I'm afraid I am quite bewildered about two of Brussels' train stations and how we are to navigate them.
1. We are catching a train (Thalys) from Amsterdam to Brussels. This apparently arrives at Bruxelles-Midi (which means SOUTH - why not SUD?). It can also be called Gare du Midi or Zuidstation.
Anyway, we need to get to Brussels Centrale (or Gare Centrale or Brussel Centraal) because our hotel is walking distance from that station.
What is the easiest way to get to Central from South? We are told that Intercity is easier than Tram or Metro, but that the Midi station is big and busy so is there an easy way to find our way to the Intercity train we need?
2. After spending a night in Brussels, we are travelling to Bruges for two nights. Can we get a train from Central to Bruges, or do we need to make our way back to Midi for that trip? If we do, again what are the directions for getting from Central to Midi and on to a train that will get us to Bruges?
3. Following our 2-day stay in Bruges, we are travelling to Paris - again via Thalys, and again this train leaves from Midi. Various forums say that the Midi station has quite a high crime rate - especially for tourists looking "obviously lost".
It is also mentioned that the signage is not that good and I want to be sure that we can get off the train from Bruges and quickly and easily find our way to the correct Thalys platform. Is there an easy way to plan this ahead of time?
Thanks in advance - and sorry for being paranoid. Just need to be confident.
Confused about Brussels Train Stations
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 2 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 3 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 4 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 5 Porto -City Break
- 6 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 7 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 8 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 9 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 10 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 11 Street food in Turkey
- 12 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 13 Three days in Spain
- 14 Paris in April?
- 15 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 16 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 17 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 18 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 19 Prague - Tram #22
- 20 Day trip from London to Paris
- 21 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 22 A drive in Europe
- 23 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 24 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 25 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam