Trying to decide what's the overall best option. The cost is roughly the same, but we'd have to take into consideration cost of getting to and from the airport for the plane option.
We probably have to check in 2 hours ahead of time for the flight. How does it work for the train? Can we board 30 mins. before?
Train takes just over 5 hours. The flight itself is about 1 hour. But if we factor getting to/from and customs on a plane while train takes you from city centre to city centre, wondering exactly whether we'll save that much time.
We checked fares on Norwegian Airlines. Anyone fly with them before? Are they reliable?
If we go with the train option, can we buy tickets online on the Swedish rail site? We're from Canada. Have seen older posts that indicate that they've had problems making bookings with their credit cards. If we can make a purchase, can we print the tickets at home or do we need to pick them up at the train station?
We find train travel relaxing but if taking the plane will save us a lot more time, then that's the way we'll go.
Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Who is up for an informal GTG in Paris between Oct 15-22
- 2 What neighborhood to stay in Paris?
- 3 From London to Paris to US
- 4 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 5 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 6 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 7 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 8 France to stop making foie grois
- 9 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 10 Barcelona Car rental return
- 11 My First Trip to Europe...
- 12 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 13 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 14 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 15 Night Walk, food and Shopping in Rome
- 16 Iceland in 9 nights in late September
- 17 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 18 European countries thst could use some hospitality lessons.
- 19 Edinburgh Festival Fireworks
- 20 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 21 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 22 Naples or Genoa
- 23 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 24 First time Europe trip for family of 4
- 25 Dover queues