I am planning a trip to Norway coming from the US, and we MUSTto leave out of Amsterdam to return home to the states, bc of restrictions from using our frequent flier miles on this one.
Since I've heard and seen that Copenhagen is a beautiful city to visit I was hoping initially to fly into Copenhagen, spend three nights there, drive to Oslo or take the ferry, take the train to Bergen and then fly to Amsterdam and spend three nights there before we leave.
I'm wondering whats the simplest way to do this without having to switch and move our luggage around so much as we are two adults traveling with 11 and 8 year olds ( who are very experienced travelers). I'd like to simplify my plans to really go to the best of three places, and so Im thinking of skipping Copenhagen all together and flying straight into Oslo. Is this a good idea? Would we miss out terribly to just focus on Norway and Amsterdam visits? Anyone do a trip like this before. Money is not the biggest problem, we just want simplicity and to actually not be exhausted and enjoy the region properly. Thought and suggestions are greatly appreciated...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 2 Romans Lament Changing Yellow Lights to
- 3 Best Tour to see Pisa and Cinque Terra
- 4 Help with basic itinerary
- 5 favorite app for converting US $$
- 6 One week in London with kids
- 7 credit and debit cards
- 8 Charming areas to explore in London
- 9 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 10 Light weight small converter?
- 11 One Day in Vienna
- 12 Wake Up Mods
- 13 Cornwall - St. Ives, SW Coastal Path-Travel Questions Need Answering!
- 14 San Gimignano area of Italy
- 15 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 16 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 17 Sunday Afternoon lunch in Antwerpen
- 18 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 19 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 20 a week in Lombardia
- 21 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 22 Hotels in Florence
- 23 Trip in September
- 24 Day trips from Rome? or overnight?
- 25 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary