I just found out that my husband's oldest friend is (finally!) getting married in early July, probably somewhere in Cornwall. That wedding provides us with an excuse to travel abroad (we're from western US) with our two boys, who will be 8 and 4 by then.
So here's the question:
Should we stay in the UK for the remainder of our time (likely 7-10 days), or should we venture elsewhere?
If you think we should stay in the UK, what are some good options? If you think we should go elsewhere, where, exactly?
Our boys are animal lovers who enjoy a good beach, a short-ish hike, and anything related to transportation. My husband and I like our little indulgences (comfortable beds in hotel rooms, good food and wine), but we also don't necessarily like to remain on the beaten path.
Our first instincts were to consider Stockholm (we have a friend there and have only been there in winter), Tallinn and/or Russia or take some time in Ireland, Scotland, England. (I'm a whiner in hot, humid weather.) Not sure what would be the most fun for all of us. For some reason, our older son is voting for Russia...
Any help that you can provide or suggestions that you can make are most welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question About My US Passport for Visit to France
- 2 Safe to Travel?
- 3 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 4 Seeking Croatia/Slovenia planning assistance
- 5 Rotisserie Chicken on Paris
- 6 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 7 Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)
- 8 Charles de Gaulle airport: Speediest arrival and departure ever!
- 9 London Travelcard vs oyster card
- 10 Car rental leaving Rome
- 11 Help needed for itinerary planning: Iceland
- 12 Ideas for Month in Germany
- 13 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 14 Summer Language Programs in Germany
- 15 Boots for Christmastime in Germany?
- 16 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 17 small Paris hotel 6 or 7 Arr
- 18 Pre-Booking Train Tickets
- 19 Airfare from Boston to Rome
- 20 Recommendations for a Drive through Chianti
- 21 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 22 Hotel in Tenerife, Canary Islands
- 23 Why Not Helsinki?
- 24 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 25 Rome to Todi on a Sunday - public transport help please