I'm afraid I am quite bewildered about two of Brussels' train stations and how we are to navigate them.
1. We are catching a train (Thalys) from Amsterdam to Brussels. This apparently arrives at Bruxelles-Midi (which means SOUTH - why not SUD?). It can also be called Gare du Midi or Zuidstation.
Anyway, we need to get to Brussels Centrale (or Gare Centrale or Brussel Centraal) because our hotel is walking distance from that station.
What is the easiest way to get to Central from South? We are told that Intercity is easier than Tram or Metro, but that the Midi station is big and busy so is there an easy way to find our way to the Intercity train we need?
2. After spending a night in Brussels, we are travelling to Bruges for two nights. Can we get a train from Central to Bruges, or do we need to make our way back to Midi for that trip? If we do, again what are the directions for getting from Central to Midi and on to a train that will get us to Bruges?
3. Following our 2-day stay in Bruges, we are travelling to Paris - again via Thalys, and again this train leaves from Midi. Various forums say that the Midi station has quite a high crime rate - especially for tourists looking "obviously lost".
It is also mentioned that the signage is not that good and I want to be sure that we can get off the train from Bruges and quickly and easily find our way to the correct Thalys platform. Is there an easy way to plan this ahead of time?
Thanks in advance - and sorry for being paranoid. Just need to be confident.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France Itinerary Advice
- 2 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 3 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 4 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 5 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 6 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 7 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 8 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 9 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 10 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 11 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 12 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 13 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 14 Firt time VISA applicant
- 15 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 16 Murren to Prague
- 17 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 18 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 19 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 20 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 21 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 22 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 23 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 24 Le Marche Research Help
- 25 question on Barcelona itinerary