Trying to decide what's the overall best option. The cost is roughly the same, but we'd have to take into consideration cost of getting to and from the airport for the plane option.
We probably have to check in 2 hours ahead of time for the flight. How does it work for the train? Can we board 30 mins. before?
Train takes just over 5 hours. The flight itself is about 1 hour. But if we factor getting to/from and customs on a plane while train takes you from city centre to city centre, wondering exactly whether we'll save that much time.
We checked fares on Norwegian Airlines. Anyone fly with them before? Are they reliable?
If we go with the train option, can we buy tickets online on the Swedish rail site? We're from Canada. Have seen older posts that indicate that they've had problems making bookings with their credit cards. If we can make a purchase, can we print the tickets at home or do we need to pick them up at the train station?
We find train travel relaxing but if taking the plane will save us a lot more time, then that's the way we'll go.
Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Copenhagen to Stockholm: train or plane?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 2 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 3 What to wear
- 4 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 5 Greece - trip report - Aegean Islands Chios, Lesvos and Samos Oct 2012
- 6 Sicily - not a trip report
- 7 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 8 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma
- 9 Salzburg, Innsbruck, and possibly Graz with my 90yr old Mom
- 10 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 11 Chip but no PIN
- 12 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 13 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 14 No points in Paris .....
- 15 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 16 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 17 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 18 What still confounds you about travel?
- 19 Three days in Spain
- 20 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 21 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 22 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 23 Eurostar booking
- 24 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 25 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...