We are off too Corsica at the end of April likely for about 2 weeks
I would like to centre myself in one area in the north and one area in the south-I will be renting a house /apartment with great views and terrace in each area as we like to cook on holiday and not eat out all the time and of course have all the space to relax in
We plan on including several half and full day hikes as well as scenic drives and exploring a variety of villages and towns
Where would you suggest for both areas?
I prefer a nature environment " but am worried that some of the areas that look a little less urbanized may be unpractical to use as a base for exploring the island
But I sure do love the rugged beauty of the island and the spectacular views that I have seen in pictures and that I have seen in documentaries
We probably would stay on the west side of the island
I have sent out a slew of inquiries already to homeowners and many have responded-this is so much fun!!
I look forward to your suggestions
Corsica-Good bases to explore from
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 20 days in Germany
- 2 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 3 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 4 Trains in Italy
- 5 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 6 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 7 Air pollution in Paris
- 8 France, Italy and Greec
- 9 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 10 Rome---August and September
- 11 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 12 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 13 Dinner cruise in Paris
- 14 Help With Vienna
- 15 Good Hotels around Gare Montparnasse
- 16 Amazing customer services, i rented a 3g wi-fi device IUGO GADGETS FOR RENT
- 17 Using Euros and Visa Travel Money Debit Card in the Baltics and Russia
- 18 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 19 South of France November Trip Report
- 20 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 21 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 22 Dresden or Leipzig
- 23 Olive oil disaster in 2014
- 24 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 25 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City