We are considering a family trip next year. Our youngest will be 17. There may be 4 or 6 of us. After visiting family in Britain we would like to start our European trip from London going to Paris, visiting Switzerland and Austria (my all-time dream vacation spots including Salzburg Sound of Music Locations and hiking up a Swiss mountain overlooking typical postcard Swiss houses) as well as Florence and perhaps Pisa and Venice. According to what I have found so far, it seems a 10-15 day train pass would be more feasible than train tickets. Any help on costs, things to do, places to stay, specifics of where to visit, etc. would be extremely helpful. Thanks.
Considering a family trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 2 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 3 Rome Areas to stay
- 4 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 5 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 6 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 7 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 8 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 9 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 10 Versailles-How Long to Plan for a Visit to Trianons
- 11 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 12 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 13 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 14 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 15 Careful now in train stations even after security
- 16 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 17 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 18 St Germain
- 19 When to go to Sicily
- 20 Wengen to Torino?
- 21 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 22 Lakes District UK
- 23 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 24 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 25 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens