Trying to decide what's the overall best option. The cost is roughly the same, but we'd have to take into consideration cost of getting to and from the airport for the plane option.
We probably have to check in 2 hours ahead of time for the flight. How does it work for the train? Can we board 30 mins. before?
Train takes just over 5 hours. The flight itself is about 1 hour. But if we factor getting to/from and customs on a plane while train takes you from city centre to city centre, wondering exactly whether we'll save that much time.
We checked fares on Norwegian Airlines. Anyone fly with them before? Are they reliable?
If we go with the train option, can we buy tickets online on the Swedish rail site? We're from Canada. Have seen older posts that indicate that they've had problems making bookings with their credit cards. If we can make a purchase, can we print the tickets at home or do we need to pick them up at the train station?
We find train travel relaxing but if taking the plane will save us a lot more time, then that's the way we'll go.
Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 2 English Countryside
- 3 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 4 http://musclegainfast.com/penetrex-male-enhancement/
- 5 Paris---baguette question???
- 6 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 7 French immersion courses in France
- 8 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 9 Scenic Driving Routes
- 10 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 11 Berlin
- 12 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 13 1-Day Drive: Ballyvaughan to Dublin, which of these 3 routes?
- 14 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 15 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 16 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 17 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 18 Pyrenees 10-Day Driving Itinerary
- 19 Visiting Spain in January
- 20 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 21 Flights from Croatia
- 22 Amsterdam Festival of LIghts
- 23 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 24 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 25 Visiting Europe for 1 week: Prague or Rome?