Hello all -
We're trying to determine the logistics for one leg of our trip in May, flying from the Cotswolds to Dingle. One route is London Luton to Kerry, arriving 1230; the other is Birmingham to Cork, arriving 1830. We will have a car in the Cotswolds, dropping off at whatever airport we choose for the flight, and we will rent another car once we land in Ireland. Haven't driven on the left side of the road before, but hopefully we'll be used to it after 3 days in the Cotswolds?
The kind folks on the England side of this site have suggested it would be better to take the much shorter drive to Birmingham and the more scenic drive from Cork to Dingle (compared to the "horrible" drive from the Cotswolds to London Luton). Would this be a reasonable introduction to Ireland? We plan to explore Dingle peninsula for a few days and then head up the west coast to Galway via Cliffs of Moher; from there we have a couple days to see the Aran Islands and maybe a drive around Connemara before heading over to Dublin for a couple days. Given this itinerary, do you have any suggestions on what route to take from Cork to Dingle if we go with the evening flight? Or is it better to fly into Kerry?
Thanks so much for your help! We're so excited about this trip!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 2 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 3 Germany-Car or Train
- 4 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 5 SURPRISE TRIP
- 6 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 7 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 8 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 9 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 10 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 11 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 12 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 13 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 14 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 15 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 16 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 17 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 18 thoughts on my itenerary France and Italy
- 19 Valencia Spain
- 20 Europe for Beginners
- 21 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 22 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 23 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 24 13 nights in switzerland
- 25 Best daypack ?
Hello all -