We are a family of 4 (daughters age 9 & 5) travelling to France in Sept-Oct. After 2 weeks in Paris & Burgundy we will be driving south via Annecy to Cote d'Azur & Provence.
Thank you to StuDudley, we have managed to narrow down our itinerary somewhat, but would love any comments or suggestions before booking & finalising all our accommodation.
We like to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. Love to sample good local cuisine. Don't want to stay in very touristy areas, but still want to be walking distance to main attractions while staying in a town such as Nice, and then alternating with tranquility of a country setting.
We are unsure whether to stay 2 or 3 nights in Nice? Also any recommendation for a family hotel / B&B / guesthouse in Nice or St Tropez? Our budget is 100-200Euros per night. Prefer quirky, character rather than too simple (bland) or modern. Would pay more for something veyr special.
week 1 Paris
week 2 Gite in Clomot, Burgundy
2 nights Annecy
1 night Briancon
Drive to St Paul de Vence, via Entreveux
3 nights St Paul de Vence, base for exploring Cote d'Azur
2 nights in Nice, rest from driving
1 (or two?) nights in St Tropez
5 nights - somewhere in the Luberon area as a base to visit western Provence. Ideally would like to find a 'farmstay' style B&B on a working farm (eg chickens & goats etc for the children... is there such a thing in Provence?)
Return to Paris via Lyon for two nights.
Would love to hear from anyone with experience travelling with children in this region. We'd be interested in some activities such as painting workshops, cooking classes, perfume tours in Grasse etc.
Any ' not to miss' sights and experiences?
Thank you in advance!
Cote d'Azur, Provence itinerary & accommodation, suggestions?
- 1 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 2 Dresden Train Station
- 3 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 4 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 5 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 6 More help with housing in Puglia
- 7 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 8 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 9 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??
- 10 Hotel in belligio, lake Como
- 11 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 12 Chambermaid tipping
- 13 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 14 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 15 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 16 London for Christmas
- 17 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 18 River cruises
- 19 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 20 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 21 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 22 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 23 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 24 7 days in Andalucia
- 25 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome