I have a family member who is convinced by the travel organizer that it is fine to use U.S. dollars in Istanbul. The visit will only be a few days. Though some may be willing to take U.S. dollars, would it be to my family member's advantage to pay in Lira or at least Euro? She's concern about getting cash from ATM. She'll be arriving in Istanbul via bus. I've had problems with my ATM card in Europe before, so I understand her concerns. What are the best options? I say get some Liras and use Euros as a fall back.
Concerns with using U.S. $ in Istanbul?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 2 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 3 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 4 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 5 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 6 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 7 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 8 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 9 Where should I go (4 days after work week in London)
- 10 Scuol, Switzerland
- 11 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 12 2 Weeks in Paris
- 13 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 14 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 15 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 16 Dolomites in May? Worth it?
- 17 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 18 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 19 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 20 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 21 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 22 Internet or travel agent?
- 23 Raining in rome
- 24 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 25 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night