Hi! My husband and I are thinking of a European holiday in Jan/Feb 2015. We are both teachers and in our early 50's. We would probably stay in the lower to mid range hotels, hire a car wherever possible and eat out mainly in the evenings (we would be more frugal for breakfast and lunch). Places of interest include Greece, Italy, Croatia and London (perhaps). We would like to travel for 4 to 5 weeks. I have never been to Europe and have no idea of the costs involved. Would anyone like to assist me with a projection of how much they think this holiday could cost, travelling from Australia? We really need a starting point to save for. I know there are many many factors involved but I am really only asking for an estimation. Thankyou for any assistance you can give.
Cost of European Holiday
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Fun things to do in Copenhagen
- 2 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 3 British drivers
- 4 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 5 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 6 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 7 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 8 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 9 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 10 A full week in The Netherlands
- 11 Prague Main Train Station
- 12 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 13 Spain Travel
- 14 Venice in Jan
- 15 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 16 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 17 Southern France
- 18 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 19 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 20 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 21 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 22 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 23 Public transport from Ostuni
- 24 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 25 Itinerary Questions