With your help on this forum, I've done two ball trips to Vienna-- the first time to Philharmonikerball and Pharmacieball in 2010, and the following year to Blumenball. Now, after seeing my photos, some of my family and friends want to go too, and we are looking at next summer.
The Concordia Ball would be my first choice because of its history and location, but the mid-June timing may not be possible with my work schedule next year. Have you attended the Fete Imperiale, and how does it compare to the other major balls? What is the Flanierkarte, and where is "Stallburg"? Am I reading the website correctly, that the cheapest seats are 280 euros, so with a table seat the Fete Imperiale would cost about as much as the Opernball? http://www.fete-imperiale.at/en/tickets/ What is the price range for table seats at the Concordia Ball?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 2 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 3 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 4 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 5 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 6 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 7 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 8 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 9 Shall we Gdansk?
- 10 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 11 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 12 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 13 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 14 Jewish Vienna
- 15 Short time in Vienna
- 16 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 17 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 18 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 19 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 20 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 21 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 22 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 23 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 24 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 25 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
Concordia and Fete Imperiale (another Viennese ball question for Molker)