I just found out that my husband's oldest friend is (finally!) getting married in early July, probably somewhere in Cornwall. That wedding provides us with an excuse to travel abroad (we're from western US) with our two boys, who will be 8 and 4 by then.
So here's the question:
Should we stay in the UK for the remainder of our time (likely 7-10 days), or should we venture elsewhere?
If you think we should stay in the UK, what are some good options? If you think we should go elsewhere, where, exactly?
Our boys are animal lovers who enjoy a good beach, a short-ish hike, and anything related to transportation. My husband and I like our little indulgences (comfortable beds in hotel rooms, good food and wine), but we also don't necessarily like to remain on the beaten path.
Our first instincts were to consider Stockholm (we have a friend there and have only been there in winter), Tallinn and/or Russia or take some time in Ireland, Scotland, England. (I'm a whiner in hot, humid weather.) Not sure what would be the most fun for all of us. For some reason, our older son is voting for Russia...
Any help that you can provide or suggestions that you can make are most welcome.
Cornwall + ? - July wedding with family of 4
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 2 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 3 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 4 Luggage sizing
- 5 Where should I go (4 days after work week in London)
- 6 Moving to Belfast
- 7 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 8 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 9 Gluten-free in Ireland
- 10 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 11 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 12 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 13 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 14 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 15 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 16 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 17 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 18 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 19 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 20 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 21 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 22 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 23 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 24 Scuol, Switzerland
- 25 2 Weeks in Paris