Hi! My husband and I are thinking of a European holiday in Jan/Feb 2015. We are both teachers and in our early 50's. We would probably stay in the lower to mid range hotels, hire a car wherever possible and eat out mainly in the evenings (we would be more frugal for breakfast and lunch). Places of interest include Greece, Italy, Croatia and London (perhaps). We would like to travel for 4 to 5 weeks. I have never been to Europe and have no idea of the costs involved. Would anyone like to assist me with a projection of how much they think this holiday could cost, travelling from Australia? We really need a starting point to save for. I know there are many many factors involved but I am really only asking for an estimation. Thankyou for any assistance you can give.
Cost of European Holiday
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 2 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 3 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 4 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 5 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 6 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 7 Toulouse and beyond -
- 8 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 9 Le Grand Depart and Yorkshire Festival
- 10 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 11 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 12 cheapest way to get from greece to turkey
- 13 Munich
- 14 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 15 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 16 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 17 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 18 Munich with a car?
- 19 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 21 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 22 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 23 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 24 Itinerary Help!
- 25 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days