We are considering a family trip next year. Our youngest will be 17. There may be 4 or 6 of us. After visiting family in Britain we would like to start our European trip from London going to Paris, visiting Switzerland and Austria (my all-time dream vacation spots including Salzburg Sound of Music Locations and hiking up a Swiss mountain overlooking typical postcard Swiss houses) as well as Florence and perhaps Pisa and Venice. According to what I have found so far, it seems a 10-15 day train pass would be more feasible than train tickets. Any help on costs, things to do, places to stay, specifics of where to visit, etc. would be extremely helpful. Thanks.
Considering a family trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 2 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 3 Europe in 21 days
- 4 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 5 How to change college, after obtaining French visa?
- 6 Paris Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe
- 7 A drive in Europe
- 8 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 9 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 10 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 11 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 12 nearby cities to london
- 13 Honeymoon Villa rental - Santorini or Mykonos
- 14 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 15 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 16 Swiss rail passes
- 17 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 18 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 19 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)
- 20 Augsburg with kids
- 21 train to Vernon France
- 22 Car service w/ baby car seat: London & Paris
- 23 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 24 Hotel in Venice
- 25 Florence to Siena May 1st