Hi! My husband and I are thinking of a European holiday in Jan/Feb 2015. We are both teachers and in our early 50's. We would probably stay in the lower to mid range hotels, hire a car wherever possible and eat out mainly in the evenings (we would be more frugal for breakfast and lunch). Places of interest include Greece, Italy, Croatia and London (perhaps). We would like to travel for 4 to 5 weeks. I have never been to Europe and have no idea of the costs involved. Would anyone like to assist me with a projection of how much they think this holiday could cost, travelling from Australia? We really need a starting point to save for. I know there are many many factors involved but I am really only asking for an estimation. Thankyou for any assistance you can give.
Cost of European Holiday
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 2 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 3 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 4 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 5 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 6 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 7 Dordogne lodging
- 8 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 9 I Got Tear Gassed In Pristina
- 10 Rocamaxour
- 11 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 12 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 13 Dordogne markets
- 14 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 15 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 16 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 17 Greece ( 8 Nights)
- 18 northern Portugal
- 19 Is this realistic... advice?
- 20 Potential trip - Balkans
- 21 Making reservations in Italy
- 22 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 23 Euro Quiz #44 - Museum Pourri
- 24 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 25 GPS with rental car in Europe