In the early stages of planning. We would like to spend some time in Cornwall this July and are very flexible with days. We will be coming from 5 days in Alsace, France and really not certain how to begin, where and when to rent the car, or where to base.
I figured we'd overnight in Wells or someplace like that on our way down.
If at all possible, we would like to see St Ives, Port Isaac, Minack Theatre, St Michaels Mount, Mousehole, Megavissey, Polperro, and enjoy long coastal cliff walks. We plan on working our way up to Devon(Lynmouth and Exmoor)after our Cornwall stay, and then a long drive to Chester from there. Very open at this point. Ideally, 5 days in each county would be nice.
We had so much terrific advice last year for our trip to Suffolk, Sussex, and Dorset. The year before that we visited The Cotswolds, Shropshire, Lakes and Yorkshire, so we now are very excited to visit the West Country which so many English travelers have urged us to investigate!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland Question
- 2 Spain.. suggestions please
- 3 How hard (for an American) to drive in Yorkshire?
- 4 Afternoon Tea @ London
- 5 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 6 Luggage on trains/security?
- 7 Family vacation near Amsterdam
- 8 London dining service charge
- 9 London Paris
- 10 The DCC scam is spreading
- 11 What clothes?
- 12 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 13 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 14 Vienna - Site seeing help
- 15 the reality that it helps
- 16 Venice to Positano
- 17 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 18 I'm Croatian, ask me anything!
- 19 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 20 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 21 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 22 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 23 Minimum connect time Istanbul Ataturk airport
- 24 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 25 Scandinavia????