I am new to this forum and would really appreciate your advice.
My husband and I and our two teenage boys, ages 15 and 17, will be travelling to the South of France for 15 days (not including travel days) and we are flying in and out of Nice (flights already booked).
We had planned to spend 7 days in the Nice area so we would have the time to see Nice and the surrounding area, including Antibes, Monaco, Eze and Cannes. Is 7 days enough?
However, we do not know where to spend the additional 8 days. We have thought about going to the Italian Riviera, and basing ourselves out of Portofino or Santa Margherita. We have also considered travelling to Corsica, as we have heard it is a beautiful island with some very nice beaches and quaint towns.
We also have recently thought about heading west and spending time in the western part of southern France, as Carcassonne is a place we would love to visit, and we can then drive up to see the Bordeaux region. We have been to the Provence area in a previous trip to France a few years back.
We are confused and need your help. We enjoy visiting medieval towns, taking in a good museum, enjoy local cuisine, being able to walk the old cities at night and would like to spend a few days at least relaxing at a nice beach.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 2 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 3 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 4 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 5 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 6 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 9 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 10 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 11 Towersey, London
- 12 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 13 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 14 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 15 Amalfi Coast help
- 16 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 17 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 18 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 19 Ireland in April
- 20 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 23 A few days outside Rome
- 24 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 25 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden