I have a family member who is convinced by the travel organizer that it is fine to use U.S. dollars in Istanbul. The visit will only be a few days. Though some may be willing to take U.S. dollars, would it be to my family member's advantage to pay in Lira or at least Euro? She's concern about getting cash from ATM. She'll be arriving in Istanbul via bus. I've had problems with my ATM card in Europe before, so I understand her concerns. What are the best options? I say get some Liras and use Euros as a fall back.
Concerns with using U.S. $ in Istanbul?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 To Paris and Provence in June
- 2 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 3 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 4 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 5 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 6 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 7 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 8 A full week in The Netherlands
- 9 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 10 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 11 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 12 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 13 Apartments in Rome
- 14 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 15 Prague - must see
- 16 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 17 jewlery or no jewlery?
- 18 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 19 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 20 London for Christmas
- 21 7 days in Andalucia
- 22 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 23 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 24 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 25 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France