We are off too Corsica at the end of April likely for about 2 weeks
I would like to centre myself in one area in the north and one area in the south-I will be renting a house /apartment with great views and terrace in each area as we like to cook on holiday and not eat out all the time and of course have all the space to relax in
We plan on including several half and full day hikes as well as scenic drives and exploring a variety of villages and towns
Where would you suggest for both areas?
I prefer a nature environment " but am worried that some of the areas that look a little less urbanized may be unpractical to use as a base for exploring the island
But I sure do love the rugged beauty of the island and the spectacular views that I have seen in pictures and that I have seen in documentaries
We probably would stay on the west side of the island
I have sent out a slew of inquiries already to homeowners and many have responded-this is so much fun!!
I look forward to your suggestions
Corsica-Good bases to explore from
- 1 I'm Boycotting Switzerland And I'm Glad Belgium Makes Great Chocolate Too!
- 2 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 3 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 4 Benita In Paris
- 5 Paris and Amsterdam July 2013 trip
- 6 Driving through Europe
- 7 Romania Tour Guide
- 8 Transportation from Barcelona airport to Li Riberia
- 9 Best Area to Stay in Paris
- 10 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 11 Travel from Sorrento to Naples in the early morning?
- 12 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 13 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 14 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!
- 15 Help Needed with European Adventure
- 16 Places to visit from London
- 17 Nice agriturismo or country apartments/villa near Bologna
- 18 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 19 Renting Apartment in Nice
- 20 Do and don't, eating in France
- 21 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 22 Who is along for the ride???Still needing help on this INTERESTING trip
- 23 Getting the best our of Europe
- 24 Mykonos, Greece Ferry Help Please
- 25 Help with Spain Trip in Late August