?
- 7 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 8 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 9 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)
- 10 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 11 Trip to Cornwall with senior - logistics assistance please?
- 12 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 13 Train from Milano Malpensa DIRECTLY to Bologna Centrale?
- 14 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 15 Top 5 choices from London
- 16 British Airways Carry-On Luggage - Need Help!
- 17 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 18 Help plan train from Segovia to Toledo
- 19 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 20 Transportation in Paris
- 21 Plan for the Drive from York to Edinburgh
- 22 Spain pre cruise and post cruise stay
- 23 Do American College Student IDs work for free museum entrance
- 24 Switzerland - Trip for 8 days with 2 kids (5&3)
- 25 Trip from Berlin to Romantic Road towns/Bavaria