I had posted on here before with a proposed itinerary. Now as it has gotten closer to the actual trip, I have an updated itinerary and have already booked hotels. Here it is.
Rome (June 12 - 15)
June 12: Arrive in Rome in the morning, check into hotel (staying at Residenza Navona First near the Piazza Navona), enjoy area around there, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, etc
June 13: Do Colisseum and Ancient Rome sites (Forum, Palantine Hill, etc)
June 14: Vatican tour and see St Peters Basilica (I've been told to do the tour of the other areas but to climb the Basilica itself for a great view of Rome)
June 15: Leave by train for Florence around 10
Florence (June 15 - 18)
June 15: Arrive in Florence and check into hotel (Hotel Bigallo), see some sites around town
June 16: Accademia and Uffizi for sure, not sure what else
June 17: Working on doing a private car Tuscany trip with some suggested sites from people on this site
June 18: Depart in morning for Venice (around 10)
Venice (June 18-21)
June 18: Check into hotel near St. Mark's. See sites
June 19: St Mark's Basilica, other famous sites
June 20: Open for suggestions in Venice
June 21: Leave early for Lake Como, staying on lake, arriving around 2, suggestions for events to do during day?
June 22: Depart Como around noon for Zurich, spend evening in Zurich (already researched some areas to walk around and go eat)
June 23: Return home.
I'm pretty excited about the trip and think it will still be spread out enough. I know to reserve attraction tickets to some of the more famous sites (Colisseum, Forum, Accademia, Uffizi, Villa Borghese, etc), but what are some other suggestions of things to see?
As you can see, there's a lot of free time in my schedule in each place to just see the city, I'm just wanting to be sure to enjoy the highlights. I've already received some food recommendations but I welcome all the help I can.
One more random question, I'm a large soccer (football) fan. Is it worth trying to see the Stadio Olimpico in Rome? I'm sure I can find shops for jerseys, but I love soccer stadiums. I read you can't take tours though? So is it worth just seeing the outside? It's pretty far out of the way.
Thank you for the help!
(Continued) 10 Day trip in Italy, starting in Rome, ending in Zurich
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 2 Suggestions for a nice hotel in Stockholm?
- 3 What are the best places to see in England
- 4 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 5 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 6 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 7 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 8 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 9 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 10 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 11 Estonia Amber
- 12 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 13 Tight Planning?
- 14 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 15 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 16 Villa rental suggestions in Umbira or Positano please
- 17 Travel with Teens
- 18 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 19 Personal recommendations where to stay for family of 5 in Sorrento
- 20 One week in Venice - trips
- 21 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 22 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 23 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 24 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 25 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence