I am looking to book an escourted tour though Ireland in July. I realize that a fully guided tour is going to give up some of the convenience and positives of travel. I will only be 19 at the time of the trip, that I have never been to Europe before, this is my first trip alone, and that I come from an area that doesn't have ANY public transportation, I have decided that this would be the best/safest way for me to travel without being wracked with nerves all the time (and prevent the family at home from being even more concerned)
I am looking at a cosmos tour (Ireland Explorer) Do you have any advice/experience with this tour? Do you know of another tour company that might be better while keeping the price approx $1500 and has a roomsharing option? (I looked at a similar tour through CIE but they don't offer roomsharing so it went way above my budget)
I am planning this trip with the attitude that "You get what you put in." I'm determined I am going to have a good time and am not expecting to travel in luxury (that being said, I don't want to travel like cattle either)
Let me know if you have any insight or advice. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 2 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 3 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 4 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 7 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 8 Questions about Polish sights
- 9 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 10 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 11 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 12 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 13 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 14 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 15 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 16 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 17 Ireland travel passport question
- 18 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 19 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 20 Italy
- 21 Revised itinerary for italy
- 22 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 23 Juangfrau / mt
- 24 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 25 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)