We are considering a family trip next year. Our youngest will be 17. There may be 4 or 6 of us. After visiting family in Britain we would like to start our European trip from London going to Paris, visiting Switzerland and Austria (my all-time dream vacation spots including Salzburg Sound of Music Locations and hiking up a Swiss mountain overlooking typical postcard Swiss houses) as well as Florence and perhaps Pisa and Venice. According to what I have found so far, it seems a 10-15 day train pass would be more feasible than train tickets. Any help on costs, things to do, places to stay, specifics of where to visit, etc. would be extremely helpful. Thanks.
Considering a family trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do European countries offer tax (or other) advantages to B&B owners?
- 2 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 3 scotland trave;
- 4 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 5 4 days in Scotland
- 6 Paris in one day with 2 kids
- 7 RER B Schedule on a Sunday Morning
- 8 In Defense of the Notoriously Arrogant French Waiter
- 9 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 10 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 11 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 12 Visit Algarve in mid-April 2015: Yes or No?
- 13 Iceland wedding
- 14 Best of Southern France, your favorites?
- 15 What American foods do Europeans love?
- 16 From Orly to hotel in 8th arrondisement
- 17 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 18 11:00 am flight from Rome & my husband
- 19 Accommodation
- 20 Airb2b in Paris
- 21 Euro Quiz # 63 (Friday): Vive la France!
- 22 Freising or Erding?
- 23 Southwest Ireland - 3 Nights
- 24 Travel from Amsterdam to Pisa
- 25 Trains