We'll be in Vienna in early September and would like to see a concert on the evening of the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. (Prefer orchestra over opera.) We're not looking to spend more than 50 euros or so though.
We were initially looking at the Vienna Mozart Orchestra at the Musikverein, but after reading a lot of mixed reviews, we're looking for other options. Is the Vienna Hofburg Orchestra similarly touristy, etc? There seem to be a lot of smaller concerts at churches like Karlskirche. Is this perhaps the way to go for our budget?
Alternatively we'll also be in Salzburg 8/31-9/1 -- perhaps we should see a concert at Mirabell Palace?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Theater
- 2 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 3 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 4 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 5 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 6 UK in May and June
- 7 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 8 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 9 Poland to Austria In December
- 10 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 11 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 12 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 13 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 14 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 15 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 16 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 17 Norwegian Air?
- 18 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 19 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 20 Shorts in South of France?
- 21 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 22 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 23 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 24 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 25 bvlenci Could you answer some q's about le Marche from another poster?