In the early stages of planning. We would like to spend some time in Cornwall this July and are very flexible with days. We will be coming from 5 days in Alsace, France and really not certain how to begin, where and when to rent the car, or where to base.
I figured we'd overnight in Wells or someplace like that on our way down.
If at all possible, we would like to see St Ives, Port Isaac, Minack Theatre, St Michaels Mount, Mousehole, Megavissey, Polperro, and enjoy long coastal cliff walks. We plan on working our way up to Devon(Lynmouth and Exmoor)after our Cornwall stay, and then a long drive to Chester from there. Very open at this point. Ideally, 5 days in each county would be nice.
We had so much terrific advice last year for our trip to Suffolk, Sussex, and Dorset. The year before that we visited The Cotswolds, Shropshire, Lakes and Yorkshire, so we now are very excited to visit the West Country which so many English travelers have urged us to investigate!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 2 4 week trip Turkey
- 3 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 4 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 5 Rue des Rosiers
- 6 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 7 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 8 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 9 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 10 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 11 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 12 1&1/2 day 1 night in helsinki
- 13 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 14 Scotland Trip
- 15 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 16 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 17 Advices about our itiniary
- 18 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 19 First trip to Italy-2 weeks with a 9 year old
- 20 Paris Under Seige...
- 21 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 22 What to take to Germany
- 23 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 24 Riga / Vecaki from a birds Eye
- 25 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice