I did read up a bit on this but still not clear (my head is getting groggy with planning a 5 weeks Europe trip in 10 days!)
I intend to travel on EN-944 overnight train from Salzburg to Venice. The options in second class are:
In Compartment, there are 3 options in dropbox, namely Window / Central / Corridor.
In Saloon, there are 2 options in dropbox, namely Window / Corridor.
Considering it is a night train (not much of a "view" to partake) and I would be traveling solo (female) with reasonable luggage, what would be more comfortable and safe option to choose?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CDG airport and connection time
- 2 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 3 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 4 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 5 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 6 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 7 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 8 Travelogue: Sweden with kids
- 9 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 10 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 11 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 12 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 13 Dash to Sicily January Advice hel....
- 14 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 15 Switzerland
- 16 If you had to choose one......
- 17 Where to buy Saffron?
- 18 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 19 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 20 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 21 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 22 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 23 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 24 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 25 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
"Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?