In the early stages of planning. We would like to spend some time in Cornwall this July and are very flexible with days. We will be coming from 5 days in Alsace, France and really not certain how to begin, where and when to rent the car, or where to base.
I figured we'd overnight in Wells or someplace like that on our way down.
If at all possible, we would like to see St Ives, Port Isaac, Minack Theatre, St Michaels Mount, Mousehole, Megavissey, Polperro, and enjoy long coastal cliff walks. We plan on working our way up to Devon(Lynmouth and Exmoor)after our Cornwall stay, and then a long drive to Chester from there. Very open at this point. Ideally, 5 days in each county would be nice.
We had so much terrific advice last year for our trip to Suffolk, Sussex, and Dorset. The year before that we visited The Cotswolds, Shropshire, Lakes and Yorkshire, so we now are very excited to visit the West Country which so many English travelers have urged us to investigate!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Football Tickets - Athens
- 2 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 3 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 4 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 5 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 6 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 7 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 8 Last minute trip to Capri
- 9 3nights in Venice
- 10 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 11 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 12 Earthquake near Naples
- 13 Budapest to Kosice
- 14 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 15 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 16 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 17 Paris in November
- 18 My 3 days in Venice
- 19 multi city flights to europe
- 20 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 21 Travel from Kensington, London to Cambridge
- 22 One week in Europe
- 23 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 24 London Theater
- 25 Tracking the Weather