We are off too Corsica at the end of April likely for about 2 weeks
I would like to centre myself in one area in the north and one area in the south-I will be renting a house /apartment with great views and terrace in each area as we like to cook on holiday and not eat out all the time and of course have all the space to relax in
We plan on including several half and full day hikes as well as scenic drives and exploring a variety of villages and towns
Where would you suggest for both areas?
I prefer a nature environment " but am worried that some of the areas that look a little less urbanized may be unpractical to use as a base for exploring the island
But I sure do love the rugged beauty of the island and the spectacular views that I have seen in pictures and that I have seen in documentaries
We probably would stay on the west side of the island
I have sent out a slew of inquiries already to homeowners and many have responded-this is so much fun!!
I look forward to your suggestions
Corsica-Good bases to explore from
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 2 I need a haircut
- 3 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 4 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 5 We Need a Pact
- 6 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 7 Madrid and London
- 8 Monet in Normandy
- 9 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 10 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 11 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 12 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 13 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 14 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 15 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 16 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 17 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 18 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 19 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 20 german rail ticket question
- 21 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 22 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 23 flea markets in France
- 24 Italy vacation rental help
- 25 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence