I'm afraid I am quite bewildered about two of Brussels' train stations and how we are to navigate them.
1. We are catching a train (Thalys) from Amsterdam to Brussels. This apparently arrives at Bruxelles-Midi (which means SOUTH - why not SUD?). It can also be called Gare du Midi or Zuidstation.
Anyway, we need to get to Brussels Centrale (or Gare Centrale or Brussel Centraal) because our hotel is walking distance from that station.
What is the easiest way to get to Central from South? We are told that Intercity is easier than Tram or Metro, but that the Midi station is big and busy so is there an easy way to find our way to the Intercity train we need?
2. After spending a night in Brussels, we are travelling to Bruges for two nights. Can we get a train from Central to Bruges, or do we need to make our way back to Midi for that trip? If we do, again what are the directions for getting from Central to Midi and on to a train that will get us to Bruges?
3. Following our 2-day stay in Bruges, we are travelling to Paris - again via Thalys, and again this train leaves from Midi. Various forums say that the Midi station has quite a high crime rate - especially for tourists looking "obviously lost".
It is also mentioned that the signage is not that good and I want to be sure that we can get off the train from Bruges and quickly and easily find our way to the correct Thalys platform. Is there an easy way to plan this ahead of time?
Thanks in advance - and sorry for being paranoid. Just need to be confident.
Confused about Brussels Train Stations
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A full week in The Netherlands
- 2 Struggling with Ireland itinerary - help finding off the beaten path gems!
- 3 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 4 What do you wish you'd known about Iceland before you went?
- 5 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 6 Advice for first family trip to Europe
- 7 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 8 What NOT TO WEAR in PARIS & ROME?! Women's Fashion Help!
- 9 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 10 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 11 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 12 Need to get from ship to Venice airport
- 13 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 14 10 days in England
- 15 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 16 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 17 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 18 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 19 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 20 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 21 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 22 Suggested itinerary for Istanbul??
- 23 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 24 Drawing courses in Paris
- 25 If you had a week in Switzerland...