I'm trying to plan a 2 week trip to Scandanavia, and I've read through the other topics on here but my trip order and priorities are a bit different, so was hoping for some opinions and advice.
I'm headed to Copenhagen at the end of May and and leaving on June 15 back home to lovely San Francisco. Here's my rough itinerary:
May 31: Arrive in Copenhagen
-- 5 days in Copenhagen,
-- including a day trip to Malmo during this time
June 5: Travel to Oslo (what's the best way here?)
-- 2 days in Oslo (I heard it's expensive!)
June 8: Travel to Helsinki
-- 1 day in Helinki
June 10: Travel to Tallinn for a day trip via ferry
June 11: Travel to Stockholm via ferry overnight
-- 4 days in Stockholm
June 15: Fly home to San Francisco
I'll be traveling alone, interested in seeing the city culture, some sightseeing, hiking, shopping, exploring, nature Would you spend any more or less time in each place? I know it's not enough time in each, but looking to get a good introduction to this whole area, so I can come back and explore one deeper! (I'm thinking Norway will need its own separate trip one day in the winter.)
Thoughts and recommendations appreciated. Thanks again!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 2 Getting around London
- 3 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 4 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 5 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 6 Lake Como,Italy
- 7 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 8 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 9 Traveling in Belgium
- 10 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 11 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 12 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 13 Train travel to and from Paris
- 14 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 15 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 16 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 17 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 18 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 19 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 20 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 21 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 22 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 23 Language to use in Belgium
- 24 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 25 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport