I'm afraid I am quite bewildered about two of Brussels' train stations and how we are to navigate them.
1. We are catching a train (Thalys) from Amsterdam to Brussels. This apparently arrives at Bruxelles-Midi (which means SOUTH - why not SUD?). It can also be called Gare du Midi or Zuidstation.
Anyway, we need to get to Brussels Centrale (or Gare Centrale or Brussel Centraal) because our hotel is walking distance from that station.
What is the easiest way to get to Central from South? We are told that Intercity is easier than Tram or Metro, but that the Midi station is big and busy so is there an easy way to find our way to the Intercity train we need?
2. After spending a night in Brussels, we are travelling to Bruges for two nights. Can we get a train from Central to Bruges, or do we need to make our way back to Midi for that trip? If we do, again what are the directions for getting from Central to Midi and on to a train that will get us to Bruges?
3. Following our 2-day stay in Bruges, we are travelling to Paris - again via Thalys, and again this train leaves from Midi. Various forums say that the Midi station has quite a high crime rate - especially for tourists looking "obviously lost".
It is also mentioned that the signage is not that good and I want to be sure that we can get off the train from Bruges and quickly and easily find our way to the correct Thalys platform. Is there an easy way to plan this ahead of time?
Thanks in advance - and sorry for being paranoid. Just need to be confident.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde
- 2 One day visit to Helsinki on a cruise ship
- 3 What to do in Stockholm for 4 hours
- 4 How best to spend a day in Tallinn
- 5 20 free days of Europe
- 6 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 7 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 8 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 9 Frankfurt Airport Rail Connection
- 10 Norfolk base
- 11 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 12 italy itinerary
- 13 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 14 Late October European trek/hike location suggestions
- 15 Help family trip Sardinia with 2years old
- 16 Small town near Grenada?
- 17 Rome Rental Car
- 18 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 19 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 20 Getting to CDG Airport from Le Marais
- 21 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 22 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 23 Czech Republic, Krakow & Budapest Trip Report
- 24 Berlin restaurant recs
- 25 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*