In the early stages of planning. We would like to spend some time in Cornwall this July and are very flexible with days. We will be coming from 5 days in Alsace, France and really not certain how to begin, where and when to rent the car, or where to base.
I figured we'd overnight in Wells or someplace like that on our way down.
If at all possible, we would like to see St Ives, Port Isaac, Minack Theatre, St Michaels Mount, Mousehole, Megavissey, Polperro, and enjoy long coastal cliff walks. We plan on working our way up to Devon(Lynmouth and Exmoor)after our Cornwall stay, and then a long drive to Chester from there. Very open at this point. Ideally, 5 days in each county would be nice.
We had so much terrific advice last year for our trip to Suffolk, Sussex, and Dorset. The year before that we visited The Cotswolds, Shropshire, Lakes and Yorkshire, so we now are very excited to visit the West Country which so many English travelers have urged us to investigate!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 2 One in Paris ... help
- 3 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 4 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 5 T Mobile Does it Again
- 6 Which order should I travel
- 7 Which order should I travel
- 8 Which order should I travel
- 9 Strasbourg sights and day trips
- 10 Train questions for Switzerland
- 11 First timers to Italy
- 12 Traveling from Vienna to Berlin
- 13 SWITZERLAND IN 5 SUMMER DAYS
- 14 Italy by Train - Sequence Recommendations
- 15 7 days St Moritz, Interlaken, Zermatt
- 16 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 17 Itinerary Help
- 18 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 19 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 20 Hungary itinerary Help
- 21 Dolomites October 14-18
- 22 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 23 Lyon
- 24 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 25 European Championship