I'll be spending my last night (July 7th) in France in Carry-le-Rouet prior to flying out of nearby Marseille airport the following morning. I'll arrive in Carry mid-day via rental car from Cassis. I would like to find a nice coastal hike and a swim break for the afternoon. I've searched posts & the "net" without finding help on this less traveled coast. From Google maps sattelite view, it looks as though there are some nice smaller calanques with beaches east of Carry. Does anyone know if a coastal hiking path exists? Any suggestions? My hotel is downtown Carry. I could certainly drive to some point east to pick up a trail. BTW, I'm 60 (ugh!), female and in pretty good shape but don't want to be climbing any vertical cliffs or treacherous goat paths! I see train tracks running along the coast and have read about the wonderful views along this rail line. Is there a trail alongside? I'd hate to try hiking the tracks and running for cover whenever a train passes. (Humor intended.) Any suggestions are appreciated!
Cote Bleue, Carry-le-Rouet hiking suggestions please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London - Paris - Venice - Flight & Transport Questions
- 2 Copenhagen - Must see places and time required in city!!
- 3 Paris then Glasgow with 5 kids
- 4 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 5 Trip report: solo female traveler in Spain
- 6 netherlands-Prag-vienne-budapest-munich BY CAR in WINTER?roads?
- 7 Is May Day a big deal in Barcelona?
- 8 Pacsafe Neck Wallet / Women travel and Spain & Seville tips/safety
- 9 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 10 Trip to Pyrenees
- 11 Traveling to Russia and then onto Germany or Austria...Good idea?
- 12 Spain to France Itenerary Question: Plane or Train
- 13 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 14 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 15 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 16 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 17 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 18 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 19 Vacation Pictures
- 20 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 21 Florence/Tuscany and Rome - help with details!!
- 22 Milan/Venice/Como/Milan Train Transportation
- 23 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 24 Touring Europe with 1 year old
- 25 Purse week?