We'll be in Vienna in early September and would like to see a concert on the evening of the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. (Prefer orchestra over opera.) We're not looking to spend more than 50 euros or so though.
We were initially looking at the Vienna Mozart Orchestra at the Musikverein, but after reading a lot of mixed reviews, we're looking for other options. Is the Vienna Hofburg Orchestra similarly touristy, etc? There seem to be a lot of smaller concerts at churches like Karlskirche. Is this perhaps the way to go for our budget?
Alternatively we'll also be in Salzburg 8/31-9/1 -- perhaps we should see a concert at Mirabell Palace?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 2 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 3 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 4 retruning to US with souveniers
- 5 returning with souveniers from Europe
- 6 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 7 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 8 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 9 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 10 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 11 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 12 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 13 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 14 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 15 Help on ancient history route
- 16 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 17 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 18 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 19 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 20 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 21 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 22 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 23 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 24 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 25 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area