We'll be in Vienna in early September and would like to see a concert on the evening of the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. (Prefer orchestra over opera.) We're not looking to spend more than 50 euros or so though.
We were initially looking at the Vienna Mozart Orchestra at the Musikverein, but after reading a lot of mixed reviews, we're looking for other options. Is the Vienna Hofburg Orchestra similarly touristy, etc? There seem to be a lot of smaller concerts at churches like Karlskirche. Is this perhaps the way to go for our budget?
Alternatively we'll also be in Salzburg 8/31-9/1 -- perhaps we should see a concert at Mirabell Palace?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paperwork to Marry in Italy
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy
- 4 Day trips around Vienna
- 5 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 6 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 7 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 8 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 9 Vacation
- 10 Rouen Tour Companies
- 11 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 12 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 13 Praiano hotel question
- 14 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 15 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 16 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 17 St Denis Cathedral
- 18 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 19 Italy bus or train
- 20 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 21 Ireland itinerary help please
- 22 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 23 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 24 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 25 Rome-Itinerary