We are considering a family trip next year. Our youngest will be 17. There may be 4 or 6 of us. After visiting family in Britain we would like to start our European trip from London going to Paris, visiting Switzerland and Austria (my all-time dream vacation spots including Salzburg Sound of Music Locations and hiking up a Swiss mountain overlooking typical postcard Swiss houses) as well as Florence and perhaps Pisa and Venice. According to what I have found so far, it seems a 10-15 day train pass would be more feasible than train tickets. Any help on costs, things to do, places to stay, specifics of where to visit, etc. would be extremely helpful. Thanks.
Considering a family trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Grandhotel Giessbach in Switzerland
- 2 Camino No-No
- 3 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 4 Taormina & Mt Etna
- 5 travel insurance
- 6 ferry messina to reggio calabria
- 7 Greece for a month with a baby
- 8 Recommended drivers for Tuscany
- 9 2 Days in Brussels
- 10 hotel near Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen
- 11 Monet's Giverny
- 12 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 13 Restaurants in San Sebastian
- 14 7 Days in Greece. Islands along with Athens ??
- 15 Munich Day Trips
- 16 Cookware in France
- 17 Innsbruck or Interlaken/Jungfrau for winter activities in May
- 18 Train from Barcelona-Saints to Estacio de Franca
- 19 700 die off Italian coast in boat accident.
- 20 Student with no visa: Will I be denied re-entry into Germany???
- 21 wedding abroad
- 22 2 Weeks in Spain for a wedding in Leon.
- 23 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 24 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 4 First Evening in Vienna
- 25 Three weeks in Italy with a two-year old