In the early stages of planning. We would like to spend some time in Cornwall this July and are very flexible with days. We will be coming from 5 days in Alsace, France and really not certain how to begin, where and when to rent the car, or where to base.
I figured we'd overnight in Wells or someplace like that on our way down.
If at all possible, we would like to see St Ives, Port Isaac, Minack Theatre, St Michaels Mount, Mousehole, Megavissey, Polperro, and enjoy long coastal cliff walks. We plan on working our way up to Devon(Lynmouth and Exmoor)after our Cornwall stay, and then a long drive to Chester from there. Very open at this point. Ideally, 5 days in each county would be nice.
We had so much terrific advice last year for our trip to Suffolk, Sussex, and Dorset. The year before that we visited The Cotswolds, Shropshire, Lakes and Yorkshire, so we now are very excited to visit the West Country which so many English travelers have urged us to investigate!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Talk to me about Mallorca...
- 2 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 Italy Car Scam
- 5 Portugal - 1st timers. Advice please...
- 6 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 7 Mallorca or Ibiza in Late march/Early april?
- 8 One way car rentals from Croatia to Greece
- 9 Russia in two weeks in December
- 10 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 11 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 12 Norway Honeymoon
- 13 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 14 Schengen Rule
- 15 Quizz !
- 16 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 17 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 18 Trip Report 14th-17th October
- 19 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 20 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 21 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 22 Amalfi Coast - November - Few Questions/Queries in our mind
- 23 9 Days in Spain
- 24 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 25 It’s Thursday, it must be Seyðisfjörður. A 10 day Iceland road trip