I have only flown non-direct flights once in the past and next week I will for the second time and I fear that I won't make it in time between two connecting flights.
This is my itinerary:
IB 7867 Tel Aviv 06:00 to Madrid 10:30
AA 5673 Madrid 12:00 to Miami 15:30
AA 2139 Miami 20:00 to Cancun 20:35
As you can see, between landing in Madrid and departing Madrid I have 90 minutes. In both flights I am booked under Iberia, but both flights are operated by ELAL and American Airlines.
In the one connection flight I flew in the past it was 2 flights, both were Alitalia flights and both booked through alitalia website so my luggage was checked all the way from the departing country to my destination and I didn't need to claim the baggage before the connecting flight and check it again.
This time, it's booked with an agent from Argentina and I have no way of really know how will it work. Will Iberia be transferring my luggage from one airplane to the other? Or do I need to go out, take my luggage in baggage claim and re-check it again with passport control and security check and all? Because if I need to claim it and re-check it, there's a good chance I won't make it to the connecting flight...
I would appreciate any help from personal knowledge and experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kech YAHOO@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 TECH SUPP0RT CARE
- 2 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 3 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 4 Help on ancient history route
- 5 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 6 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 7 Maximizing Norway time
- 8 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 9 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 10 Hotels in Turin
- 11 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 12 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 13 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 14 3 days solo in London
- 15 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 16 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?
- 17 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 18 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 19 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 20 Scotland
- 21 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 22 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 23 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 24 Studying art in English in venice
- 25 Berlin to ?