I just found out that my husband's oldest friend is (finally!) getting married in early July, probably somewhere in Cornwall. That wedding provides us with an excuse to travel abroad (we're from western US) with our two boys, who will be 8 and 4 by then.
So here's the question:
Should we stay in the UK for the remainder of our time (likely 7-10 days), or should we venture elsewhere?
If you think we should stay in the UK, what are some good options? If you think we should go elsewhere, where, exactly?
Our boys are animal lovers who enjoy a good beach, a short-ish hike, and anything related to transportation. My husband and I like our little indulgences (comfortable beds in hotel rooms, good food and wine), but we also don't necessarily like to remain on the beaten path.
Our first instincts were to consider Stockholm (we have a friend there and have only been there in winter), Tallinn and/or Russia or take some time in Ireland, Scotland, England. (I'm a whiner in hot, humid weather.) Not sure what would be the most fun for all of us. For some reason, our older son is voting for Russia...
Any help that you can provide or suggestions that you can make are most welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 2 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 3 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 6 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 7 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 8 Towersey, London
- 9 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 10 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 11 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 12 Amalfi Coast help
- 13 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 14 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 15 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 16 Ireland in April
- 17 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 20 A few days outside Rome
- 21 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 22 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 23 CDG airport and connection time
- 24 Paris Metro
- 25 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris