I just found out that my husband's oldest friend is (finally!) getting married in early July, probably somewhere in Cornwall. That wedding provides us with an excuse to travel abroad (we're from western US) with our two boys, who will be 8 and 4 by then.
So here's the question:
Should we stay in the UK for the remainder of our time (likely 7-10 days), or should we venture elsewhere?
If you think we should stay in the UK, what are some good options? If you think we should go elsewhere, where, exactly?
Our boys are animal lovers who enjoy a good beach, a short-ish hike, and anything related to transportation. My husband and I like our little indulgences (comfortable beds in hotel rooms, good food and wine), but we also don't necessarily like to remain on the beaten path.
Our first instincts were to consider Stockholm (we have a friend there and have only been there in winter), Tallinn and/or Russia or take some time in Ireland, Scotland, England. (I'm a whiner in hot, humid weather.) Not sure what would be the most fun for all of us. For some reason, our older son is voting for Russia...
Any help that you can provide or suggestions that you can make are most welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 2 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 3 Greece mainland and islands
- 4 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 5 Lyon france-- rental car
- 6 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 7 Switzerland in September
- 8 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 9 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 10 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 11 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 12 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 13 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 14 Shorts in South of France?
- 15 milano trip
- 16 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 17 Milan and Lake Como
- 18 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 19 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 20 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 21 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 22 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 23 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 24 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 25 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony