We are off too Corsica at the end of April likely for about 2 weeks
I would like to centre myself in one area in the north and one area in the south-I will be renting a house /apartment with great views and terrace in each area as we like to cook on holiday and not eat out all the time and of course have all the space to relax in
We plan on including several half and full day hikes as well as scenic drives and exploring a variety of villages and towns
Where would you suggest for both areas?
I prefer a nature environment " but am worried that some of the areas that look a little less urbanized may be unpractical to use as a base for exploring the island
But I sure do love the rugged beauty of the island and the spectacular views that I have seen in pictures and that I have seen in documentaries
We probably would stay on the west side of the island
I have sent out a slew of inquiries already to homeowners and many have responded-this is so much fun!!
I look forward to your suggestions
Corsica-Good bases to explore from
- 1 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 2 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 3 Dresden Train Station
- 4 Rome Accommodation
- 5 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 6 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 7 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 8 Chambermaid tipping
- 9 To Paris and Provence in June
- 10 London for Christmas
- 11 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 12 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 13 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 14 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 15 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 16 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 17 Has anyone used Airfare.com?
- 18 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 19 Greek islands from Turkey
- 20 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 21 rent car / Munich
- 22 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 23 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 24 Italian Lakes gardens
- 25 Walking shoes for London and Paris