I just found out that my husband's oldest friend is (finally!) getting married in early July, probably somewhere in Cornwall. That wedding provides us with an excuse to travel abroad (we're from western US) with our two boys, who will be 8 and 4 by then.
So here's the question:
Should we stay in the UK for the remainder of our time (likely 7-10 days), or should we venture elsewhere?
If you think we should stay in the UK, what are some good options? If you think we should go elsewhere, where, exactly?
Our boys are animal lovers who enjoy a good beach, a short-ish hike, and anything related to transportation. My husband and I like our little indulgences (comfortable beds in hotel rooms, good food and wine), but we also don't necessarily like to remain on the beaten path.
Our first instincts were to consider Stockholm (we have a friend there and have only been there in winter), Tallinn and/or Russia or take some time in Ireland, Scotland, England. (I'm a whiner in hot, humid weather.) Not sure what would be the most fun for all of us. For some reason, our older son is voting for Russia...
Any help that you can provide or suggestions that you can make are most welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mennagio to Switzerland - 3 days....
- 2 26 days in Italy
- 3 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 4 Is Bullfighting still going-on in Spain in October?
- 5 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
- 6 Prague old town
- 7 Car rental between countries
- 8 Holland Itinerary
- 9 tablet
- 10 Train Ticket Help
- 11 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 12 Puglia Itinerary - too many choices
- 13 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 14 Whirlwind trip!
- 15 Barcelona completely overrated
- 16 recommended hospitals in Athens Greece
- 17 Need Help with Itinerary – First Time in Portugal (2 Weeks)
- 18 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 19 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 20 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 21 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 22 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 23 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 24 England and Wales by public transport
- 25 Rhine River Cruise