We are considering a family trip next year. Our youngest will be 17. There may be 4 or 6 of us. After visiting family in Britain we would like to start our European trip from London going to Paris, visiting Switzerland and Austria (my all-time dream vacation spots including Salzburg Sound of Music Locations and hiking up a Swiss mountain overlooking typical postcard Swiss houses) as well as Florence and perhaps Pisa and Venice. According to what I have found so far, it seems a 10-15 day train pass would be more feasible than train tickets. Any help on costs, things to do, places to stay, specifics of where to visit, etc. would be extremely helpful. Thanks.
Considering a family trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 2 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 3 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 4 A Superb 8 Days in Dresden
- 5 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 6 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 7 Southern Ireland Help
- 8 Bologna tips
- 9 London and Where Else in late December?
- 10 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 11 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 12 Electronic plug adapter for Italy
- 13 canadian memorial in Normandy France
- 14 Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia
- 15 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 16 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 17 London - Site List Triage -
- 18 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati
- 19 Debit card with 6 digit pin
- 20 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 21 London Day Trips - Soooo many options
- 22 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 23 Unico Costiera Tickets Have Gone Down in Price!!!!
- 24 London neighborhood suggestions
- 25 Teaching English in Europe or Asia