I am going to be visiting the UK from the USA for a few weeks. I already have a unlocked GSM phone and all I need is a SIM CARD and I need to load it up to use. My question is can I buy a sim card at a fueling station or shop where I am able to buy a SIM and Top up the card or do I need to get a SIM in advance? Also How much do the SIM cards cost in the shops? I am looking for a SIM CARD carrier that have good rates to call back to the USA and that has good coverage. Do I need to worry about roaming or any such? I will only be in London, Birmingham areas.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vuerling airlines
- 2 Europe itinerary
- 3 France for a month in 2017
- 4 Venice Film Fest
- 5 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 6 All of Spain or something else..?
- 7 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 8 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 9 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium and France
- 10 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 11 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 12 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 13 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 14 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 15 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 16 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 17 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 18 evening of song and dance
- 19 Naples or Genoa
- 20 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 21 SIM card
- 22 Our time in Rome
- 23 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 24 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 25 Suicide bombing in Ansbach