We are a family of 4 (daughters age 9 & 5) travelling to France in Sept-Oct. After 2 weeks in Paris & Burgundy we will be driving south via Annecy to Cote d'Azur & Provence.
Thank you to StuDudley, we have managed to narrow down our itinerary somewhat, but would love any comments or suggestions before booking & finalising all our accommodation.
We like to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. Love to sample good local cuisine. Don't want to stay in very touristy areas, but still want to be walking distance to main attractions while staying in a town such as Nice, and then alternating with tranquility of a country setting.
We are unsure whether to stay 2 or 3 nights in Nice? Also any recommendation for a family hotel / B&B / guesthouse in Nice or St Tropez? Our budget is 100-200Euros per night. Prefer quirky, character rather than too simple (bland) or modern. Would pay more for something veyr special.
week 1 Paris
week 2 Gite in Clomot, Burgundy
2 nights Annecy
1 night Briancon
Drive to St Paul de Vence, via Entreveux
3 nights St Paul de Vence, base for exploring Cote d'Azur
2 nights in Nice, rest from driving
1 (or two?) nights in St Tropez
5 nights - somewhere in the Luberon area as a base to visit western Provence. Ideally would like to find a 'farmstay' style B&B on a working farm (eg chickens & goats etc for the children... is there such a thing in Provence?)
Return to Paris via Lyon for two nights.
Would love to hear from anyone with experience travelling with children in this region. We'd be interested in some activities such as painting workshops, cooking classes, perfume tours in Grasse etc.
Any ' not to miss' sights and experiences?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 2 Need help paring down my 3 week intinerary Benelux/Germany!
- 3 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week
- 4 Pousadas in Portugal
- 5 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 6 Cheap airfare to Europe?
- 7 Charlotte Bronte at the Soane
- 8 Paris food tours?
- 9 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 10 Lisbon Rental Car Pickup Location
- 11 Lake Maggiore
- 12 Sankt Goar to Cologne
- 13 Athens hotel with - you guessed it - view of the Acropolis
- 14 Classical Music in Milan
- 15 Antiques shopping Rome
- 16 Scotland Trip Planning
- 17 Must sees in Malaga
- 18 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 19 Another Book List for Italy
- 20 Italy train question
- 21 Anyone been to Ikaria, Greece?
- 22 First time to London, Paris and Amsterdam.
- 23 Flight to London - Discount Airlines?
- 24 Two Weeks in Europe
- 25 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
Cote d'Azur, Provence itinerary & accommodation, suggestions?