Trying to decide what's the overall best option. The cost is roughly the same, but we'd have to take into consideration cost of getting to and from the airport for the plane option.
We probably have to check in 2 hours ahead of time for the flight. How does it work for the train? Can we board 30 mins. before?
Train takes just over 5 hours. The flight itself is about 1 hour. But if we factor getting to/from and customs on a plane while train takes you from city centre to city centre, wondering exactly whether we'll save that much time.
We checked fares on Norwegian Airlines. Anyone fly with them before? Are they reliable?
If we go with the train option, can we buy tickets online on the Swedish rail site? We're from Canada. Have seen older posts that indicate that they've had problems making bookings with their credit cards. If we can make a purchase, can we print the tickets at home or do we need to pick them up at the train station?
We find train travel relaxing but if taking the plane will save us a lot more time, then that's the way we'll go.
Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I want to buy a European flat iron
- 2 Luggage in rental car while touring Normandie and Loire Valley
- 3 Drumroll....I finally decided on a Roman Hotel!
- 4 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 5 Lisbon transportation
- 6 10 days in July-Aug with kids - Switzerland and Italy
- 7 car rental in Rome
- 8 If Greece exits
- 9 Three day trips from Amsterdam
- 10 5 days in Paris
- 11 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 12 Berlin Walking Tours - Any recommendations?
- 13 Has anyone ever booked a Rome food tour with Elizabeth Minchilli?
- 14 French Basque country
- 15 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 16 French air traffic control strike early July
- 17 2 days in Madiera
- 18 Copenhagen Dress Code
- 19 Gorges du Tarn- No car...?
- 20 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 21 Palace Versaille - worth the lines ?
- 22 Arcona living munchen or Pullman Munich
- 23 Spain vacation itinerary suggestions
- 24 Portugal - need help with planning
- 25 Do I need air conditioning in Wengen in July?