I have a family member who is convinced by the travel organizer that it is fine to use U.S. dollars in Istanbul. The visit will only be a few days. Though some may be willing to take U.S. dollars, would it be to my family member's advantage to pay in Lira or at least Euro? She's concern about getting cash from ATM. She'll be arriving in Istanbul via bus. I've had problems with my ATM card in Europe before, so I understand her concerns. What are the best options? I say get some Liras and use Euros as a fall back.
Concerns with using U.S. $ in Istanbul?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 2 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 3 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 4 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 5 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 6 2 weeks in Europe
- 7 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 8 Need help on best 7 day Istanbul / Cappadocia end of April itinerary
- 9 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 10 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 11 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 12 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 13 active activities in Marmaris, Myrina (Lemnos), and Patmos?
- 14 Madrid and London
- 15 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 16 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 17 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 18 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 19 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 20 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 21 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 22 Matisse at Tate
- 23 Ireland Southwest
- 24 Restaurant Recommendations for Lisbon
- 25 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...