Trying to decide what's the overall best option. The cost is roughly the same, but we'd have to take into consideration cost of getting to and from the airport for the plane option.
We probably have to check in 2 hours ahead of time for the flight. How does it work for the train? Can we board 30 mins. before?
Train takes just over 5 hours. The flight itself is about 1 hour. But if we factor getting to/from and customs on a plane while train takes you from city centre to city centre, wondering exactly whether we'll save that much time.
We checked fares on Norwegian Airlines. Anyone fly with them before? Are they reliable?
If we go with the train option, can we buy tickets online on the Swedish rail site? We're from Canada. Have seen older posts that indicate that they've had problems making bookings with their credit cards. If we can make a purchase, can we print the tickets at home or do we need to pick them up at the train station?
We find train travel relaxing but if taking the plane will save us a lot more time, then that's the way we'll go.
Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Copenhagen to Stockholm: train or plane?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 2 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 3 Monet in Normandy
- 4 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 5 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 6 London visit
- 7 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 8 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 9 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 10 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 11 Three days in Spain
- 12 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 13 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 14 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 15 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 16 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 17 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 18 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 19 21 Days in Central Europe
- 20 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 21 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 22 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 23 best time to book accommodation
- 24 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 25 Oktoberfest reservations