I have a family member who is convinced by the travel organizer that it is fine to use U.S. dollars in Istanbul. The visit will only be a few days. Though some may be willing to take U.S. dollars, would it be to my family member's advantage to pay in Lira or at least Euro? She's concern about getting cash from ATM. She'll be arriving in Istanbul via bus. I've had problems with my ATM card in Europe before, so I understand her concerns. What are the best options? I say get some Liras and use Euros as a fall back.
Concerns with using U.S. $ in Istanbul?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid and London
- 2 What to wear
- 3 Prague flea markets
- 4 Tipping in Greece
- 5 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 6 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 7 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 8 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 9 Timing a river cruise
- 10 Top flamenco in Barcelona this fall - every night!
- 11 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 12 Painting Classes at Giverny or surrounds in English please!
- 13 Norway Haugesund and Bergen photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 14 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 15 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 16 flea markets in France
- 17 I need a haircut
- 18 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 19 Feedback regarding Jay Way Travel
- 20 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 21 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 22 Madrid apartments
- 23 London neighborhood suggestions
- 24 Two days to spend in northern Spain traveling by car
- 25 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer