I am going to be visiting the UK from the USA for a few weeks. I already have a unlocked GSM phone and all I need is a SIM CARD and I need to load it up to use. My question is can I buy a sim card at a fueling station or shop where I am able to buy a SIM and Top up the card or do I need to get a SIM in advance? Also How much do the SIM cards cost in the shops? I am looking for a SIM CARD carrier that have good rates to call back to the USA and that has good coverage. Do I need to worry about roaming or any such? I will only be in London, Birmingham areas.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luggage on trains/security?
- 2 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 3 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 4 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 5 The Rain in Spain and more
- 6 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 7 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 8 Travelling in October need some guidance
- 9 I'm Croatian, ask me anything!
- 10 Family Trip to Copenhagen, Norwegian Fjords, Sweden Schedule?
- 11 The DCC scam is spreading
- 12 London Paris
- 13 Large luggage lockers at Gare du Nord
- 14 Need accommodation advice for staying in central London
- 15 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 16 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 17 What clothes?
- 18 Cheap SIM cards for iPhones in Paris
- 19 Going to Den Bosch to See the Bosch Exhibit?
- 20 Family vacation near Amsterdam
- 21 Advice for Florence & Rome with Baby
- 22 Car to Heathrow: what time to order?
- 23 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 24 GPS vs Google Maps
- 25 One week trip in early May in the fjords region in Norway