I'll be spending my last night (July 7th) in France in Carry-le-Rouet prior to flying out of nearby Marseille airport the following morning. I'll arrive in Carry mid-day via rental car from Cassis. I would like to find a nice coastal hike and a swim break for the afternoon. I've searched posts & the "net" without finding help on this less traveled coast. From Google maps sattelite view, it looks as though there are some nice smaller calanques with beaches east of Carry. Does anyone know if a coastal hiking path exists? Any suggestions? My hotel is downtown Carry. I could certainly drive to some point east to pick up a trail. BTW, I'm 60 (ugh!), female and in pretty good shape but don't want to be climbing any vertical cliffs or treacherous goat paths! I see train tracks running along the coast and have read about the wonderful views along this rail line. Is there a trail alongside? I'd hate to try hiking the tracks and running for cover whenever a train passes. (Humor intended.) Any suggestions are appreciated!
Cote Bleue, Carry-le-Rouet hiking suggestions please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki
- 2 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 3 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 4 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 5 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 6 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 7 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 8 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 9 Berlin/Prague Itinerary Too Much, Too Little?
- 10 Hotel in Venice
- 11 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 12 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 13 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 14 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 15 Day trip from London to Paris
- 16 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 17 Barcelona to Girona: Rent a Car or just take the train?
- 18 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 19 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 20 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 21 Dare I ask a Transportation Question?
- 22 A Winter Wander – Engadine and Berner Oberland
- 23 Calling Jamikins
- 24 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 25 From CDG to the Seventh?