I am looking to book an escourted tour though Ireland in July. I realize that a fully guided tour is going to give up some of the convenience and positives of travel. I will only be 19 at the time of the trip, that I have never been to Europe before, this is my first trip alone, and that I come from an area that doesn't have ANY public transportation, I have decided that this would be the best/safest way for me to travel without being wracked with nerves all the time (and prevent the family at home from being even more concerned)
I am looking at a cosmos tour (Ireland Explorer) Do you have any advice/experience with this tour? Do you know of another tour company that might be better while keeping the price approx $1500 and has a roomsharing option? (I looked at a similar tour through CIE but they don't offer roomsharing so it went way above my budget)
I am planning this trip with the attitude that "You get what you put in." I'm determined I am going to have a good time and am not expecting to travel in luxury (that being said, I don't want to travel like cattle either)
Let me know if you have any insight or advice. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 2 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 3 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 4 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 5 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 6 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 7 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 8 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 9 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 10 Help on ancient history route
- 11 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 12 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 13 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 14 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 15 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 16 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 17 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 18 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 19 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 20 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 21 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 22 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 23 Hotels in Turin
- 24 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 25 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person