Hello all -
We're trying to determine the logistics for one leg of our trip in May, flying from the Cotswolds to Dingle. One route is London Luton to Kerry, arriving 1230; the other is Birmingham to Cork, arriving 1830. We will have a car in the Cotswolds, dropping off at whatever airport we choose for the flight, and we will rent another car once we land in Ireland. Haven't driven on the left side of the road before, but hopefully we'll be used to it after 3 days in the Cotswolds?
The kind folks on the England side of this site have suggested it would be better to take the much shorter drive to Birmingham and the more scenic drive from Cork to Dingle (compared to the "horrible" drive from the Cotswolds to London Luton). Would this be a reasonable introduction to Ireland? We plan to explore Dingle peninsula for a few days and then head up the west coast to Galway via Cliffs of Moher; from there we have a couple days to see the Aran Islands and maybe a drive around Connemara before heading over to Dublin for a couple days. Given this itinerary, do you have any suggestions on what route to take from Cork to Dingle if we go with the evening flight? Or is it better to fly into Kerry?
Thanks so much for your help! We're so excited about this trip!!
cork vs. kerry airport to dingle?
Hello all -
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris in April?
- 2 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 3 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 4 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 5 Coatia or Corsica for honeymoon late June/early july?
- 6 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 7 A drive in Europe
- 8 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 9 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 10 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 11 London hotel
- 12 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 13 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 14 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 15 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 16 Train Options - Lisbon to Porto
- 17 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 18 Germany-berlin marathon
- 19 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 20 hotels in Seville
- 21 car rental companies Italy
- 22 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 23 tour guides in rome
- 24 one last portugal car rental question
- 25 Amsterdam hotel advice