I did read up a bit on this but still not clear (my head is getting groggy with planning a 5 weeks Europe trip in 10 days!)
I intend to travel on EN-944 overnight train from Salzburg to Venice. The options in second class are:
In Compartment, there are 3 options in dropbox, namely Window / Central / Corridor.
In Saloon, there are 2 options in dropbox, namely Window / Corridor.
Considering it is a night train (not much of a "view" to partake) and I would be traveling solo (female) with reasonable luggage, what would be more comfortable and safe option to choose?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Acorn TV
- 2 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 3 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 4 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 5 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 6 Petrol in Greece
- 7 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 8 We're here!
- 9 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 10 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 11 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 12 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 13 Another tipping question: concierges
- 14 6-7 Days in France
- 15 International Flight Question
- 16 5 Days in Switzerland
- 17 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 18 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 19 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 20 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 21 Bremerhaven and environs
- 22 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 23 Spain in July
- 24 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 25 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
"Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?