Hello all -
We're trying to determine the logistics for one leg of our trip in May, flying from the Cotswolds to Dingle. One route is London Luton to Kerry, arriving 1230; the other is Birmingham to Cork, arriving 1830. We will have a car in the Cotswolds, dropping off at whatever airport we choose for the flight, and we will rent another car once we land in Ireland. Haven't driven on the left side of the road before, but hopefully we'll be used to it after 3 days in the Cotswolds?
The kind folks on the England side of this site have suggested it would be better to take the much shorter drive to Birmingham and the more scenic drive from Cork to Dingle (compared to the "horrible" drive from the Cotswolds to London Luton). Would this be a reasonable introduction to Ireland? We plan to explore Dingle peninsula for a few days and then head up the west coast to Galway via Cliffs of Moher; from there we have a couple days to see the Aran Islands and maybe a drive around Connemara before heading over to Dublin for a couple days. Given this itinerary, do you have any suggestions on what route to take from Cork to Dingle if we go with the evening flight? Or is it better to fly into Kerry?
Thanks so much for your help! We're so excited about this trip!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Have the terrorist attacks changed where you go & how you travel?
- 2 How big backpack do I need?
- 3 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 4 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 5 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 6 Stonehenge and Bath
- 7 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 8 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 9 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 10 Munich Under Attack...
- 11 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 12 Homeaway/Owners Direct New contract
- 13 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 14 From Genoa to Rome...
- 15 Greece Itinerary
- 16 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 17 Spain in November
- 18 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 19 3 Days in Naples...
- 20 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 21 Help with 2nd European Spot
- 22 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 23 Must visit wineries in Alsace?
- 24 Dentix in Spain
- 25 First trip - destination advice!
Hello all -