In the early stages of planning. We would like to spend some time in Cornwall this July and are very flexible with days. We will be coming from 5 days in Alsace, France and really not certain how to begin, where and when to rent the car, or where to base.
I figured we'd overnight in Wells or someplace like that on our way down.
If at all possible, we would like to see St Ives, Port Isaac, Minack Theatre, St Michaels Mount, Mousehole, Megavissey, Polperro, and enjoy long coastal cliff walks. We plan on working our way up to Devon(Lynmouth and Exmoor)after our Cornwall stay, and then a long drive to Chester from there. Very open at this point. Ideally, 5 days in each county would be nice.
We had so much terrific advice last year for our trip to Suffolk, Sussex, and Dorset. The year before that we visited The Cotswolds, Shropshire, Lakes and Yorkshire, so we now are very excited to visit the West Country which so many English travelers have urged us to investigate!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 2 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 3 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 4 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 5 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 6 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 7 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 8 Croatia: Zagreb to Dubrovnik HELP
- 9 Antwerp Tram
- 10 Trip report European honeymoon
- 11 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 12 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 13 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 14 Day trip from Split to Hvar - to Stari Grad or Hvar City?
- 15 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 16 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 17 Alhambra
- 18 Hotels in Barcelona Madrid and Granada
- 19 Provence Lavender fields in July
- 20 Balloch to the Isle of Skye
- 21 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 22 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 23 Driving Croatia, Montenegro & Albania
- 24 Travel From Copenhagen-late October
- 25 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.