In the early stages of planning. We would like to spend some time in Cornwall this July and are very flexible with days. We will be coming from 5 days in Alsace, France and really not certain how to begin, where and when to rent the car, or where to base.
I figured we'd overnight in Wells or someplace like that on our way down.
If at all possible, we would like to see St Ives, Port Isaac, Minack Theatre, St Michaels Mount, Mousehole, Megavissey, Polperro, and enjoy long coastal cliff walks. We plan on working our way up to Devon(Lynmouth and Exmoor)after our Cornwall stay, and then a long drive to Chester from there. Very open at this point. Ideally, 5 days in each county would be nice.
We had so much terrific advice last year for our trip to Suffolk, Sussex, and Dorset. The year before that we visited The Cotswolds, Shropshire, Lakes and Yorkshire, so we now are very excited to visit the West Country which so many English travelers have urged us to investigate!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 2 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 3 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 4 4 or 5 nights Berlin
- 5 Poland in September
- 6 Why I loved Riga (Latvia)
- 7 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 8 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 9 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 10 train from ams to paris
- 11 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 12 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 13 Help with my 9 week Europe Itinerary
- 14 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 15 Scotland Advise: Isle of Skye or Glen Coe
- 16 Cordoba or Granada?
- 17 Apartments in Lisbon-Neighbouhood?
- 18 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 19 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 20 Using Kindle, Netflix, Amazon Prime in Europe
- 21 3 nights in Tuscany
- 22 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 23 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 24 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 25 Munich, Germany