I just found out that my husband's oldest friend is (finally!) getting married in early July, probably somewhere in Cornwall. That wedding provides us with an excuse to travel abroad (we're from western US) with our two boys, who will be 8 and 4 by then.
So here's the question:
Should we stay in the UK for the remainder of our time (likely 7-10 days), or should we venture elsewhere?
If you think we should stay in the UK, what are some good options? If you think we should go elsewhere, where, exactly?
Our boys are animal lovers who enjoy a good beach, a short-ish hike, and anything related to transportation. My husband and I like our little indulgences (comfortable beds in hotel rooms, good food and wine), but we also don't necessarily like to remain on the beaten path.
Our first instincts were to consider Stockholm (we have a friend there and have only been there in winter), Tallinn and/or Russia or take some time in Ireland, Scotland, England. (I'm a whiner in hot, humid weather.) Not sure what would be the most fun for all of us. For some reason, our older son is voting for Russia...
Any help that you can provide or suggestions that you can make are most welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 2 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 3 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 4 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 5 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 6 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 7 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 8 Scotland in December
- 9 10 days in London in early December
- 10 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 11 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 12 Iceland
- 13 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 14 Greece
- 15 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 16 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 17 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 18 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 19 Berlin to ?
- 20 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 21 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 22 tickets for Wimbledon
- 23 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 24 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 25 Italy in January?