I just found out that my husband's oldest friend is (finally!) getting married in early July, probably somewhere in Cornwall. That wedding provides us with an excuse to travel abroad (we're from western US) with our two boys, who will be 8 and 4 by then.
So here's the question:
Should we stay in the UK for the remainder of our time (likely 7-10 days), or should we venture elsewhere?
If you think we should stay in the UK, what are some good options? If you think we should go elsewhere, where, exactly?
Our boys are animal lovers who enjoy a good beach, a short-ish hike, and anything related to transportation. My husband and I like our little indulgences (comfortable beds in hotel rooms, good food and wine), but we also don't necessarily like to remain on the beaten path.
Our first instincts were to consider Stockholm (we have a friend there and have only been there in winter), Tallinn and/or Russia or take some time in Ireland, Scotland, England. (I'm a whiner in hot, humid weather.) Not sure what would be the most fun for all of us. For some reason, our older son is voting for Russia...
Any help that you can provide or suggestions that you can make are most welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 2 AirBNB in London - soon to be a thing of the past?
- 3 Travel from Germany to Switzerland
- 4 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 5 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 6 http://sexuallubricants.org/staminon-male-enhancement
- 7 Trans-Siberia Train
- 8 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 9 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 10 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 11 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 12 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 13 Best stop between Split and Dubrovnik?
- 14 A week driving in Bavaria
- 15 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 16 7 day Italy itinerary and storing luggage in train station
- 17 PLITVICE LAKES
- 18 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 19 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 20 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 21 Parma hotels - Pacchiosi or Rosa Prati
- 22 written guide for Olympia
- 23 Update on buying SIM Card at FCO
- 24 Naxos hotel question
- 25 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?