Some great replies.
Sorry I have not replied. I have been busy all week and had not time to think about what you all have said.
Yes I am solo and want to avoid working for my holiday. In other words I would prefer not to deal with the hassle of renting a car, but would do so if necessary. I dislike driving as it is stressful for me especially in an unfamiliar place. I am kind of laid back and do not want to deal with the stress of a car as a solo driver.
I do wish there was an inexpensive tour in Nafplion.
I was looking for a bit of beach experience, history, and Greek authenticity. Some posters on the message board suggested avoiding the islands because they were mostly party beach spots (minus parts of Crete and few sites on other islands (I do not want to knock them) and that doing this circle route would fit the bill).
What do you think of going from:
1 night Athens
1 night Spestes - beach (to avoid the Rick Steves Hydra suggestion)
1 night Nafplion beach
1 night Nafplion to visit Mycenae by bus (maybe Tiryns thrown in here somewhere)
1 night Nafplion to visit Epidaurus by bus (can I get anywhere else this day? i.e. beach-fishing village and get back to Nafplion)
1 Athens return
1 Athens historical sites
1 Athens to Delphi?
What do you all think? Does this work. Can you help me tinker with it to make it perfect.
Also in Nafplion and in Athens can you tell me the exact spot or name where I can catch the buses/boats I need?
Thank you very much for your time one and all.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris advice with kids
- 2 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 3 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 4 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 5 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 6 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 7 Paris travel help
- 8 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 9 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 10 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 11 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 12 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 13 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 14 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 15 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 16 One night in the Dolomites
- 17 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 18 Airport Transit Visa
- 19 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 20 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 21 Where in Greece
- 22 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 23 Vatican tour
- 24 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 25 Day in Capri
Some great replies.