We are a family of 4 (daughters age 9 & 5) travelling to France in Sept-Oct. After 2 weeks in Paris & Burgundy we will be driving south via Annecy to Cote d'Azur & Provence.
Thank you to StuDudley, we have managed to narrow down our itinerary somewhat, but would love any comments or suggestions before booking & finalising all our accommodation.
We like to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. Love to sample good local cuisine. Don't want to stay in very touristy areas, but still want to be walking distance to main attractions while staying in a town such as Nice, and then alternating with tranquility of a country setting.
We are unsure whether to stay 2 or 3 nights in Nice? Also any recommendation for a family hotel / B&B / guesthouse in Nice or St Tropez? Our budget is 100-200Euros per night. Prefer quirky, character rather than too simple (bland) or modern. Would pay more for something veyr special.
week 1 Paris
week 2 Gite in Clomot, Burgundy
2 nights Annecy
1 night Briancon
Drive to St Paul de Vence, via Entreveux
3 nights St Paul de Vence, base for exploring Cote d'Azur
2 nights in Nice, rest from driving
1 (or two?) nights in St Tropez
5 nights - somewhere in the Luberon area as a base to visit western Provence. Ideally would like to find a 'farmstay' style B&B on a working farm (eg chickens & goats etc for the children... is there such a thing in Provence?)
Return to Paris via Lyon for two nights.
Would love to hear from anyone with experience travelling with children in this region. We'd be interested in some activities such as painting workshops, cooking classes, perfume tours in Grasse etc.
Any ' not to miss' sights and experiences?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Why doesn't anyone talk about staying in the 2nd arr in Paris? Am I blind?
- 2 cell phone companys
- 3 Beaches in Southern France
- 4 Brixen/ Bressanone: ideas for a few days?
- 5 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 6 Swinoujscie Ferry Arrival
- 7 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 8 Travel between Paris, Normandy and Brugges
- 9 Travel to Karlsrhue
- 10 3 days to spend in europe
- 11 Budget stay in or around Heidelberg
- 12 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 13 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 14 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 15 Affordable French language course in France?
- 16 Budapest on a budget
- 17 Staying in or around Koblenz?
- 18 Roundabout from "European Vacation" movie?
- 19 Italy in October
- 20 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 21 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 22 Vizeat -- Anybody tried it?
- 23 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 24 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 25 Car Rental at Malaga Port
Cote d'Azur, Provence itinerary & accommodation, suggestions?