In the early stages of planning. We would like to spend some time in Cornwall this July and are very flexible with days. We will be coming from 5 days in Alsace, France and really not certain how to begin, where and when to rent the car, or where to base.
I figured we'd overnight in Wells or someplace like that on our way down.
If at all possible, we would like to see St Ives, Port Isaac, Minack Theatre, St Michaels Mount, Mousehole, Megavissey, Polperro, and enjoy long coastal cliff walks. We plan on working our way up to Devon(Lynmouth and Exmoor)after our Cornwall stay, and then a long drive to Chester from there. Very open at this point. Ideally, 5 days in each county would be nice.
We had so much terrific advice last year for our trip to Suffolk, Sussex, and Dorset. The year before that we visited The Cotswolds, Shropshire, Lakes and Yorkshire, so we now are very excited to visit the West Country which so many English travelers have urged us to investigate!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 2 Ireland Trip + 3 days in Dublin
- 3 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 4 12 days europe
- 5 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 6 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 7 Christmas Week in London
- 8 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 9 Too much for one day?
- 10 Travel WiFi - France
- 11 Travel from Dublin Airport to Sligo City
- 12 Italy for the first time
- 13 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 14 RFID Protection
- 15 Iceland: The Land of Fire and Ice
- 16 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 17 Germany and Austria trip report
- 18 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 19 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 20 London Itinerary and Questions
- 21 Beaches in Southern France
- 22 3 days to spend in europe
- 23 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 24 Ali
- 25 Paris to Ramstein