We are a family of 4 (daughters age 9 & 5) travelling to France in Sept-Oct. After 2 weeks in Paris & Burgundy we will be driving south via Annecy to Cote d'Azur & Provence.
Thank you to StuDudley, we have managed to narrow down our itinerary somewhat, but would love any comments or suggestions before booking & finalising all our accommodation.
We like to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. Love to sample good local cuisine. Don't want to stay in very touristy areas, but still want to be walking distance to main attractions while staying in a town such as Nice, and then alternating with tranquility of a country setting.
We are unsure whether to stay 2 or 3 nights in Nice? Also any recommendation for a family hotel / B&B / guesthouse in Nice or St Tropez? Our budget is 100-200Euros per night. Prefer quirky, character rather than too simple (bland) or modern. Would pay more for something veyr special.
week 1 Paris
week 2 Gite in Clomot, Burgundy
2 nights Annecy
1 night Briancon
Drive to St Paul de Vence, via Entreveux
3 nights St Paul de Vence, base for exploring Cote d'Azur
2 nights in Nice, rest from driving
1 (or two?) nights in St Tropez
5 nights - somewhere in the Luberon area as a base to visit western Provence. Ideally would like to find a 'farmstay' style B&B on a working farm (eg chickens & goats etc for the children... is there such a thing in Provence?)
Return to Paris via Lyon for two nights.
Would love to hear from anyone with experience travelling with children in this region. We'd be interested in some activities such as painting workshops, cooking classes, perfume tours in Grasse etc.
Any ' not to miss' sights and experiences?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tell me about the Dupleix Metro stop area of Paris
- 2 First Trip to Italy. Need Help on Accommodations in Tuscany
- 3 Should I buy Italy/France flight with Award Miles?!
- 4 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 5 Valencia Oct 6-8 Swim in Sea?
- 6 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 7 Italy, Spain and France
- 8 Restaurant recommendations in Cascais Portugal
- 9 Approx cost of taxi between Sorrento and Positano
- 10 Paris-Best to visit end of October.. or during Christmas time?
- 11 10-day Itinerary Shannon to Southwest and West Ireland
- 12 Montpellier - A few questions
- 13 My summer in Paris
- 14 Do I need a debit/PiIN card in England?
- 15 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 16 Yay or Nay to these "front of the line" Vatican tours?
- 17 November in Greece
- 18 Iphone Charger in a Car in Europe?
- 19 How has Rome changed in last 30 years?
- 20 2 hrs from landing in FCO to FCO direct to Florence
- 21 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 22 Tipping culture in Croatia and the Balkans
- 23 Tipping culture in Croatia and the Balkans
- 24 Dingle Slea Head Tour or Coastline Tour
- 25 Four days in London! What are some must-see sights?
Cote d'Azur, Provence itinerary & accommodation, suggestions?