In the early stages of planning. We would like to spend some time in Cornwall this July and are very flexible with days. We will be coming from 5 days in Alsace, France and really not certain how to begin, where and when to rent the car, or where to base.
I figured we'd overnight in Wells or someplace like that on our way down.
If at all possible, we would like to see St Ives, Port Isaac, Minack Theatre, St Michaels Mount, Mousehole, Megavissey, Polperro, and enjoy long coastal cliff walks. We plan on working our way up to Devon(Lynmouth and Exmoor)after our Cornwall stay, and then a long drive to Chester from there. Very open at this point. Ideally, 5 days in each county would be nice.
We had so much terrific advice last year for our trip to Suffolk, Sussex, and Dorset. The year before that we visited The Cotswolds, Shropshire, Lakes and Yorkshire, so we now are very excited to visit the West Country which so many English travelers have urged us to investigate!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland
- 2 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 3 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 4 Questions about Polish sights
- 5 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 6 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 7 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 8 If you had to choose one......
- 9 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 10 Ireland travel passport question
- 11 Italy
- 12 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 13 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 14 Revised itinerary for italy
- 15 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 16 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 17 Biarritz family holiday
- 18 Lisbon hotel
- 19 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 20 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 21 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 22 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 23 4 Days in Tuscany
- 24 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 25 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days