We are considering a family trip next year. Our youngest will be 17. There may be 4 or 6 of us. After visiting family in Britain we would like to start our European trip from London going to Paris, visiting Switzerland and Austria (my all-time dream vacation spots including Salzburg Sound of Music Locations and hiking up a Swiss mountain overlooking typical postcard Swiss houses) as well as Florence and perhaps Pisa and Venice. According to what I have found so far, it seems a 10-15 day train pass would be more feasible than train tickets. Any help on costs, things to do, places to stay, specifics of where to visit, etc. would be extremely helpful. Thanks.
Considering a family trip
View all Europe activity »
- 1 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 2 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 3 2 Week European Itinerary
- 4 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 5 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 6 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 7 To Paris and Provence in June
- 8 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 9 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 10 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 11 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 12 Family European winter holiday
- 13 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 14 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 15 Car in Prague
- 16 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 17 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 18 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 19 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 20 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 21 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 22 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 23 Rome Accommodation
- 24 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 25 Where to stop on Italy's west coast