We are considering a family trip next year. Our youngest will be 17. There may be 4 or 6 of us. After visiting family in Britain we would like to start our European trip from London going to Paris, visiting Switzerland and Austria (my all-time dream vacation spots including Salzburg Sound of Music Locations and hiking up a Swiss mountain overlooking typical postcard Swiss houses) as well as Florence and perhaps Pisa and Venice. According to what I have found so far, it seems a 10-15 day train pass would be more feasible than train tickets. Any help on costs, things to do, places to stay, specifics of where to visit, etc. would be extremely helpful. Thanks.
Considering a family trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 2 London Newport Court apartment rental advice
- 3 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 4 Recommendations for hotels in Helsinki
- 5 Satnav maps update
- 6 Greece after the Vote
- 7 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 8 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 9 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 10 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 11 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 12 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 13 mallorca
- 14 April in Madrid
- 15 14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg
- 16 France to Italy advice needed please
- 17 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 18 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 19 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece
- 20 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 21 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 22 Question: import tax on personal musical instruments?
- 23 Hamburg, worth a visit?
- 24 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 25 Spending time in Berner Oblerand - Take a side trip to Saas Fee?