I'll be spending my last night (July 7th) in France in Carry-le-Rouet prior to flying out of nearby Marseille airport the following morning. I'll arrive in Carry mid-day via rental car from Cassis. I would like to find a nice coastal hike and a swim break for the afternoon. I've searched posts & the "net" without finding help on this less traveled coast. From Google maps sattelite view, it looks as though there are some nice smaller calanques with beaches east of Carry. Does anyone know if a coastal hiking path exists? Any suggestions? My hotel is downtown Carry. I could certainly drive to some point east to pick up a trail. BTW, I'm 60 (ugh!), female and in pretty good shape but don't want to be climbing any vertical cliffs or treacherous goat paths! I see train tracks running along the coast and have read about the wonderful views along this rail line. Is there a trail alongside? I'd hate to try hiking the tracks and running for cover whenever a train passes. (Humor intended.) Any suggestions are appreciated!
Cote Bleue, Carry-le-Rouet hiking suggestions please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 2 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 3 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 4 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 5 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 6 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 7 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 8 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 9 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 10 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 11 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 12 Five nights in Extremadura
- 13 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 14 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 15 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 16 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 17 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 18 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 19 Belarus closes borders with Ukraine - EBOLA alert!
- 20 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 21 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 22 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 23 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 24 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 25 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep