I'll be spending my last night (July 7th) in France in Carry-le-Rouet prior to flying out of nearby Marseille airport the following morning. I'll arrive in Carry mid-day via rental car from Cassis. I would like to find a nice coastal hike and a swim break for the afternoon. I've searched posts & the "net" without finding help on this less traveled coast. From Google maps sattelite view, it looks as though there are some nice smaller calanques with beaches east of Carry. Does anyone know if a coastal hiking path exists? Any suggestions? My hotel is downtown Carry. I could certainly drive to some point east to pick up a trail. BTW, I'm 60 (ugh!), female and in pretty good shape but don't want to be climbing any vertical cliffs or treacherous goat paths! I see train tracks running along the coast and have read about the wonderful views along this rail line. Is there a trail alongside? I'd hate to try hiking the tracks and running for cover whenever a train passes. (Humor intended.) Any suggestions are appreciated!
Cote Bleue, Carry-le-Rouet hiking suggestions please
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence in October
- 2 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 3 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 4 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 5 first european holiday itinery
- 6 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 7 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 8 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 9 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 10 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 11 7 days in Andalucia
- 12 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 13 To Paris and Provence in June
- 14 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 15 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 16 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 17 London at Easter
- 18 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 19 Health Resort & Medical Spa Panorama Morska Jarosławiec
- 20 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 21 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 22 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 23 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 24 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 25 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport