This is my first time on this site, and I must say, there is so much information available! Thank you all so much!
I will be leaving for my first trip to Europe on the 15th of June. I will be doing the 13 day European Jewels tour by Cosmos and will be travelling solo. I am a 24 year old female, and haven't travelled very much, especially not alone, so I thought a guided tour would be the best way to figure out what I want to explore in Europe in the future. I definitely realize that bus tours can be very structured, and I'm going to be seeing the "touristy" sites, but I have realistic expectations of what the tour will offer me.
My only concern is with the age groups that are on the Cosmos tour. I'm a very outgoing person, so I'm sure if there are people willing to accept me into their groups, I'll make friends and have a lot of fun. I'm also curious if any of you experienced travellers can give me tips on how to save space packing... where the best cities to splurge my budget on dining are.. etc. I'll be visiting London/ Amsterdam/ Germany- the Rhineland/ Munich/ Innsbruck/ Venice/ Florence/ Lake Lucerne/ & Finally Paris in that order... (I know... It's a lot in a short period of time...)
The tour will provide guides in the cities for me, but I'll have to decide soon on what optional tours I should purchase- Maybe I'll just venture on my own for these... When I get this info from the tour company, maybe some of you can help me decide.
Oh, and if there are any other Cosmos travellers out there, I'd love to hear from you!
Cosmos- European Jewels Tour
- 1 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 2 Paris 2 bedroom/2bathroom apartment you would recommend?
- 3 Yet another train question......
- 4 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 5 Transportation for 7 ladies from Marais apartment to only airport
- 6 Chatham Dockyards Need a Whole Day?
- 7 Our 4 weeks in Turkey - Trip Report
- 8 Stonehenge
- 9 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 10 Chip-and-PIN cards again
- 11 Getting the best our of Europe
- 12 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 13 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 14 hotels in Milan, Italy
- 15 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 16 14 days Ireland/Scotland Trip Report
- 17 Reichstag tickets
- 18 Paris Ticket t+
- 19 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 20 Sussex Day Out Which Option to Choose?
- 21 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 22 One week in Norway
- 23 Driving Through Adriatic Italy
- 24 Day trip or 1 night in Paris from London (w 7y/o & visiting Disney)
- 25 Am I too fat too travel?