I'll be spending my last night (July 7th) in France in Carry-le-Rouet prior to flying out of nearby Marseille airport the following morning. I'll arrive in Carry mid-day via rental car from Cassis. I would like to find a nice coastal hike and a swim break for the afternoon. I've searched posts & the "net" without finding help on this less traveled coast. From Google maps sattelite view, it looks as though there are some nice smaller calanques with beaches east of Carry. Does anyone know if a coastal hiking path exists? Any suggestions? My hotel is downtown Carry. I could certainly drive to some point east to pick up a trail. BTW, I'm 60 (ugh!), female and in pretty good shape but don't want to be climbing any vertical cliffs or treacherous goat paths! I see train tracks running along the coast and have read about the wonderful views along this rail line. Is there a trail alongside? I'd hate to try hiking the tracks and running for cover whenever a train passes. (Humor intended.) Any suggestions are appreciated!
Cote Bleue, Carry-le-Rouet hiking suggestions please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 2 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help
- 3 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 4 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 5 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 6 Oktoberfest reservations
- 7 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 8 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 9 Eurostar booking
- 10 Questions for my German friends
- 11 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 12 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 13 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 14 Chip but no PIN
- 15 Good neighborhood to stay in Porto
- 16 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 17 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 18 What to wear
- 19 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 20 italy
- 21 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 22 Stay near Paris
- 23 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 24 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 25 Advance Tickest from Piraeus to Islands?