Hello all -
We're trying to determine the logistics for one leg of our trip in May, flying from the Cotswolds to Dingle. One route is London Luton to Kerry, arriving 1230; the other is Birmingham to Cork, arriving 1830. We will have a car in the Cotswolds, dropping off at whatever airport we choose for the flight, and we will rent another car once we land in Ireland. Haven't driven on the left side of the road before, but hopefully we'll be used to it after 3 days in the Cotswolds?
The kind folks on the England side of this site have suggested it would be better to take the much shorter drive to Birmingham and the more scenic drive from Cork to Dingle (compared to the "horrible" drive from the Cotswolds to London Luton). Would this be a reasonable introduction to Ireland? We plan to explore Dingle peninsula for a few days and then head up the west coast to Galway via Cliffs of Moher; from there we have a couple days to see the Aran Islands and maybe a drive around Connemara before heading over to Dublin for a couple days. Given this itinerary, do you have any suggestions on what route to take from Cork to Dingle if we go with the evening flight? Or is it better to fly into Kerry?
Thanks so much for your help! We're so excited about this trip!!
cork vs. kerry airport to dingle?
Hello all -
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 2 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 3 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 4 Winter honeymoon - Switzerland? Italian Alps? Other?
- 5 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 6 yk's Trip Report - 11 days of Art Nouveau in Vienna & Budapest Spring 2009
- 7 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 8 Restaurants or Cafes to Recommend in Fontainebleau?
- 9 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 10 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 11 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 12 European Trivial Trivia!
- 13 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 14 Eleanor's Pages
- 15 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 16 English ruined castles
- 17 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 18 Mt Titlus Engelberg mountain
- 19 NO use of the Wheeled- Suitcases allowed in Venice!! Fine: 500 Euros!!
- 20 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 21 Dresden restaurant recs: December 2014
- 22 Luggage sizing
- 23 Scuol, Switzerland
- 24 Moving to Belfast
- 25 Need Some Italy Planning Help