We are a family of 4 (daughters age 9 & 5) travelling to France in Sept-Oct. After 2 weeks in Paris & Burgundy we will be driving south via Annecy to Cote d'Azur & Provence.
Thank you to StuDudley, we have managed to narrow down our itinerary somewhat, but would love any comments or suggestions before booking & finalising all our accommodation.
We like to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. Love to sample good local cuisine. Don't want to stay in very touristy areas, but still want to be walking distance to main attractions while staying in a town such as Nice, and then alternating with tranquility of a country setting.
We are unsure whether to stay 2 or 3 nights in Nice? Also any recommendation for a family hotel / B&B / guesthouse in Nice or St Tropez? Our budget is 100-200Euros per night. Prefer quirky, character rather than too simple (bland) or modern. Would pay more for something veyr special.
week 1 Paris
week 2 Gite in Clomot, Burgundy
2 nights Annecy
1 night Briancon
Drive to St Paul de Vence, via Entreveux
3 nights St Paul de Vence, base for exploring Cote d'Azur
2 nights in Nice, rest from driving
1 (or two?) nights in St Tropez
5 nights - somewhere in the Luberon area as a base to visit western Provence. Ideally would like to find a 'farmstay' style B&B on a working farm (eg chickens & goats etc for the children... is there such a thing in Provence?)
Return to Paris via Lyon for two nights.
Would love to hear from anyone with experience travelling with children in this region. We'd be interested in some activities such as painting workshops, cooking classes, perfume tours in Grasse etc.
Any ' not to miss' sights and experiences?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece in 15 Days
- 2 Walking Scotland
- 3 Car rental between countries
- 4 Adaptors for Belgium
- 5 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 6 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 7 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 8 Train Ticket Help
- 9 I forgot my international driver permit
- 10 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 11 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 12 Prague old town
- 13 Bordeaux TRIP
- 14 20 free days of Europe
- 15 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 16 Naples or Genoa
- 17 Munich restaurant recs
- 18 Auber metro station incident 27.08.16
- 19 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 20 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 21 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 22 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 23 Home base for a month in France?
- 24 5 Days in Dublin
- 25 Procida for a day (or part of one) versus time on Capri
Cote d'Azur, Provence itinerary & accommodation, suggestions?