We are off too Corsica at the end of April likely for about 2 weeks
I would like to centre myself in one area in the north and one area in the south-I will be renting a house /apartment with great views and terrace in each area as we like to cook on holiday and not eat out all the time and of course have all the space to relax in
We plan on including several half and full day hikes as well as scenic drives and exploring a variety of villages and towns
Where would you suggest for both areas?
I prefer a nature environment " but am worried that some of the areas that look a little less urbanized may be unpractical to use as a base for exploring the island
But I sure do love the rugged beauty of the island and the spectacular views that I have seen in pictures and that I have seen in documentaries
We probably would stay on the west side of the island
I have sent out a slew of inquiries already to homeowners and many have responded-this is so much fun!!
I look forward to your suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 2 Back from Paris
- 3 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 4 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 5 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 6 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 7 Summer Travel order
- 8 10 days in Paris and......
- 9 Another tipping question: concierges
- 10 Brugge hotel help
- 11 Luggage Storage
- 12 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 13 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 14 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 15 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 16 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 17 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 18 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 19 LIsbon
- 20 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 21 International Flight Question
- 22 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 23 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 24 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 25 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base