I am planning a trip to Norway coming from the US, and we MUSTto leave out of Amsterdam to return home to the states, bc of restrictions from using our frequent flier miles on this one.
Since I've heard and seen that Copenhagen is a beautiful city to visit I was hoping initially to fly into Copenhagen, spend three nights there, drive to Oslo or take the ferry, take the train to Bergen and then fly to Amsterdam and spend three nights there before we leave.
I'm wondering whats the simplest way to do this without having to switch and move our luggage around so much as we are two adults traveling with 11 and 8 year olds ( who are very experienced travelers). I'd like to simplify my plans to really go to the best of three places, and so Im thinking of skipping Copenhagen all together and flying straight into Oslo. Is this a good idea? Would we miss out terribly to just focus on Norway and Amsterdam visits? Anyone do a trip like this before. Money is not the biggest problem, we just want simplicity and to actually not be exhausted and enjoy the region properly. Thought and suggestions are greatly appreciated...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help on ancient history route
- 2 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 3 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 4 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 5 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 6 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 7 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 8 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 9 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 10 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 11 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 12 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 13 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 14 Hotels in Turin
- 15 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 16 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person
- 17 Best layover option
- 18 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 19 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 20 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 21 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 22 Prem fares (again)
- 23 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 24 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 25 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights