We are a family of 4 (daughters age 9 & 5) travelling to France in Sept-Oct. After 2 weeks in Paris & Burgundy we will be driving south via Annecy to Cote d'Azur & Provence.
Thank you to StuDudley, we have managed to narrow down our itinerary somewhat, but would love any comments or suggestions before booking & finalising all our accommodation.
We like to walk around and soak up the atmosphere. Love to sample good local cuisine. Don't want to stay in very touristy areas, but still want to be walking distance to main attractions while staying in a town such as Nice, and then alternating with tranquility of a country setting.
We are unsure whether to stay 2 or 3 nights in Nice? Also any recommendation for a family hotel / B&B / guesthouse in Nice or St Tropez? Our budget is 100-200Euros per night. Prefer quirky, character rather than too simple (bland) or modern. Would pay more for something veyr special.
week 1 Paris
week 2 Gite in Clomot, Burgundy
2 nights Annecy
1 night Briancon
Drive to St Paul de Vence, via Entreveux
3 nights St Paul de Vence, base for exploring Cote d'Azur
2 nights in Nice, rest from driving
1 (or two?) nights in St Tropez
5 nights - somewhere in the Luberon area as a base to visit western Provence. Ideally would like to find a 'farmstay' style B&B on a working farm (eg chickens & goats etc for the children... is there such a thing in Provence?)
Return to Paris via Lyon for two nights.
Would love to hear from anyone with experience travelling with children in this region. We'd be interested in some activities such as painting workshops, cooking classes, perfume tours in Grasse etc.
Any ' not to miss' sights and experiences?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 사다리분석 ▼ 접속 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 3 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 4 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 5 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 6 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 7 Istria in two days
- 8 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 9 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 10 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris
- 11 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 12 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 13 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 14 Scotland itinerary help
- 15 Rental Car pick up in Cortana
- 16 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 17 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 18 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 19 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 20 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 21 Info for Edinburgh visit
- 22 Scotland
- 23 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?
- 24 AMBOISE BALLOON RIDE !! out of this world
- 25 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
Cote d'Azur, Provence itinerary & accommodation, suggestions?