We'll be in Vienna in early September and would like to see a concert on the evening of the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. (Prefer orchestra over opera.) We're not looking to spend more than 50 euros or so though.
We were initially looking at the Vienna Mozart Orchestra at the Musikverein, but after reading a lot of mixed reviews, we're looking for other options. Is the Vienna Hofburg Orchestra similarly touristy, etc? There seem to be a lot of smaller concerts at churches like Karlskirche. Is this perhaps the way to go for our budget?
Alternatively we'll also be in Salzburg 8/31-9/1 -- perhaps we should see a concert at Mirabell Palace?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona alternative
- 2 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 3 Italy Car Scam
- 4 Spanish Medical Providers
- 5 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 8 Iceland early december visit
- 9 Paris to Italy
- 10 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 11 God Save the Queen?
- 12 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 13 8 Days in Spain
- 14 9 Days in Spain
- 15 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 18 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 19 Milan or Turin
- 20 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 21 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 22 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 23 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 24 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 25 Frankfurt to UK