Hi! My husband and I are thinking of a European holiday in Jan/Feb 2015. We are both teachers and in our early 50's. We would probably stay in the lower to mid range hotels, hire a car wherever possible and eat out mainly in the evenings (we would be more frugal for breakfast and lunch). Places of interest include Greece, Italy, Croatia and London (perhaps). We would like to travel for 4 to 5 weeks. I have never been to Europe and have no idea of the costs involved. Would anyone like to assist me with a projection of how much they think this holiday could cost, travelling from Australia? We really need a starting point to save for. I know there are many many factors involved but I am really only asking for an estimation. Thankyou for any assistance you can give.
Cost of European Holiday
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 2 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 3 Italian cooking classes
- 4 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 5 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 6 Breaking out of the Nutshell: Oslo, Bergen, the Sognefjord and Copenhagen
- 7 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 8 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 9 Fjords, How To?
- 10 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 11 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 12 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 13 Budget for 3 Month's
- 14 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 15 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 16 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 17 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 18 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 19 London visit
- 20 Questions for my German friends
- 21 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 22 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 23 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 24 21 Days in Central Europe
- 25 Driving to Paris... Parking?