I just found out that my husband's oldest friend is (finally!) getting married in early July, probably somewhere in Cornwall. That wedding provides us with an excuse to travel abroad (we're from western US) with our two boys, who will be 8 and 4 by then.
So here's the question:
Should we stay in the UK for the remainder of our time (likely 7-10 days), or should we venture elsewhere?
If you think we should stay in the UK, what are some good options? If you think we should go elsewhere, where, exactly?
Our boys are animal lovers who enjoy a good beach, a short-ish hike, and anything related to transportation. My husband and I like our little indulgences (comfortable beds in hotel rooms, good food and wine), but we also don't necessarily like to remain on the beaten path.
Our first instincts were to consider Stockholm (we have a friend there and have only been there in winter), Tallinn and/or Russia or take some time in Ireland, Scotland, England. (I'm a whiner in hot, humid weather.) Not sure what would be the most fun for all of us. For some reason, our older son is voting for Russia...
Any help that you can provide or suggestions that you can make are most welcome.
Cornwall + ? - July wedding with family of 4
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 2 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 3 Europe in 21 days
- 4 collioure to cadaques with Inntravel: advice for flight and travel before
- 5 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 6 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 7 Transportation in Barcelona
- 8 Six months in France -- how to do it?
- 9 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 10 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 11 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 12 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 13 5am arrival in Dublin
- 14 What are the best places to see in England
- 15 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 16 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 17 destination wedding
- 18 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 19 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 20 10 Hours in Brussels
- 21 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 22 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 23 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 24 Italy
- 25 Accomodation for Eurovision 2014