Trying to decide what's the overall best option. The cost is roughly the same, but we'd have to take into consideration cost of getting to and from the airport for the plane option.
We probably have to check in 2 hours ahead of time for the flight. How does it work for the train? Can we board 30 mins. before?
Train takes just over 5 hours. The flight itself is about 1 hour. But if we factor getting to/from and customs on a plane while train takes you from city centre to city centre, wondering exactly whether we'll save that much time.
We checked fares on Norwegian Airlines. Anyone fly with them before? Are they reliable?
If we go with the train option, can we buy tickets online on the Swedish rail site? We're from Canada. Have seen older posts that indicate that they've had problems making bookings with their credit cards. If we can make a purchase, can we print the tickets at home or do we need to pick them up at the train station?
We find train travel relaxing but if taking the plane will save us a lot more time, then that's the way we'll go.
Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 2 French lavender and cottages
- 3 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 4 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 5 England and Wales by public transport
- 6 Travel to Karlsrhue
- 7 Spain Itinerary Help
- 8 Guides - Matera
- 9 MiFi in Italy
- 10 Girona and Besalau
- 11 Barcelona completely overrated
- 12 One quick week -- where in France?
- 13 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 14 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 15 Rail/Hoylhead/Edinburgh
- 16 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 17 Austria In Nov first week
- 18 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 19 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 20 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 21 Small foodie tours in Bologna
- 22 London Itinerary and Questions
- 23 Venice Cruise Port: Santa Lucia or Mestre?
- 24 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 25 Cork or Galway?