Trying to decide what's the overall best option. The cost is roughly the same, but we'd have to take into consideration cost of getting to and from the airport for the plane option.
We probably have to check in 2 hours ahead of time for the flight. How does it work for the train? Can we board 30 mins. before?
Train takes just over 5 hours. The flight itself is about 1 hour. But if we factor getting to/from and customs on a plane while train takes you from city centre to city centre, wondering exactly whether we'll save that much time.
We checked fares on Norwegian Airlines. Anyone fly with them before? Are they reliable?
If we go with the train option, can we buy tickets online on the Swedish rail site? We're from Canada. Have seen older posts that indicate that they've had problems making bookings with their credit cards. If we can make a purchase, can we print the tickets at home or do we need to pick them up at the train station?
We find train travel relaxing but if taking the plane will save us a lot more time, then that's the way we'll go.
Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Copenhagen to Stockholm: train or plane?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 2 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 3 Air pollution in Paris
- 4 Dresden or Leipzig
- 5 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 6 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 7 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 8 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 9 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 10 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 11 Trains in Italy
- 12 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 13 20 days in Germany
- 14 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 15 France, Italy and Greec
- 16 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 17 Rome---August and September
- 18 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 19 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 20 Help With Vienna
- 21 Good Hotels around Gare Montparnasse
- 22 Using Euros and Visa Travel Money Debit Card in the Baltics and Russia
- 23 South of France November Trip Report
- 24 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 25 Olive oil disaster in 2014