I'm afraid I am quite bewildered about two of Brussels' train stations and how we are to navigate them.
1. We are catching a train (Thalys) from Amsterdam to Brussels. This apparently arrives at Bruxelles-Midi (which means SOUTH - why not SUD?). It can also be called Gare du Midi or Zuidstation.
Anyway, we need to get to Brussels Centrale (or Gare Centrale or Brussel Centraal) because our hotel is walking distance from that station.
What is the easiest way to get to Central from South? We are told that Intercity is easier than Tram or Metro, but that the Midi station is big and busy so is there an easy way to find our way to the Intercity train we need?
2. After spending a night in Brussels, we are travelling to Bruges for two nights. Can we get a train from Central to Bruges, or do we need to make our way back to Midi for that trip? If we do, again what are the directions for getting from Central to Midi and on to a train that will get us to Bruges?
3. Following our 2-day stay in Bruges, we are travelling to Paris - again via Thalys, and again this train leaves from Midi. Various forums say that the Midi station has quite a high crime rate - especially for tourists looking "obviously lost".
It is also mentioned that the signage is not that good and I want to be sure that we can get off the train from Bruges and quickly and easily find our way to the correct Thalys platform. Is there an easy way to plan this ahead of time?
Thanks in advance - and sorry for being paranoid. Just need to be confident.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 2 Venice
- 3 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 4 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 5 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 6 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 7 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 8 Another Book List for Italy
- 9 18-19 day Budapest -Croatia itinerary
- 10 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 11 Last night in Sweden
- 12 Best Itinerary for 15 Days?
- 13 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 14 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 15 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 16 charming cities in Spain
- 17 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 18 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 19 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 20 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 21 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 22 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 23 Berlin, Nice and London
- 24 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts
- 25 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk