Hello all -
We're trying to determine the logistics for one leg of our trip in May, flying from the Cotswolds to Dingle. One route is London Luton to Kerry, arriving 1230; the other is Birmingham to Cork, arriving 1830. We will have a car in the Cotswolds, dropping off at whatever airport we choose for the flight, and we will rent another car once we land in Ireland. Haven't driven on the left side of the road before, but hopefully we'll be used to it after 3 days in the Cotswolds?
The kind folks on the England side of this site have suggested it would be better to take the much shorter drive to Birmingham and the more scenic drive from Cork to Dingle (compared to the "horrible" drive from the Cotswolds to London Luton). Would this be a reasonable introduction to Ireland? We plan to explore Dingle peninsula for a few days and then head up the west coast to Galway via Cliffs of Moher; from there we have a couple days to see the Aran Islands and maybe a drive around Connemara before heading over to Dublin for a couple days. Given this itinerary, do you have any suggestions on what route to take from Cork to Dingle if we go with the evening flight? Or is it better to fly into Kerry?
Thanks so much for your help! We're so excited about this trip!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Perugia
- 2 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 3 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 4 Andalucia itinerary help
- 5 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 6 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 7 Family vacation to europe
- 8 Paris cooking classes
- 9 Ronda Wine/biking
- 10 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 11 St Denis Cathedral
- 12 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 13 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 14 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 15 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 16 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 17 No Periods in British Written English!
- 18 Rouen Tour Companies
- 19 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 20 Ireland itinerary help please
- 21 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 22 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 23 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 24 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 25 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
Hello all -