I'll be spending my last night (July 7th) in France in Carry-le-Rouet prior to flying out of nearby Marseille airport the following morning. I'll arrive in Carry mid-day via rental car from Cassis. I would like to find a nice coastal hike and a swim break for the afternoon. I've searched posts & the "net" without finding help on this less traveled coast. From Google maps sattelite view, it looks as though there are some nice smaller calanques with beaches east of Carry. Does anyone know if a coastal hiking path exists? Any suggestions? My hotel is downtown Carry. I could certainly drive to some point east to pick up a trail. BTW, I'm 60 (ugh!), female and in pretty good shape but don't want to be climbing any vertical cliffs or treacherous goat paths! I see train tracks running along the coast and have read about the wonderful views along this rail line. Is there a trail alongside? I'd hate to try hiking the tracks and running for cover whenever a train passes. (Humor intended.) Any suggestions are appreciated!
Cote Bleue, Carry-le-Rouet hiking suggestions please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 2 Rome Trip Report -- Nov 1-8
- 3 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 4 Trip Report -- Just Back From Spain
- 5 Northern Europe in April-May
- 6 Lake Como transportation questions
- 7 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 8 Ring of Kerry: worth doing "whole loop"?
- 9 Looking for advice on Christmas Market trip (Germany)
- 10 history museums or locations
- 11 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 12 Granada
- 13 caroline_venezia
- 14 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 15 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 16 5 Observations About Paris
- 17 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 18 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 19 Cylades Island Hopping
- 20 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 21 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 22 Connecting flights. Customs/Security.
- 23 One night stopover in Dolomites, where?
- 24 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 25 Greek Seas- Sailing on the Mediterranean