We are off too Corsica at the end of April likely for about 2 weeks
I would like to centre myself in one area in the north and one area in the south-I will be renting a house /apartment with great views and terrace in each area as we like to cook on holiday and not eat out all the time and of course have all the space to relax in
We plan on including several half and full day hikes as well as scenic drives and exploring a variety of villages and towns
Where would you suggest for both areas?
I prefer a nature environment " but am worried that some of the areas that look a little less urbanized may be unpractical to use as a base for exploring the island
But I sure do love the rugged beauty of the island and the spectacular views that I have seen in pictures and that I have seen in documentaries
We probably would stay on the west side of the island
I have sent out a slew of inquiries already to homeowners and many have responded-this is so much fun!!
I look forward to your suggestions
Corsica-Good bases to explore from
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 2 A Sardinia trip report
- 3 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 4 Eastern Europe
- 5 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 6 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 7 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 8 Azores
- 9 Coffee in Naples
- 10 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 11 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 12 22 year olds in Europe
- 13 Granada
- 14 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 15 All Set To Go!!
- 16 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 17 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 18 4 weeks in the UK
- 19 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 20 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 21 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 22 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 23 First time to Switzerland
- 24 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 25 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions