Hi! My husband and I are thinking of a European holiday in Jan/Feb 2015. We are both teachers and in our early 50's. We would probably stay in the lower to mid range hotels, hire a car wherever possible and eat out mainly in the evenings (we would be more frugal for breakfast and lunch). Places of interest include Greece, Italy, Croatia and London (perhaps). We would like to travel for 4 to 5 weeks. I have never been to Europe and have no idea of the costs involved. Would anyone like to assist me with a projection of how much they think this holiday could cost, travelling from Australia? We really need a starting point to save for. I know there are many many factors involved but I am really only asking for an estimation. Thankyou for any assistance you can give.
Cost of European Holiday
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 2 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 3 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 4 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 5 Dublin to Armagh?
- 6 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 7 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 8 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 9 Trains in Italy
- 10 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 11 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 12 England and Scotland
- 13 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 14 Air pollution in Paris
- 15 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 16 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 17 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 18 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 19 Naxos in May
- 20 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 21 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 22 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 23 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 24 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 25 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger