Hello all -
We're trying to determine the logistics for one leg of our trip in May, flying from the Cotswolds to Dingle. One route is London Luton to Kerry, arriving 1230; the other is Birmingham to Cork, arriving 1830. We will have a car in the Cotswolds, dropping off at whatever airport we choose for the flight, and we will rent another car once we land in Ireland. Haven't driven on the left side of the road before, but hopefully we'll be used to it after 3 days in the Cotswolds?
The kind folks on the England side of this site have suggested it would be better to take the much shorter drive to Birmingham and the more scenic drive from Cork to Dingle (compared to the "horrible" drive from the Cotswolds to London Luton). Would this be a reasonable introduction to Ireland? We plan to explore Dingle peninsula for a few days and then head up the west coast to Galway via Cliffs of Moher; from there we have a couple days to see the Aran Islands and maybe a drive around Connemara before heading over to Dublin for a couple days. Given this itinerary, do you have any suggestions on what route to take from Cork to Dingle if we go with the evening flight? Or is it better to fly into Kerry?
Thanks so much for your help! We're so excited about this trip!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 2 Iceland Waterfall Advice
- 3 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 4 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 5 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 6 italy itinerary
- 7 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 8 3 weeks in France, solo and without a car: please advise!
- 9 Family trip: Andalucia in November
- 10 Rome Rental Car
- 11 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 12 Driving from Rome to Florence?
- 13 5 Days in Corsica
- 14 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 15 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 16 Advice for Ireland Trip (6 days)
- 17 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 18 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 19 Beaches in Southern France
- 20 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 21 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 22 Marseille or Cassis for Day in Port?
- 23 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 24 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 25 Positano - Sorrento Travel Questions
Hello all -