I just found out that my husband's oldest friend is (finally!) getting married in early July, probably somewhere in Cornwall. That wedding provides us with an excuse to travel abroad (we're from western US) with our two boys, who will be 8 and 4 by then.
So here's the question:
Should we stay in the UK for the remainder of our time (likely 7-10 days), or should we venture elsewhere?
If you think we should stay in the UK, what are some good options? If you think we should go elsewhere, where, exactly?
Our boys are animal lovers who enjoy a good beach, a short-ish hike, and anything related to transportation. My husband and I like our little indulgences (comfortable beds in hotel rooms, good food and wine), but we also don't necessarily like to remain on the beaten path.
Our first instincts were to consider Stockholm (we have a friend there and have only been there in winter), Tallinn and/or Russia or take some time in Ireland, Scotland, England. (I'm a whiner in hot, humid weather.) Not sure what would be the most fun for all of us. For some reason, our older son is voting for Russia...
Any help that you can provide or suggestions that you can make are most welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 2 Southern Italy
- 3 transfer from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport
- 4 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 5 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 6 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 7 European Travel in March
- 8 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 9 Europe itinerary
- 10 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 11 Iceland in 4 days?
- 12 Tuscan Winery Suggestions
- 13 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 14 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 15 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 16 Favorite restaurants in Amsterdam
- 17 Madrid city centre?
- 18 Barcelona extension
- 19 Ireland driving itinerary
- 20 Slovania & Croatia
- 21 Barcelona Car rental return
- 22 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 23 Manchester on derby weekend
- 24 BIKE AND BARGE
- 25 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux