Hello all -
We're trying to determine the logistics for one leg of our trip in May, flying from the Cotswolds to Dingle. One route is London Luton to Kerry, arriving 1230; the other is Birmingham to Cork, arriving 1830. We will have a car in the Cotswolds, dropping off at whatever airport we choose for the flight, and we will rent another car once we land in Ireland. Haven't driven on the left side of the road before, but hopefully we'll be used to it after 3 days in the Cotswolds?
The kind folks on the England side of this site have suggested it would be better to take the much shorter drive to Birmingham and the more scenic drive from Cork to Dingle (compared to the "horrible" drive from the Cotswolds to London Luton). Would this be a reasonable introduction to Ireland? We plan to explore Dingle peninsula for a few days and then head up the west coast to Galway via Cliffs of Moher; from there we have a couple days to see the Aran Islands and maybe a drive around Connemara before heading over to Dublin for a couple days. Given this itinerary, do you have any suggestions on what route to take from Cork to Dingle if we go with the evening flight? Or is it better to fly into Kerry?
Thanks so much for your help! We're so excited about this trip!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which Hotel in Rome
- 2 Alitala
- 3 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 4 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 5 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 6 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 7 Stu Tower
- 8 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 9 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 10 SE ITALY
- 11 renting
- 12 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 13 Durham Castle or Lumley Castle?
- 14 6 Days in Italy
- 15 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 16 Advice on Taxis vs Transfers in Santorini
- 17 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 18 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 19 Road closure to Linderhof October 2017
- 20 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 21 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 22 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 23 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 24 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 25 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
Hello all -