Hi! My husband and I are thinking of a European holiday in Jan/Feb 2015. We are both teachers and in our early 50's. We would probably stay in the lower to mid range hotels, hire a car wherever possible and eat out mainly in the evenings (we would be more frugal for breakfast and lunch). Places of interest include Greece, Italy, Croatia and London (perhaps). We would like to travel for 4 to 5 weeks. I have never been to Europe and have no idea of the costs involved. Would anyone like to assist me with a projection of how much they think this holiday could cost, travelling from Australia? We really need a starting point to save for. I know there are many many factors involved but I am really only asking for an estimation. Thankyou for any assistance you can give.
Cost of European Holiday
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 malaga to madrid train ?
- 2 By train to and out of Prague
- 3 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 4 How to split 21 days between moscow and saint petersburg
- 5 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 6 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 7 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 8 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 9 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 10 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 11 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 12 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 13 Budget family trip to Europe
- 14 Berlin
- 15 5 Observations About Paris
- 16 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 17 Guidebook for Iceland
- 18 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 19 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 20 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 21 Airport ATMs
- 22 visa question
- 23 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 24 Pasteurized Cheese in Paris
- 25 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR