In the early stages of planning. We would like to spend some time in Cornwall this July and are very flexible with days. We will be coming from 5 days in Alsace, France and really not certain how to begin, where and when to rent the car, or where to base.
I figured we'd overnight in Wells or someplace like that on our way down.
If at all possible, we would like to see St Ives, Port Isaac, Minack Theatre, St Michaels Mount, Mousehole, Megavissey, Polperro, and enjoy long coastal cliff walks. We plan on working our way up to Devon(Lynmouth and Exmoor)after our Cornwall stay, and then a long drive to Chester from there. Very open at this point. Ideally, 5 days in each county would be nice.
We had so much terrific advice last year for our trip to Suffolk, Sussex, and Dorset. The year before that we visited The Cotswolds, Shropshire, Lakes and Yorkshire, so we now are very excited to visit the West Country which so many English travelers have urged us to investigate!
Cornwall advice requested
- 1 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 2 Am I too fat too travel?
- 3 Mykonos, Greece Ferry Help Please
- 4 Do and don't, eating in France
- 5 Travelling within Florence and to Siena
- 6 Who is along for the ride???Still needing help on this INTERESTING trip
- 7 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 8 Paris museums free admission
- 9 choosing between cinque terre & lake como
- 10 Escaping Crowds in la Costiera and Cilento...and a brief fling with Naples.
- 11 Italian train question
- 12 Venice Apartment - Help!
- 13 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport
- 14 Best area to stay in Rome
- 15 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 16 Dordogne Canoe Ride - All wet!
- 17 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 18 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 19 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 20 Getting the best our of Europe
- 21 Rome apartment
- 22 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 23 Schnauzer, live from Paris, Lyon, Nice, Averyon and Dordogne, join me
- 24 Yet another train question......
- 25 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?