I am going to be visiting the UK from the USA for a few weeks. I already have a unlocked GSM phone and all I need is a SIM CARD and I need to load it up to use. My question is can I buy a sim card at a fueling station or shop where I am able to buy a SIM and Top up the card or do I need to get a SIM in advance? Also How much do the SIM cards cost in the shops? I am looking for a SIM CARD carrier that have good rates to call back to the USA and that has good coverage. Do I need to worry about roaming or any such? I will only be in London, Birmingham areas.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 2 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 3 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 4 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 5 Shoes in Scotland
- 6 Engadine Valley help
- 7 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 8 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 9 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 10 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 11 Naples, Italy
- 12 Ireland in April
- 13 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 14 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 15 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 16 French restaurants
- 17 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 18 Tuscany 6 nights
- 19 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 22 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 23 Planning a European Trip
- 24 France & Italy, May or June
- 25 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March