I am going to be visiting the UK from the USA for a few weeks. I already have a unlocked GSM phone and all I need is a SIM CARD and I need to load it up to use. My question is can I buy a sim card at a fueling station or shop where I am able to buy a SIM and Top up the card or do I need to get a SIM in advance? Also How much do the SIM cards cost in the shops? I am looking for a SIM CARD carrier that have good rates to call back to the USA and that has good coverage. Do I need to worry about roaming or any such? I will only be in London, Birmingham areas.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 3 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 4 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 5 Praiano
- 6 Rouen Tour Companies
- 7 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 8 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 9 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 10 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 11 Ireland itinerary help please
- 12 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 13 Ronda Wine/biking
- 14 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 15 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 16 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 17 Perugia
- 18 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 19 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 20 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 21 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 22 Areas in Milan
- 23 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 24 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 25 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!