We are a family of 4 (daughters age 9 & 5) travelling to France in Sept-Oct. After 2 weeks in Paris & Burgundy we will be driving south via Annecy to Cote d'Azur & Provence.
Thank you to StuDudley, we have managed to narrow down our itinerary somewhat, but would love any comments or suggestions before booking & finalising all our accommodation.
We like to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. Love to sample good local cuisine. Don't want to stay in very touristy areas, but still want to be walking distance to main attractions while staying in a town such as Nice, and then alternating with tranquility of a country setting.
We are unsure whether to stay 2 or 3 nights in Nice? Also any recommendation for a family hotel / B&B / guesthouse in Nice or St Tropez? Our budget is 100-200Euros per night. Prefer quirky, character rather than too simple (bland) or modern. Would pay more for something veyr special.
week 1 Paris
week 2 Gite in Clomot, Burgundy
2 nights Annecy
1 night Briancon
Drive to St Paul de Vence, via Entreveux
3 nights St Paul de Vence, base for exploring Cote d'Azur
2 nights in Nice, rest from driving
1 (or two?) nights in St Tropez
5 nights - somewhere in the Luberon area as a base to visit western Provence. Ideally would like to find a 'farmstay' style B&B on a working farm (eg chickens & goats etc for the children... is there such a thing in Provence?)
Return to Paris via Lyon for two nights.
Would love to hear from anyone with experience travelling with children in this region. We'd be interested in some activities such as painting workshops, cooking classes, perfume tours in Grasse etc.
Any ' not to miss' sights and experiences?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where To Buy Caffeine Capsules/Pills In Nice, France
- 2 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 3 Macedonia, Greece
- 4 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 5 3 weeks in Norway and Sweden. Comments, advice please!
- 6 Suggested Itinerary Low Countries, Scotland, Enfland Lake district
- 7 Arriving 23:35 at Marco Polo
- 8 Scotland - Hiking - Fort William or Isle of Skye
- 9 Paris Side Trip: Mont St Michel & Cancale
- 10 Anybody rented from Allure-Apart?
- 11 Breakfast: London
- 12 Europe Itinerary
- 13 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 14 Iceland & Scotland in 7 days: What to do?
- 15 The highlands
- 16 Loch Ewe in NW Scotland...anyone been?
- 17 April 8 - 16, 1 country, 1 male, the best choice?
- 18 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 19 Rhine River
- 20 June '17-Verona Piedmont Liguria?
- 21 Travel plan help in Germany
- 22 Norwway trip report
- 23 Mysterious EuropCar charge 4.5 months after turning in car
- 24 Athens, Greece--transfer from airport to downtown hotel
- 25 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
Cote d'Azur, Provence itinerary & accommodation, suggestions?