I just found out that my husband's oldest friend is (finally!) getting married in early July, probably somewhere in Cornwall. That wedding provides us with an excuse to travel abroad (we're from western US) with our two boys, who will be 8 and 4 by then.
So here's the question:
Should we stay in the UK for the remainder of our time (likely 7-10 days), or should we venture elsewhere?
If you think we should stay in the UK, what are some good options? If you think we should go elsewhere, where, exactly?
Our boys are animal lovers who enjoy a good beach, a short-ish hike, and anything related to transportation. My husband and I like our little indulgences (comfortable beds in hotel rooms, good food and wine), but we also don't necessarily like to remain on the beaten path.
Our first instincts were to consider Stockholm (we have a friend there and have only been there in winter), Tallinn and/or Russia or take some time in Ireland, Scotland, England. (I'm a whiner in hot, humid weather.) Not sure what would be the most fun for all of us. For some reason, our older son is voting for Russia...
Any help that you can provide or suggestions that you can make are most welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 2 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 3 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 4 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 5 Amsterdam Transit
- 6 Pakistani on tourist visa in UK, where can I travel outside UK?
- 7 Kings Day in Amsterdam, local travel?
- 8 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 9 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 10 Lake Maggiore
- 11 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 12 Help in determining 2 weeks in Florence, Rome, and TBD location(??)
- 13 UK train question
- 14 Power Pump XL Reviews - Free Trail Available
- 15 Day trip suggestion from London
- 16 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 17 Day Trip near Paris
- 18 POST CRUISE IN ROME FOR 5 DAYS
- 19 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 20 Bootcut jeans
- 21 What is the best spot in Liechtenstein for VERY brief visit?
- 22 Car rental insurance woes
- 23 Cheap Airfare to Spain
- 24 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 25 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND