Hello all -
We're trying to determine the logistics for one leg of our trip in May, flying from the Cotswolds to Dingle. One route is London Luton to Kerry, arriving 1230; the other is Birmingham to Cork, arriving 1830. We will have a car in the Cotswolds, dropping off at whatever airport we choose for the flight, and we will rent another car once we land in Ireland. Haven't driven on the left side of the road before, but hopefully we'll be used to it after 3 days in the Cotswolds?
The kind folks on the England side of this site have suggested it would be better to take the much shorter drive to Birmingham and the more scenic drive from Cork to Dingle (compared to the "horrible" drive from the Cotswolds to London Luton). Would this be a reasonable introduction to Ireland? We plan to explore Dingle peninsula for a few days and then head up the west coast to Galway via Cliffs of Moher; from there we have a couple days to see the Aran Islands and maybe a drive around Connemara before heading over to Dublin for a couple days. Given this itinerary, do you have any suggestions on what route to take from Cork to Dingle if we go with the evening flight? Or is it better to fly into Kerry?
Thanks so much for your help! We're so excited about this trip!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 iPhone/Skype/ATM questions
- 2 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 3 Passenger van Rental in Milan
- 4 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 5 Sevilla lodging 3 adults 3 kids and things to do
- 6 Clean up spam
- 7 Ron Hoffberg, Prague Guide
- 8 Valencia, Spain
- 9 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 10 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 11 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 12 Small towns not too near Paris
- 13 Help with basic itinerary
- 14 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 15 credit and debit cards
- 16 Suggestions for two night stay near Athens airport?
- 17 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 18 Positano Surprise
- 19 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 20 Ottolenghi walk-ins?
- 21 Family Friendly Day Trips from Arezzo
- 22 How to spend 3 days btwn Milan and Florence
- 23 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 24 Greece and Italy Combo
- 25 Cinqueterre
Hello all -