I am new to this forum and would really appreciate your advice.
My husband and I and our two teenage boys, ages 15 and 17, will be travelling to the South of France for 15 days (not including travel days) and we are flying in and out of Nice (flights already booked).
We had planned to spend 7 days in the Nice area so we would have the time to see Nice and the surrounding area, including Antibes, Monaco, Eze and Cannes. Is 7 days enough?
However, we do not know where to spend the additional 8 days. We have thought about going to the Italian Riviera, and basing ourselves out of Portofino or Santa Margherita. We have also considered travelling to Corsica, as we have heard it is a beautiful island with some very nice beaches and quaint towns.
We also have recently thought about heading west and spending time in the western part of southern France, as Carcassonne is a place we would love to visit, and we can then drive up to see the Bordeaux region. We have been to the Provence area in a previous trip to France a few years back.
We are confused and need your help. We enjoy visiting medieval towns, taking in a good museum, enjoy local cuisine, being able to walk the old cities at night and would like to spend a few days at least relaxing at a nice beach.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 2 Russia in two weeks in December
- 3 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 4 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 5 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 6 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 7 Christmas Day in Granada
- 8 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 9 car insurance italy
- 10 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 11 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 12 Venice/Mestre
- 13 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 14 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 15 Spanish Medical Providers
- 16 Transylvania - June 2018
- 17 Italy Car Scam
- 18 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 19 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 20 Krakow
- 21 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 22 Quizz !
- 23 Pay attention to your watches !
- 24 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 25 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line